Sign in to follow this  
Ultimate-Sensation

A beginners guide for Pandawas!

A Beginners Guide for Pandawa's Pint !

1f8ia0.png

jqgy78.png

INTRODUCTION

Pandawas, like hello pandas?

Remember to never say no to a panda (If someone gets this reference then they get 1 goodie point).

All jokes aside, Dofus wikia defines Pandawas as:

A "Sherpa warrior class"

who...

"Vary a lot from other classes. They have many unique spells and also offer a whole new style of play, which makes them tricky to play, so not a class for begineers. They do have several attack spells, at least two from each element, which means you can get a wide range of Pandawas."

Personally if you're reading this guide and you're completely new to DOFUS, then I'd suggest NOT MAKING a panda as your first character as they are one of the more "technical" classes around.

This is a little video showing you guys some of the things Pandawas can do.

What is this guide is going to cover?

Similar to Kikn's "A guide for Sacriers", this guide is going to cover the basic material beginners will need to know in terms of how Pandawas work, what their roles are, what sort of spells should be leveled up, what the spells do and what sort of viable builds are available for Pandawas in general.

Who is it aimed for?

This guide is going to be aimed at players who aren't familiar with how Pandawas work but are interested in knowing more about them in general.

A little bit about me

I've been playing DOFUS for a very long time to say the least (around October 2005). I was originally on Rushu but moved to Shika when the server was released and I made myself a Cra and eventually a Sacrier later on. The long experience I've had on DOFUS made me aware of many different builds in the game and urged me to create three different Pandawas (Ultimate-Camel, Ultimate-Panda and Ihaveno-Burka) for the fun of it. Those pandas are now level 130+ and needless to say I've had quite an experience using all three of them for different things in the game.

jqgy78.png

ROLES

2dhij52.png

According to www.dofus.com, Pandawas have three main roles, these are:

• Positioning: Being able to tactically move enemies around the map using Karcham (1 ap), Chamrak (1 ap), the Barrel (4 ap) and Terror (2 ap).
  • Damage: Since they have four different builds (Agility, Chance, Strength and Intelligence), Pandawas can basically deal damage in any element unlike classes which are limited to 3 elements for example (like Sadidas).
  • Preventing movement: Pandawas can use stablization on themselves and/or on their enemies/allies as well. This means the player with that effect on are in rooted state and cannot be pushed or pulled. You also have the spell "Vertigo" which requires the caster to have 3ap to use, you also need to carry a specific enemy and then cast the spell on the enemy when you're carrying him (more info on carrying/throwing below in the spells section). What this does is it basically makes an enemy lose hp every time they use up an mp and hence it can also be considered as one of the preventing movement tactics.

Their roles in PvM:

Most of the time when you PvM, You will notice a large number of Pandawas around. This is because Pandawas are one of the most useful classes in terms of PvM since they can not only do massive damage, but they can also play a massively important support role by vulning enemies, staining enemies (basically removing 1 turn of a specific character's duration of effects), carrying them and throwing them around the map. Combined with the Feca's glyphs, the rogue's bomb wall and the sram's traps, it isn't a shocker that Pandawas are useful in most PvM groups around the game.

Their roles in PvP:

Pandas also play the same exact roles in PvP as they do in PvM. However, you tend to see a lot less agility pandas around when it comes to things such as Kolossium and group pvps. This is due to the fact that agility pandas only have two spells and both of them are difficult to use when it comes to those sort of fights mainly because: Schnaps can only be casted diagonally and Alcholoic breath can only be casted on a straight line.

Most active --> Least active builds around

This is from personal experience on Shika, I just wanted to add this to give you a bit of an idea as to what builds you'd most likely see when it comes to PvM and PvP pandas (on Shika at least):

In PvM:

Strength -> Chance -> Intelligence -> Agility

or

Strengh -> Intelligence -> Chance -> Agility

In PvP:

Strength -> Intelligence -> Chance -> Agility

or

Intelligence -> Strength -> Chance -> Agility

jqgy78.png

SPELLS

Support Spells

• 2jeqtmt.pngDrunkenness aka Barrel (this is also the official class spell for Pandawas) : 4ap to summon, heals more as it is levelled more, attracts caster (if he.she is in drunk state), attracts enemies and if the Barrel is carried it heals around the carrier.

24fa8h0.gif

Note: enemies can get healed as well if they stand around you!

