• Sky
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Ankama Brown
  • Charcoal

Ensure you are aware of and follow your nation's guidance regarding coronavirus (COVID-19). Act responsibly and avoid unnecessary social interaction. Your actions may endanger the lives of those at risk. 

Sign in to follow this  
ReaperSurm

Update Imps rules/guidelines?

40 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Imps should update their rules and guidelines?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Have Mod's hindered your imps experience lately?

• Yes
    • No

Going to be a bit of a hindrance and move the topic to correct board; the Suggestion Box. I also fixed the caps in the poll options.

• Like 8

zA-Zombie.png

I feel like certain people get away with more than others. Other wise wouldn't Persona have been banned a long time ago. I find him equally annoying as Boltrak.

• Like 3

:D ;o :3 ^_^ :P

[05:48] Rizzix: Save the best till last

[15:02] Mikaela attacks with Archetypal Bow. Critical Hit!

[15:02] Cadbury: -130 HP (dead).
[15:02] Coney is dead.

It ain't a party without yall bois

jersey rushu.png

These people got promoted for a reason, and they are doing there job by enforcing the rules and cleaning up shit that is breaking them. Imps has its rules we are using their forums, this isn't a place where you were born. You joined their forum, so if you're going to be here follow the damn rules.

• Like 3

IRON 2013-AND STILL RUNNING. Strongest and longest reigning alliance ever built on an international server.

Admin weighing in here.

If you have an issue with a particular mod, you contact myself or Aza. (Or more recently, also ruggur or dacheat).

Ultimately, Imps isn't a business. It never has been. Even when donations were still an option, they rarely covered the hosting costs. At all. Let alone software licences. Now, the server is completely paid for by Kyek.

It is, however, a community. Which is why we are always willing to listen to suggestions. However, ultimately, what the admins say goes. It might suck for you guys to hear it, but ultimately we do get the final decision on things. This is the way Imps has always worked, for the last God knows how many years. Even if it wasn't always obvious, the moderating and admin team makes those decisions. Sometimes visibly, sometimes behind the scenes.

Now, regarding the marketplaces. The mods are MEANT to be enforcing those rules. In fact, we have about five topics in the mod forum, dated from recently to when the forum was archived, all saying how we should really step up the game.

The reason why this normally doesn't happen, is because we don't have the time. The majority of reports we get are for big flare ups elsewhere in the forums, rather than marketplace posts. We don't have the time to scroll through looking for marketplace posts that break the rules.

This happens EVERY TIME we get new mods. We get a surge in marketplace forum moderation. Because suddenly, we have more hands who have more time. And, to be perfectly honest, it's easier modding. It lets the newbies get the hang of the various moderation tools, like sunbathe said.

Everyone has their own moderation style, which is in fact something that we encourage. We trust our mods, and know that they do a good job. Some of us "inactive" mods do more than you think behind the scenes, or different types of jobs. Ultimately, ideally, we wouldn't need a mod team. Just one or two admins for technical issues and that would be it. However, imps has always kept quite a large contingent of mods to cover a range of time zones and a range of availabilities. And in fact, when we promoted these new mods, we actually stepped down quite a few inactive mods. So the ones remaining ARE all active, just in different ways.

I HAVE THE ATTENTION SPAN OF A 6 YEAR OLD AND AM FAR TOO POMPOUS TO READ THAT, BUT FEEL FULLY QUALIFIED TO COMMENT ANYWAY EVEN THOUGH I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL THIS IS REALLY ABOUT. HERE'S MY RESPONSE THAT WON'T CONTRIBUTE TO THE THREAD.: If you have a problem with a mod, PM an admin. The mods are just doing their jobs.

EDIT: Oh, and regarding your poll? I agree we should update the rules. Again, something the mod team have discussed for a while. Again, part of why we have new mods who actually play the game.

Regarding the second part however, I'd rather the mods were "hindering" your use of the forums IF that use isn't the right kind of use. Mods help some users, hinder others. As long as you play by the rules, it'll be the first.

• Like 6

Fosss.png

Are you seriously comparing a misinformed accusatory person using a free forum to being a dying child? I am a mod because I have an investment in this community, not your ego. When you have genuine suggestions in terms of rule stipulations that you would like to be discussed, then this thread makes perfect sense and I'd go so far as to say that it can be healthy in terms of discourse. Those are things that we are actively looking at, internally, as a forum who has recently acquired new moderator staff and is working through the amalgamation of a bunch of new thoughts and ideas into an already existing set of rules. I appreciate that you don't know what we're discussing but the tonality of your thread and the way you've posted it 100% does not read as genuine concern and smacks more of someone who feels slighted and wants to attempt to call into question the integrity of the moderating team in a public and inflammatory way, instead of taking those suggestions directly to the mod team, for example.

