• Banana
  • Imps Green
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Kameghan

The dofus fashionista is online

@Kameghan @Japahn @Jon

Seeing as Dofusplanner is kept up to date with Ankama’s frequent set/equipment changes with every little update and Dofusfashionista is riddled with Kama selling ads to somehow finance hosting - which lead to Ankama blocking links to the website at all - maybe it would be a good idea to merge Dofusfashionista into Dofusplanner.

Benefits:

- Dofusfashionista’s tool could use Dofusplanner’s equipment database and therefore make better and more accurate set suggestions

- No need for dubious and ToS breaking ads that everyone is complaining about

- A new feature in Dofusplanner means more people gonna check it out

- Dofusfashionista team can support @Jon and his team with maintaining the database and maybe developing even new features

- “The Twelvians Guide to Equipments” Inc. could be the new team’s name in the future with all kinds of new features

- Seriously, no more Kama selling ads, better set suggestions and all on one really great and efficiently maintained website

Just an idea. I want 10% revenue shares when this all works out, I’m not greedy. ??

• Like 3

Dofusfashionista makes a lot of money selling kama site ads, it's seriously good money for them. Dofusplanner did it for a short while then izmar warned jon that there would be no further promotion of the site by Ankama and it'll go on the sketchy site block if they don't remove them within the week.

Dofusfashionista made a conscious decision to allow kama site ads and they'll be one of the few fansites that probably make alright money instead of lose it.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Jon isn't gonna put in effort to "merge" or even link the two, because clearly the fashionista dev doesn't really care about the game, just his site generating money. 

(Also who uses dofusfashionista lmao)

12 hours ago, bobeur said:

(Also who uses dofusfashionista lmao)

it's useful as a starting point imho

If I have no idea wtf I'm doing, I'll go there first, make a set and tune it and then put it in Planner and optimize it and change everything.

Edited by Sommanker

11 hours ago, Sommanker said:

...and then put it in Planner and optimize it and change everything.

Exactly, you might as well just start with planner. The overview in planner is so useful. You can basically compare all the available gear for that slot with your own eyes, and pick whatever you need for your set. Fashionista will pick an item for you (I saw some really retarded end game sets with normal demands), making you possibly forget about other, better items. Hence you use planner to optimize and change to do it yourself.