• 5am2cx.jpgBoozer: 1ap to use, gives the caster resistance for 4 turns (more resistance as it's levelled up), removes one mp from the caster and it's basically one of the most important spells on a panda because it puts you in the "drunk" state which allows you to do things such as vuln (remove someone else's resistance), do damage using specific spells , give yourself mp and more.
  • ve2eqa.png Terror: 2ap to use, 1-6 range depending on level (range is modifiable), it pushes back a player one cell and removes critical hits for 2-3 turns depending on the level, It can't be used when in drunk state.
  • ergxed.pngBamboo Milk: 1ap to use, can only be used on the caster, removes any effects and the "Drunk" state from the caster.
  • noacly.pngKarcham: 1ap to use, 1 cell range, carries the target and increases the carried allies's range (1-6 depending on level), can only be used one time per target and you can use it 3 times per turn.
  • 1q1mph.pngChamrak: 1ap to use, has a range of 1-6 depending on level, basically throws a carried ally or enemy away (this is basically used with Karcham)
  • 23r479.pngStabilization: 1ap to use, 0-6 range depending on level, 22-40 MP loss resistance depending on level, prevents the target from being moved and increases resistance to MP loss, in pvp and pvm this spell is used on an enemy when a panda is locked so that everyone else around him can dodge that specific character.
  • 9gk4ls.pngStain: 2ap to use, 1-2 range at all levels, reduces the duration of the target's effects by 1 turn and applies a damage penalty ( - power for a turn), the caster must be in drunk state to use this spell.
  • 29poqbk.pngVulnerability: 3 ap to use, 1-6 range depending on level (it's also modifiable), can only be casted in a straight line, reducses the target's resitance in all elements, caster must be in drunk state.
  • 2s664o4.pngZatoishwan's Wrath: 3ap to use, 0 range (can only be casted on yourself), turns you into drunk state (can't be used when you already have boozer on), gives you %power, % damage +ap for 3 turns depending on the spell's level

v3d1s2.gif

Zatoishwan's Wrath in action when it's level 1

• 2qv5vkm.pngPandiniuras: 2ap to use, 0-5 range depending on spell level (it's also has modifiable range), It inceases the target's MP, The drunk state is required (either by using boozer of zatoishwan's wraht before hand), it gives the target 3-4 mp for two turns depending on the spells level.
  • 27yc1o0.png Spirit Bond: 3ap to use, 1-4 range depending on the spell's level (it also has modifiable range), can only be casted in a straight line, Does not require line of sight, you need to be in the drunk state, Basically the caster summons a pandawasta, this wasta has a lot of resistance (at level 6 at least...), a lot of vit and it casts "Unlucky Bamboo" which gives enemies - lock (for a turn)

1z1s907.gif

How a wasta looks like and all of that fun stuff.

Always try to lock your enemies whenever you can!

Other spells you can consider getting

• 30x8tpj.png Release: 3ap to use, repels an enemey away from the caster to a specific number of cells depending on the spell's level.
  • 2rcn8qr.png Leek Pie: 2ap to use, 1-8 range depending on spell level, does fire damage and can be used 4 times per turn, 2 times on one target.
  • f8045.png Moon Hammer: 6ap to use, 4-7 range on all of the levels, deals pretty nice air damage, removes 1 range for 5 turns.
  • w9ekpz.png Prefidious Boomerang:5ap to use, has a 25% chance of dealing damage on any element and heals the caster half of that damage, has a 5-8 range.
  • 21mg0o6.png Cawwot: 4 ap to use, has 1-6 range depending on spell level, plants a cawwot on the ground, it has high vitality when it's level 6 and heals players when someone stands on the glyph of the cawwot, does not actually count as a summon suprisingly.
  • sq2uec.png Summoning of Arachenee: 4ap to use, summons an arachenee, it can be used to block Line of sights, not too useful for pandas, but it's still cool to have.
  • 21mg0o6.png Summoning of Chafer: 4ap to use, summons a chaferu, has a range of 2, it can be used to block line of sights as well, not too useful for pandas, but it's still cool to have.

jqgy78.png

SOFTCAPS AND BUILDS

30i9e9u.png

Pandawas have the same exact soft cap all around.

This basically makes them viable in all 4 elements.

1. Strength Build

5mjztf.png

One of the most powerful Pandawa builds around. It deals the highest damage with spells and has access to the most weapons.

You have two main spells as a Strength Pandawa, these are:

• ivetmx.pngPandatak: 4ap to use, has an area of effect (aoe) of a line of 3 cells, can be casted twice per turn, Inflicts Earth-type damage over several cells along a straight line, can't be in drunk state.