However if you would like to make this a thread about how you are being treated terribly (you're not) I'm not here for that tomfoolery. And yes, I'm entitled to say that.

No, that would be a "comsumer".(CONSUMER) Sorry that was bugging me

The OP was not complaining about "being treated terribly" as you put it. The original complaint was about the out-dated rules on the market place section on the forum. By being in a position of power you have a responsibility to remain mature and respectful. By insulting other forum users and using childish language you are not setting a very good example for the other forum users to follow. Many other users of this forum have invested time into the community and are posting in a respectful manner, is it so much to ask that you do the same?

Back to the point at hand, I agree with many of the points ReaperSurm made regarding the current state of the market place forum. Putting an exact price is difficult when dealing buying items, or selling items that can vary in price quickly such as Dofus(s). The rules are too old for the current version of Dofus and need to be updated as soon as possible.

• Like 2

10zo5sh.jpg

Technically, according to the rules, you need a price (implying one) not a range. (whole reason of this post is to address inconsistencies such as this) I mentioned that when selling an item then generally speaking it's pretty logical to add a price (we agree on that at least). But when buying an item you don't know the stats of, e.g. An ap exo inky can vary from 40mk to 250mk, it basically becomes pointless to name an exact price until you see exactly what you're paying for.

[cut]

The reason for this was mainly to address inconsistency with the way imps has been enforcing their rules over the last 1-2 years, and update the rules written 7+ years ago so they are more consistent with the dofus updates and changes we've experianced.

Another acceptable option, regarding your inky example, is 'offering at least 40mk, more depending on stats' or something to that variation. This is useful to the seller because they know what the lowest end of the trade is going to be for them. And saying how much you may be willing to offer is also a matter of respect from you to the person you are potentially buying from.

There are inconsistencies with rules enforcement. Sometimes there has been none, such as in marketplace threads, which is unfortunate. Now it seems many are upset that there is now rules enforcement. That is ok, in my opinion. I would rather have people be upset rules are enforced than have people disappointed they are not.

The rules do, however, need an update, and we are working on it. (Slowly, because people have jobs and there are timezones and all that jazz.)

• Like 2

MD93GlO - Imgur.png

Side note: We ask for prices because we want the marketplace to also serve as a guide for people. We want people to be able to consult our marketplace and find prices for similar items so they can get a good idea of what things are worth. Yeah, we want it to be a place that benefits individuals, but we also love focusing on the community, and we want the marketplaces to be helpful to people as a whole, like a buyer's and seller's guide.

Also, what Fos said. And pretty much the rest of the mods, too. (I'm on my phone an cannot even try to add more to this conversation if I wanted to, but I don't really because I think everyone else has covered it.)

I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.

Level 12X Sram, God knows what else is going on now. 

Queen Bitch of Imps Village

Thank god these people finally are cleaning up =)!

I don't know every single moderator at this forum, but I have gotten to know quite a few over the years. 2 of the new ones made me \o/ irl as I know how well they'll help maintain this place. Sun and Ala <3.

OP (don't remember your name), you should have been here when Quiv and Rob was around. Such awesomeness and yet, you would have hated them so bad. Not your sense of humor! I believe you already met Garne.

With common sense you don't need strict rules and reminders every freaking time you post something. If you don't understand that we (the rest of the community) don't want spamming/insults and wrong information around this place, please keep playing in Astrub and avoid Impsvillage (not directed to you personally, but in general). I spot a thread with an unclear title containing 8 pages at the top of a sub forum. I open it and it's one freaking guy writing "bump!" all over the damn place. Not only that, he haven't even posted the stats of what he's selling, NOR a price.

This guy would at best get a warning. Abusive no, irritated yes. Ok, one topic like this isn't that bad but imagine 50 similar topics..

Update the rules so they get less to complain about.

Edited by youbutsu
  • Like 5

Summary:

* We have new mods who can help us update the Marketplace Guidelines. We will be looking into that, but, keep in mind, they are brand spankin' new and this stuff takes time. We are not Modbots. We are real people (SURPRISE!!!).

* The mods are apparently not "hindering" all that many people, according to those who voted (and I'd bet those who feel otherwise have done things that needed modding). Shocking, I know. We are going to keep on truckin'. Business as usual here, folks.

Closing this thread.

Edit: We have worked through your feedback and modernised our rules / guidelines:

http://impsvillage.com/forums/topic/145521-imps-village-rule-update-2015/

I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.

Level 12X Sram, God knows what else is going on now. 

Queen Bitch of Imps Village