• Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Infiniteus

x2 EXP! Happy New Years! (Expired)

We wish you a merry Kw-… What? Kwismas is over? The dawning of the New Year will soon be upon us and what better way to usher in 2015 than two days of bonuses? From the 1st to the 2nd of January, we will be offering double Combat XP!We want to thank you for your support in the last year and we look forward for another year of WAKFU and the World of Twelve! So, whether you are celebrating online or offline, we hope that you have a truly smashing time.

And we would like to usher the year 2015 with the loudest and proudest cheer! We are excited for what the next year will bring and how both our team and community will grow, shape and develop WAKFU.
Oh… and of course, we couldn’t bring in the New Year without a celebration. From Thursday the 1st of January (00:01 AM server time) to Friday the 2nd of January (23.59 PM server time) we will be offering double combat XP for players on Nox, Remington and Amara.
Happy New Year!
Please note that ALL servers will be receiving the x2 EXP. This message has been copied from the EN main forums, where it has explicitly mentioned English speaking servers.
Enjoy and have a safe remainder of 2014 everybody!

Hey Mango does this include WAPAC? Theres nothing on the forums about it, and will be pretty gutted if we dont get it too!

As far as I can see on the calendar, WAPAC should be receiving it too. I haven't been in contact with [Renommus] for a couple weeks now. Can you remind me if WAPAC had any special bonuses for Christmas Day and Boxing Day?

Curious to know, how are exp multipliers for events like these calculated with other exp multipliers, particularly the bonuses for characters lower level than others on the same account?

The base amount of XP we'll use is 100%, which you gain for having a Booster Pack. Without a Booster Pack, you're actually de-modified to 70%.

These events alter the XP the mob gives, not the amount you receive, so previous effects are doubly in effect. With maximum wisdom and x3 XP from high level characters, you by default gain x4.5 XP. With double XP events, this increases to x9.0 XP.

I think.

As far as I can see on the calendar, WAPAC should be receiving it too. I haven't been in contact with [Renommus] for a couple weeks now. Can you remind me if WAPAC had any special bonuses for Christmas Day and Boxing Day?

We did not.

The base amount of XP we'll use is 100%, which you gain for having a Booster Pack. Without a Booster Pack, you're actually de-modified to 70%.

These events alter the XP the mob gives, not the amount you receive, so previous effects are doubly in effect. With maximum wisdom and x3 XP from high level characters, you by default gain x4.5 XP. With double XP events, this increases to x9.0 XP.

I think.

Amazing.

Some serious alt leveling is gonna happen...

Hey Mango does this include WAPAC? Theres nothing on the forums about it, and will be pretty gutted if we dont get it too!

Hello Nomez,

We've received quite a few reports stating that APAC players really would like to see bonus XP weekends (and special days) implemented on their servers. I can confirm that this is something we're going to introduce to APAC too!

The bonus XP weekend is coming, rest assured!

- Picaro

I think.

I was under the impression that these events basically take the existing experience formula, put the entire formula in brackets, then multiply that result by 2. I think the character multipliers count as the regular formula in this case. Your x9 might be right but I think it's easier to think of as a x2 of everything =P

Edited by Kiba

That's probably right. I was wondering if they had some super button to toggle that doubled the experience value of all enemies in the game. But that sounds much easier to do. I think all that most people asking want to know is if the bonus XP event overlaps with the wisdom cap, which fortunately it does not! :D