• Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Gatsby

New Mimi!

I was thinking today I've always enjoyed the way pets look and the animations your character does with pets, but I feel like mounts offer better stats.

Now you may feel the opposite.

How cool would it be to be able to mimi pets? Say you get a mount and use a mimi with it and a piwin and then you get the pet animation and the piwin, but you're still using a mount.

It would work just like any other mimisymbic, but it would be a pet version.

Pet MIMIS! I'm sure some of you will find flaws with this, but thats the point of me putting it up so I can get some constructive criticism.

I know exactly what you mean BUT it would be too easy. I would use the same concept of the mimi right now and transmog used in World of Warcraft. In other words, there would be achivs with different designs of different body parts (mount of course) as a reward, and there would be many achivs, some easier for more plain looking design and some hardcore level achivs that would give your mount better looks. Of course these achivs would be obtainable with only one char ( so not only people with 5000 chars would have those epics ). So then after obtaining the best looking parts you'd use mimi for each part and customize your mounts looks.

For example: Getting a scar on his eye/face, some devil looking wings, some cool looking armor on his legs, etc.

I know exactly what you mean BUT it would be too easy. I would use the same concept of the mimi right now and transmog used in World of Warcraft. In other words, there would be achivs with different designs of different body parts (mount of course) as a reward, and there would be many achivs, some easier for more plain looking design and some hardcore level achivs that would give your mount better looks. Of course these achivs would be obtainable with only one char ( so not only people with 5000 chars would have those epics ). So then after obtaining the best looking parts you'd use mimi for each part and customize your mounts looks.

For example: Getting a scar on his eye/face, some devil looking wings, some cool looking armor on his legs, etc.

That would be much better.

I'm personally just a fan of animations of spells when using pets cause mounts its all the same you throw your arm, but different mount looks would be a nice personal flare.

That would be much better.

I'm personally just a fan of animations of spells when using pets cause mounts its all the same you throw your arm, but different mount looks would be a nice personal flare.

agreed

its funny how I was talking to a friend about pet mimis, but I was thinking more Pet to pet, not mount to pet, Like I recently got pink dragoone mimis and I'd love it to have like maybe a red piwin as my pet but mimi'd as pink dragoone, but I don't think mount to pet would look right imo, I don't know, but yeah.. Pet mimis would be awesome.

Or instead of pet mimi an option to display mounts as baby-mounts who follow you like normal pets do (removes chamo effect though, so that people need to choose between having a chamo or having the fight animations. And maybe some other restriction... only lvl 100 mounts can be displayed like that, maybe?).

• Like 3

I was thinking more Pet to pet, not mount to pet,

as awesome as this would be, mount to pet/petmount would be a hellish nightmare for the developers imo. because these 3 type of "pets" have different mechanics (i.e. you need to visit a shed to mount/unmount but not for a pet). but maybe i'm wrong and it's easier than i am thinking. either way, i'd love to get rid of the giant mount and replace it with a small pet.

pet to pet seems useless to me :/

as awesome as this would be, mount to pet/petmount would be a hellish nightmare for the developers imo. because these 3 type of "pets" have different mechanics (i.e. you need to visit a shed to mount/unmount but not for a pet). but maybe i'm wrong and it's easier than i am thinking. either way, i'd love to get rid of the giant mount and replace it with a small pet.

pet to pet seems useless to me :/

It's considerably easier than you're thinking, they wouldn't actually have to change the entire mount algorithms to those of pets, just the appearance.

• Like 1

If this were to happen, wouldn't rare pets cost even crazier?

If this were to happen, wouldn't rare pets cost even crazier?

Which rare pets? Not many pets left that are too rare.

Which rare pets? Not many pets left that are too rare.

Rushu's shushu for one. There's also plop and the wabbit. But I suppose there aren't many rare pets left.