Pandatak's spell properties

2eo9pg6.png

Pandatak's characteristics

2ij3n1j.png

• 2e16k47.pngHangover: 3ap to use, 1-3 range through all spell levels (range is modifiable though), Inflicts Earth-Type damage. The caster must be in drunk state (you have to use Boozer or Zatoishwan's Wrath basically), can be casted 3 times per target.

Hangover's spell properties

2djt24m.png

Hangover's characteristics

21jw1v4.png

Always attempt to scroll your strength to 101 if you can afford it.

Pros:

• High damage.
  • Aoe damage when not in drunk state.
  • Good in terms of teams and solo.
  • One of the most effective builds in the game.
  • Pandawas in general have one of the best strength soft caps in the game.
  • High pods.

Cons:

• Can have potential range issues.

2. Intelligence Build

5mjztf.png

One of the most powerful Pandawa builds around aswell. Intelligence Pandawas are low AP fighters, they don't hit as much as their strength cousins however they make up for it with many options available, thanks to using a low amount of AP.

You have three main spells as an Intelligence Pandawa, these are:

• 8zp4e9.png Explosive Flask: 2ap to use, 2-4/2-5 range depending on level (range is modifiable though), has an aoe of a circle of 2 cells, can only be casted one time per turn, does high fire damage, can't be in the drunk state.

Explosive Flask properties

4qopxz.png

Explosive Flask characteristics

qx72bq.png

• 14ufe6d.png Vertigo: 3ap to use, 0 range, Inflicts fire-type damage on the carried target if it uses MP. Can only be cast when carrying a target (Use Karcham), only one cast per turn.

Vertigo's properties

161mkah.png

Vertigo's characteristics

2570qc0.png

• a57pev.png Blazing Fist: 3ap to use, 1-3 range (modifiable though), requires you to be in the drunk state and it inflicts fire-type damage, can be casted 3 times per target.

Blazing Fist's properties

6pxjxd.png

Blazing Fist's characteristics

2e1zlw4.png

Pros:

• Decent damage.
  • Low ap fighter.
  • Nice AoE attack.
  • Very effective due to having low ap cost spells (they can do more things per turn).
  • They can heal using a healing weapon.

Cons:

• Isn't as versatile as str builds when it comes to weapon selection.
  • Lower pods than strength characters.
  • Don't deal as much damage as strength characters.

3. Chance Build

14ecqyc.png

One of the more "difficult builds" to develop out there, Melancholy does a lot of damage and has a pretty nice range, so that's fun. You also tend to have a lot more prospecting by using this build.

You have two main spells as a Chance Pandawa, these are:

• 6t0ev4.png Melancholy: 4ap to use, has a range of 1-5 depending on level (modifiable range as well), Has an AoE of a straight line of 1 cell, you can cast the spell twice per turn, does high water damage, can't be in drunk state.

Melancholy's properties

2rojndl.png

Melancholy's characteristics

zlaj5e.png

• oh24py.png Tipple: 3ap to use, 2-6 range depending on the spell's level (also has modifiable range), can be casted twice per target and 3 times per turn, it does moderate water damage (not as high as melachony) but also does -5-12 ap reduction depending on level, has no aoe, requires you to be in the "drunk" state.

Tipple's properties

2s6jwps.png

Tipple's characteristics

2dqojft.png

Pros:

• Decent damage.
  • Nice AoE attack.
  • Has one of the best soft caps in the game.
  • Chance Items are not as expensive as int/strength items in general.
  • Works well in PvP mainly due to -ap reduction.

Cons:

• Isn't as versatile as str builds/int builds when it comes to weapon selection.
  • Don't deal as much damage as strength characters.
  • You need to be level 54 to get your first chance spell.
  • Does less damage compared to int/str since tipple can only be casted twice on a target and not three times

4. Agility Build

20t5uyo.png

Agility Pandawas are the most difficult ones to develop out of all four Pandawa elements. It's a more tactical build if anything since Alcholoic Breath has moderate damage, but does knockdamage while Schnaps is diagonal and Alcoholic Breath is linear which gives Pandawas a disadvantage in some situations. It relies up a mixture of several drunk spells.

Lets take a more in depth look at Alcoholic Breath and Schnaps:

• 11qjzp2.png Alcoholic Breath: 3ap, 1-8 range depending on spell level (has modifiable range as well), casted in a straight line only, does moderate air type damage and pushes the enemy 1 cell backwards, 2 casts per target, requires you to be in the "Drunk" state.

