• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Ankama Brown
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Sommanker

Option to add notification whenever anyone posts in a thread you already posted in/liked a post in/are following

See title.

At the moment, as far as i can find, there are only options to notify for new threads/people who quote you/like you.

I would find an option to notify of any new post in any thread you have had anything to do with (see title).

I have no idea if anyone else would use it/find it helpful but i know i would.

Uh, dunno what else to say.

Unless i've missed something and this is already possible. Again.

Edited by sommanker

Lvl 200 (Omega 40ish?) osa.  Guild: Sunrising (probably relatively temporary?) -I'm currently inactive. - Alliance: Idk, but usually ends up being CYGNI/Cygnus. With lv 140 rogue as an alt (I have others but all are sub 100 and never used). On Echo (was Shika).

Also a lv 8x Iop and 5x Feca on Wakfu, member of Storm Troopers on Remington (if it still exists, haven't checked in a while)  I have finally been kicked!

Add me on steam (Sommanker) and Battle.net (Sommanker#2834) and Discord (Sommanker#1592). I play a multitude of other games.

FLhuxC8.jpgDhwkDaX.png

Latest sig update: 31/12/18 or 12/31/18 if you're an american.

technically they have that in a way, whenever there are new posts the folder on the left of the subforum turns a darker colour..

like : t3Otqm7.png where the top two have new posts and the bottom two dont. (reading them obviously grays the folder out)

...Is that what you were asking for..? Or are you specifically asking for like an extra notification for those special instances you mentioned?

Edited by Karalee

c45f8fe51361533431143e9664612f6a.png8a5c8a68cf3be52e05d2d9d839d7aa6c.png

technically they have that in a way, whenever there are new posts the folder on the left of the subforum turns a darker colour..

like : t3Otqm7.png where the top two have new posts and the bottom two dont. (reading them obviously grays the folder out)

...Is that what you were asking for..? Or are you specifically asking for like an extra notification for those special instances you mentioned?

I am specifically asking for an extra notification.

If it is the latest post in a section i'm fine i can see it straight away, otherwise having to go to each section of the forum to check if anyone has said anything new in a thread im interested in gets annoying.

Eg. I currently have to go into town square, out again, into suggestion box, out again, into wakformatory, out again, into club wakfu, out again, into general discussion, out again, into fun and games, out again, into shika war room, out again, into airport, out again, into informatory, out again.

Just to check if anyone has said anything i have missed.

Would be easier if it told me straight away if anything has changed in a thread i have displayed interest in, instead of going through everything usually to find nothing has been said anyway.

Edited by sommanker

Lvl 200 (Omega 40ish?) osa.  Guild: Sunrising (probably relatively temporary?) -I'm currently inactive. - Alliance: Idk, but usually ends up being CYGNI/Cygnus. With lv 140 rogue as an alt (I have others but all are sub 100 and never used). On Echo (was Shika).

Also a lv 8x Iop and 5x Feca on Wakfu, member of Storm Troopers on Remington (if it still exists, haven't checked in a while)  I have finally been kicked!

Add me on steam (Sommanker) and Battle.net (Sommanker#2834) and Discord (Sommanker#1592). I play a multitude of other games.

FLhuxC8.jpgDhwkDaX.png

I am not 100% sure having never done it myself, but I think if you click "Follow This Topic" you get exactly what you are asking for:

ymuUkxf.png?1

I could be wrong though!

9f8WZrz.png

You are wrong.

Proven since i was following this topic and i didn't get notified about your post :P

FLhuxC8.jpgDhwkDaX.png

You can get an email notification somehow. Can't remember how I did it but I get one for a couple of threads. Probably was through the follow topic option though.

I get e-mail notifications for new topics (but i just turned that off cos' i was getting hundereds)

I want it in the on-website notification thing anyway because i check my emails daily and i refresh imps every few mins.

FLhuxC8.jpgDhwkDaX.png

Click the button on the top left of the page next to your avatar

Click My Settings in the menu that pops up

Click the Notification Options tab on the left

Check appropriate boxes in the column under Notification List

:sadi:200 Happida |:fog: 200 Pirate-Bay | :hupper: 200 Fu-rinkazan| :rogue: What-Happen

? Arches | ? dofustreasure.net | dofusportal.net | dofusidols.info

It doesn't work :/

Notificaionlist_zps6f6635b0.png

EDIT: I have always had my notifications set like this

Edited by sommanker

FLhuxC8.jpgDhwkDaX.png

Well checking "Auto follow topics I reply to" and the box under "Notification List" for "Notification method to use for replies to followed topics" should be enough to do what you want. If not, it looks like a bug. Let me see if I get a notification when you reply again...

:sadi:200 Happida |:fog: 200 Pirate-Bay | :hupper: 200 Fu-rinkazan| :rogue: What-Happen

? Arches | ? dofustreasure.net | dofusportal.net | dofusidols.info

Ì have already done this and it doesn't work, you see; which is why i posted this thread - but okay, lets see if it is a bug, did you get a notification for this?

EDIT: O_o bug fixed? I just got a notification for someone replying to a thread i'd followed.

EDIT: Okay, i did not change any of my settings i swear but i am now getting notifications for when people reply to a thread im following.

Scrap this thread then :P

EDIT: Only appears to work with some threads. I'm not getting notifications for some but i am for others... (Yes i am following them)

Edited by sommanker

FLhuxC8.jpgDhwkDaX.png

Okay, i dunno if this is intentional or bugged but:

I follow a thread

I receive notifactions for an amount of time (2 days - 2weeks so far)

I stop receiving notifications, despite still following it and it still being posted to

I have to un-follow and re-follow (annoying) for it to start again

FLhuxC8.jpgDhwkDaX.png

Okay, i dunno if this is intentional or bugged but:

I follow a thread

I receive notifactions for an amount of time (2 days - 2weeks so far)

I stop receiving notifications, despite still following it and it still being posted to

I have to un-follow and re-follow (annoying) for it to start again

You may be required to post within the thread... I find myself getting a good 20-50 notifications a day though

Мэякатоя: Level 200 Str Sram- Nidas: Level 200 Int Eni

Bworker: Level 200 Str/Int Iop -   Fraktal - Level 165 Stromni Xelol

Tanukoui-San: Level 200 Cha/Int Panda - Koolich: Level 200 Cha/int Enu

Toxoliath: Level 200 Str/Agi Sram - Daggero: Level 200 Omni Eca

You may be required to post within the thread... I find myself getting a good 20-50 notifications a day though

Posting thread auto-follows it but you can manual follow it too, by pressing follow this thread button.

EDIT: It is completely random i have noticed now, eg. I didn't receive notifications for a thread i was following for a day, and then i started getting notifications for it again two days later, without having re-followed or posting.

It also seems to happen in random threads too.

Edited by sommanker

FLhuxC8.jpgDhwkDaX.png

I have followed them anyway, but also get notifications for replies to my posts too - Not sure if i get them after a period of not posting in the thread though

Мэякатоя: Level 200 Str Sram- Nidas: Level 200 Int Eni

Bworker: Level 200 Str/Int Iop -   Fraktal - Level 165 Stromni Xelol

Tanukoui-San: Level 200 Cha/Int Panda - Koolich: Level 200 Cha/int Enu

Toxoliath: Level 200 Str/Agi Sram - Daggero: Level 200 Omni Eca