• Banana
  • Imps Green
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Coopers

[Changelog] 2.28 -

I actually really like those trophies. At least for 11/6 chars there are a lot of possibilities (for 12/5 chars it kinda sucks though). The damage might be a bit lower than with regular sets, but you can really get a lot of resis with those new trophies. Also when fighting an ap/mp rape team you can just use a 32 ap or mp resi trophy without any negative stats :).

For example:

an int set (focused on resis): http://dofusbook.net/fr/personnage/fiche/148457-iop/1.html

a str set with some power (kinda threw some random parts togheter, but seems kinda decent-ish, especially the vit): http://dofusbook.net/fr/personnage/fiche/148457-iop/2.html

I didn't spend that much time on those set, so they can probably be improved a lot, just wanted to show those trophies aren't as useless as everyone is saying

yeah im sure playing around and in time eventually everyone will come around to liking them and/or finding an awesome combination with certain set items... but i still dont see how they are good for those who need the ap or mp bonuses from sets. Time will tell :)

yeah im sure playing around and in time eventually everyone will come around to liking them and/or finding an awesome combination with certain set items... but i still dont see how they are good for those who need the ap or mp bonuses from sets. Time will tell :)

Instead of an ap set bonus you can use an ap/150 vit trophy (which almost is like wearing an ochre and old 160 vit trophy in 1 dofus slot) and/or wear an mp/50% power trophy? (if you want to use a jackanapes you will probably not have enough trophy slots left to make up for the lack of set bonus though)

Edited by barbaric-psychopath
  • Like 1

Instead of an ap set bonus you can use an ap/150 vit trophy (which almost is like wearing an ochre and old 160 vit trophy in 1 dofus slot) and/or wear an mp/50% power trophy? (if you want to use a jackanapes you will probably not have enough trophy slots left to make up for the lack of set bonus though)

Oh nice! My computer wont let me download the beta so i haven't seen ALL just pictures of some that have been uploaded to places

wow ankama stop adding new shit that requires me to add new functionality to dofusplanner

• Like 14

These aren't too bad, especially the ap/mp trophies. You could potentially change out an MP bonus for AP or vice versa. The others aren't great for end-game, but they're for 150+ after all.

..Is there a new pods trophy? :D

Cafatt has changed his mind on these trophies...all sets i make are actually quite impressive.

Don't ask me for my set combos :ph34r: They remain my secret weapon.

• Like 1

Cafatt has changed his mind on these trophies...all sets i make are actually quite impressive.

Don't ask me for my set combos :ph34r: They remain my secret weapon.

Dont need to know them. My bearb + TF combo is still better.

• Like 4

Wow I logged on to the beta as soon as the maintenance was over and I was left with dissapointment when I couldn't even wear full TF and these new trophies. Such a useless addition to the game.

• Like 1

Interesting, I hope dofusfashionista will get updated to be able to use these trophies soon.

• Like 5

Interesting, I hope dofusfashionista will get updated to be able to use these trophies soon.

lol i love your mindset! x)

• Like 1

I wouldn't hold my breath. The folks who made that site are in my guild, and they aren't keen on adding these because of all the things that can make the set invalid.

I assume it will still happen, but I wouldn't expect it to be too soon.

Edited by Rumple

I actually have the impression that the devs are experimenting with this kind of restrictions to make finding an optimal set harder. Like what happened with sites that automatically calculated treasure hunts.

Doesn't make it any harder if we just don't use them.

Anyone knows when Beta goes heroic mode? :lol:

Edited by BLOODQUENCHER

I think the more important question is does anybody really care?

Oh, and PS - it probably won't this time. There's nothing changing that directly affects heroic.

Shame, I made a 2k str set on dofusbook I was going to make for trolls and giggles and I saw these my jaw dropped but i cant use my str setup with them. I cri.... :wacko: 2.2k str setup rip.

On another note these look fun af.

Amey

Edited by Harukage

They're definitely not completely useless at end game, they will be very useful for specialized sets or builds that lack good sets anyways. I think a lot of the reaction is just to "OMG can't even use a full set!" without looking at the trophy bonuses. Throw the AP and MP trophies on and you've basically replicated the set bonus anyways. The others aren't as overwhelming, but that's mainly because you would use mostly these trophies if you already aren't using sets, so the added stats sum up to be quite impactful.

Made a lil str/cha set for panda 11/6/5 ◄ http://dofusbook.net/fr/personnage/fiche/375801-haruka-hyorix/2.html

Its actually not bad. The big issue is lack of slots.

Moar slots or riot!

Edit: Made a str/int set. Its really nice 11/6/6 with 4 summons. ◄ http://dofusbook.net/fr/personnage/fiche/375801-haruka-hyorix/3.html

Amey

Edited by Harukage

FYI: all new trophies are now added to Dofus Planner.

Interestingly, while scouring for the sprites of the new trophies, I found this set of trophies that seem to have not been released:

YX1QM9j.pngR4KFkGB.pngCWNOVGj.png

Edited by Jon
  • Like 1

Glad to see people finally coming around on the trophies

FYI: all new trophies are now added to Dofus Planner.

Interestingly, while scouring for the sprites of the new trophies, I found this set of trophies that seem to have not been released:

YX1QM9j.pngR4KFkGB.pngCWNOVGj.png

Pod trophy? :D

• Like 1

Ya know, after playing around with it a bit in dofusbook... my initial reaction that they're not that bad is wrong.

In fact, the new trophies aren't just not bad, they're amazing. I'd be surprised if there aren't nerfs by the time beta ends.

At first, I was a bit disappointed that you couldn't use more then 2 pieces of a set at all with the new trophies, but certainly with the statement Ankama intented this, it's quite a good update.

Frigost 3, dimensions, etc., in the past year there has been so much new equipment that has been released.

But as always, a small section of that was used by the majority of the players. mixing up all different sort of equipment was rarely worth the effort 'cause you would miss out on the set bonus.

The new trophies are the fix for that. Players that are fine with their set and set bonusses have nothing to worry about, but now there are other ways to find your perfect set without having to complete a set for the +ap or mp bonus.

The idea is extreme and it needs some time to grow on you, but when you try it out on dofus book, enough whooping fun sets can be created :-)

• Like 1

Ya know, after playing around with it a bit in dofusbook... my initial reaction that they're not that bad is wrong.

In fact, the new trophies aren't just not bad, they're amazing. I'd be surprised if there aren't nerfs by the time beta ends.

Yeah, I'm starting to lean towards the same conclusion. I threw this set together in less than 2 minutes so it could probably be improved some (a lot). http://dofusplanner.com/9PwDc/

No exos whatsoever and not at all far behind the omni sets Ecas use today. Bottom line is, these trophys make it possible for pretty much any build to go 11/6 without any AP/MP exos.

• Like 1