Alcoholic Breath's properties:

4v1t03.png

Alcoholic Breath's characteristics:

2cofsbo.png

• 30lkmyu.png Schnaps: 4ap to use, 2-6 range depending on level, has an AoE of a cross of 1 cell, can be casted twice per turn, does moderate air type damage as well, can only be casted diagonally, can't be used when in drunk state.

Schnap's properties:

2qwmvk3.png

Schnap's characteristics:

13ygzfn.png

Pros:

• Decent damage.
  • Has one of the best soft caps in the game.
  • Has high critical hits.
  • Interesting build to develop

Cons:

• Isn't as versatile as str builds/int builds when it comes to weapon selection.
  • Don't deal as much damage as strength/intelligence/chance characters.
  • Difficult to use since you can only do damage diagonally and in straight lines.

jqgy78.png

TACTICS

• Make sure you always try to lock your enemies using your wasta.
  • Remember you don't need to have a line of sight to throw an enemy behind an object, use that to your advantage.
  • Always try to end with Boozer on so that you have more % resistance at the end of each turn.
  • If you wear the Pandawa class boots then you can -vuln enemies without having a los on them. Use that to your advantage!

jqgy78.png

PANDAWA CLASS SET

The Pandawa class set, also known as the "Alcoholic Set" provides set items without any stat bonuses (with the exception of the boot, which gives +1mp). The set provides special bonuses to the rethe er relevant classes spells, such as removing the need for Line of Sights or Linear constrictions.

Particularly, the class set is used as a full support build on Pandawas.

Specific item stats

2mq0tag.png

Set bonus

alj2q9.png

Complete set bonus

2exyb29.png

jqgy78.png

ADVICE

Practice makes perfect, Pandas are by far one of the most difficult classes to play in the game. If you see yourself struggling and not knowing what to do during your turns, then I would suggest you look at a couple of YouTube videos of other Pandawas. Remember to play around with your panda, try out different builds and most importantly, choose a build that you're comfortable with. Don't pick something because your best friend forever told you to pick it.

jqgy78.png

OTHER LINKS THAT CAN HELP

Pure elemental builds

Hybird elemental builds

If you're new to pandawas then I suggest you get used to the pure elemental builds first. I didn't really talk about Hybird builds since this guide is aimed at newbies. Either way, here are a couple of links if you're interested:

Edited by Ultimate-Sensation
  • Like 2

Don't forget to mention Vertigo in the preventing movement section!

• Like 2

Don't forget to mention Vertigo in the preventing movement section!

Thanks Brock!

Also guys, I've been working on this for a couple of hours today, I'll finish it off tomorrow because I have work that needs to be done now. :'] - I wasn't really expecting it to take this long

Least active ----> Most active builds around

This is from personal experience on Shika, I just wanted to add this to give you a bit of an idea as to what builds you'd most likely see when it comes to PvM and PvP pandas.

In PvM:

Strength -> Chance -> Intelligence -> Agility

or

Strengh -> Intelligence -> Chance -> Agility

In PvP:

Strength -> Intelligence -> Chance -> Agility

or

Intelligence -> Strength -> Chance -> Agility

Right so, first of all you got that all wrong, just saying.

Secondly you missed a lot of stuff off about pandas in general, but okay. (I'm guessing you'll add it all tomorrow, if not RIP guide for pandas)

Edited by Sacriers-foot
  • Like 1

Secondly you missed a lot of stuff off about pandas in general, but okay. (I'm guessing you'll add it all tomorrow, if not RIP guide for pandas)

can you not read correctly? he clearly states not once, not twice, but three times that it's delayed and he'll finish it tomorrow.

• Like 2

can you not read correctly? he clearly states not once, not twice, but three times that it's delayed and he'll finish it tomorrow.

Can you not read? that'd be why I said , and I quote, " (I'm guessing you'll add it all tomorrow, if not RIP guide for pandas)"

Can you not read? that'd be why I said , and I quote, " (I'm guessing you'll add it all tomorrow, if not RIP guide for pandas)"

no i can, i just don't understand why you have to add such an unnecessary comment when he's taking time out of his day to make this :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Because it's saif and he's never really played a panda, I really think that someone else with actual experience and knowledge on the class should be making the guides, Robs guide is really good purely because he has the experience of the class and knows how it works with all the different elements, saif was literally asking how stuff worked on a panda a couple of days ago to help him make the guide, if he's not aware of these things himself and can't answer people's questions when they ask him, which I doubt he'll be able to, but hey he might surprise me , then he really shouldn't be making a guide for a class he has next to no experience on.

After all this is only my opinion take it how you will disagree with you how you want, but this is how I see it.

That's why he's posting it here, so people who do play pandas can give their opinions and input into it (refer to my post about vertigo above), a guide with many opinions is alot more helpful than one with a single persons thoughts, this includes constructive criticism.

Besides that, it IS titled "a beginners guide", I don't know about you but the word beginner makes me think of inexperience and the more complex maneuvers that pandas can pull off do not fit that category.

Edited by Karalee
  • Like 2

Because it's saif and he's never really played a panda, I really think that someone else with actual experience and knowledge on the class should be making the guides, Robs guide is really good purely because he has the experience of the class and knows how it works with all the different elements, saif was literally asking how stuff worked on a panda a couple of days ago to help him make the guide, if he's not aware of these things himself and can't answer people's questions when they ask him, which I doubt he'll be able to, but hey he might surprise me , then he really shouldn't be making a guide for a class he has next to no experience on.

After all this is only my opinion take it how you will disagree with you how you want, but this is how I see it.

I really have no idea what's been up with you lately complaining about every single thing that I post or do...

All of these replies are a matter of "How dare you make this guide?!?!!?!?, you don't even know how to use a panda" more than anything.

I'm sorry John, I never knew you actually knew more about me than I knew about myself lmao.

1.) "Because it's saif and he's never really played a panda, I really think that someone else with actual experience and knowledge on the class should be making the guides"

I already stated I own three pandas of my own that are used to this day, so yes I did play a panda and remember John you've only known me for about a year. You literally have no idea what characters I've been using before you knew me (as much as you'd think I've been using my sacrier all of this time, that is not true). I've had experience with other Pandas such as Slifka's Panda and Mortyr's panda (two very good friends of mine who you probably don't know about) who were both level 195+.

2.) "Robs guide is really good purely because he has the experience of the class and knows how it works with all the different elements"

So do I :) .

As I told you in game, no one is forcing you or anybody else to look at this guide. It's a forum, anyone is free to put up any guide that they like, it doesn't mean that if some "pandawa expert" wants to make a guide then he can't. He's as free as the bird to make his own guide if he wishes.

3.) "Saif was literally asking how stuff worked on a panda a couple of days ago to help him make the guide, if he's not aware of these things himself and can't answer people's questions when they ask him"

Dude, you showed up at Astrub zaap for about an hour yesterday and saw me double checking with Pandizzle what the pandawa summon uses in terms of spells (I just wanted to double check that they use Explosive flask and Melancholy) that was literally the only question I asked regarding pandas, so please don't put words in my mouth lol..

4.) "Then he really shouldn't be making a guide for a class he has next to no experience on."

This is a forum, anybody is free to make a guide on whatever they like regardless of their experience. (Even though I've had more than enough experience testing out all 4 builds on the pandas)

If my guide is really bothering you John (although i've stated more than once that this guide is aimed at complete newbies when it comes to the class), then you should definitely make your own guide and let everyone on IV see how pro you are when it comes to Pandawas.

• Like 3

Well I'm done with the guide for now, I'll proof read it and all of that fun stuff tomorrow.

I hope this helps, special thanks to Coopers for suggesting to add the class set and Karlee for helping me out with a couple of mistakes in the op. :D

why no vit build?

• Like 1

Saif, nice guide looks pretty ;P #Justscrolledandsawthetables Na im kidding good beginner guide

• Like 1

Why vit if pandas have amazing softcaps and boozer gives huge resistances?

plz scroll up and read kodakodakodanubkodakoda post

plz scroll up and read kodakodakodanubkodakoda post

? What koda posted was why he didn't add a vit build to the guide. What nume asked was why would you go vit when you get huge resistances from boozer and have those sexy soft caps on all stats (aka increasing damage of spells).

To which I say, because most people that use pandas in pvm just seem to vuln spam / map manipulate every turn. -_- Unless they're a solo panda. But either way, if your panda is rarely attacking, why not be some tanky thing so you can be more aggressive / safe at the same time.

Only pandas I really see attacking are people that solo/duo account or have multiple pandas. But I don't play with many other people :)

Oh PS. Nice guide :D but why no vit build? (jk)

Edited by VcentG
  • Like 2

Nice work! I don't know if I would use pods as a positive or negative for builds. Unless my panda is 100% dedicated to resource gathering it's going to make no impact in my choice of build.

• Like 2

words

As it clearly wasn't obvious enough, I was just trying to wind up saif

Very well done guide , very helpfull and I'm ready to start a panda now. Thank you!

• Like 1