Why are people so insensitive ?

He said his definition of value is quantified more than mine, I dont value everyone the same. In fact maybe we all think the same, we all value ourselves more than any other person but I'm honnest to myself, I accept it while you guys act different because you dont accept your nature. You find excuses such as emotions to pretend you dont "only" care about your own. you're Human and as I know, Human is selfish. It's impossible to be sad for another person without being part of that sadness. For example those who cry for their lost parents, they cry only and only because they are lost, they want somebody to do things for them and not because they did care about them. Anything you do, you do it for you so dont bring that "feeling" thing when you need to manipulate some weak minds.

My quote was taken word for word from the OP's (UltimateSensation's) topic. I did not use actual quotes because I was trying to answer his question without *attacking.* It wasn't directed at you for any particular reason, I'm not saying that every life is equal. I am not saying I would not kill someone to protect, say a friend. I am not in the position to help everyone who is suffering. I help those I can, and do not even worry about those who I cannot. I have no desire to suffer for something I can't help.

Everyone is not the same as you, and the point of the last dozen posts is to explain why other people have a different view than yours. It is not trying to change your views, or how you feel but instead to help explain to those interested why other people would think differently. It is possible to understand something without believing, agreeing, or even caring.

• Like 1
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You are young. You still try understand why other people act the way they do , talk the way they do , do the things they do.Its all confusing. You must wonder why exactly they don't do the same things

haha, I actually never even got as far as making out with her. I don't think there is such a thing as "true love", but I did legitimately love her. She's the only person who I wanted to make happy mor

Just saying, I felt like crying just looking at the amount of mistakes in the previous post. :( Guess i must be 'weaks' cause that's who emotions belong to, apparently. :P Best way to recover from t

I'll go on record saying I'd take an insensitive person over someone who was over sensitive any day of the week x1000.

Also if we're going to talk about society, selfishness, etc. Lets realize here that their are 2 very different types of selfishness. There is the Ayn Rand-Objectivism-selfish and then there is Scar-from-The Lion King-selfish.

Carry on.

Edited by Concept

Eratz

Title Fight- Pandawa
Ak-Fortyseven- Sacrier
Ar-Fifteen- Xelor

Like seriously is humanity that fucking retarded now that they make jokes about people dying?

Pretty much this.

I agree with most of your post. How will humanity perish? Caused by our selfs. We are the dumbest and most uncivilized creatures on this planet.

Edited by youbutsu
  • Like 2

Pretty much this.

I agree with most of your post. How will humanity perish? Caused by our selfs. We are the dumbest and most uncivilized creatures on this planet.

civilized is a term that matches with Human only

civilized is a term that matches with Human only

I disagree.

• Like 1

Darnez - 199 Chance Xelor

Smacko - 199 Element Confused Masq

Member of Emeute

(Still reppin Sexy Time on Rosal. Sexy TIme is the best time.)

I disagree.

It is almost amusing that you bother to state your opinion, and then not defend it with any facts or details.

civ·i·lize
ˈsivəˌlīz/
verb
past tense: civilized; past participle: civilized
  1. 1.
    bring (a place or people) to a stage of social, cultural, and moral development considered to be more advanced.

Are humans not "considered" more advanced? Considered is a term used for a human to describe something. Humans might not be more social, cultural, or morally advanced in reality. However, they certainly are "considered" so.

The "uncivilized beasts" of native americans are still considered to have been human and they survived for thousands of years without destroying their habitat. The search for improvement and knowledge is arguably causing our 'downfall.' Global warming is caused by machines, populated areas and overpopulation is caused by the ability to transportation of resources such as food. This is quite a pessimistic view though. C'mon, perhaps we will advance and fix everything.

• Like 1

It is almost amusing that you bother to state your opinion, and then not defend it with any facts or details.

civ·i·lize
ˈsivəˌlīz/
verb
past tense: civilized; past participle: civilized
  1. 1.
    bring (a place or people) to a stage of social, cultural, and moral development considered to be more advanced.

Are humans not "considered" more advanced? Considered is a term used for a human to describe something. Humans might not be more social, cultural, or morally advanced in reality. However, they certainly are "considered" so.

The "uncivilized beasts" of native americans are still considered to have been human and they survived for thousands of years without destroying their habitat. The search for improvement and knowledge is arguably causing our 'downfall.' Global warming is caused by machines, populated areas and overpopulation is caused by the ability to transportation of resources such as food. This is quite a pessimistic view though. C'mon, perhaps we will advance and fix everything.

(Since we are using dictionaries the word was "Civilized". Not Civilize)
Civ·i·lized [siv-uh-lahyzd] Show IPA
adjective
having an advanced or humane culture, society, etc.
polite; well-bred; refined.
of or pertaining to civilized people: The civilized world must fight ignorance.
easy to manage or control; well organized or ordered: The car is quiet and civilized, even in sharp turns.
"Are humans not "considered" more advanced?". Than what? Ants? Yeah I guess. But couldn't you say Ants are more advanced than some other type of insect/animal? Can animals not have a more advanced culture than other animals? Why are they only compared to humans? It is great that you can take the first definition that pops up on google and try to use it just to disagree with me. Without putting seemingly any thought into it. Even in fact I may be wrong. I thought past the first definition, thought a little deeper into it. Is it not possible for a dog to be polite (I guess by definition polite is an awkward term to label a dog for us humans though) Or refined?
(Or going by Civilize)
civ·i·lize [siv-uh-lahyz] Show IPA ,
verb (used with object), civ·i·lized, civ·i·liz·ing.
to bring out of a savage, uneducated, or rude state; make civil; elevate in social and private life;enlighten; refine:
Reading this definition I don't see why it ONLY has to apply to humans, apart from "Make Civil".
Edited by Zenrad
  • Like 2

Member of Emeute

I just don't give a shit about everyone except for my close family. I hate everyone so it won't make a difference to me if someone has died only because there's just simply too many people dying everyday.

We can still be "friends" but I still hate you.

Emotions are for the weaks. You know you didnt love her, it was only for sexe (dont say it was a true love cause you'd be together righ now). Crying cause your lost your sexe toy? that's little...

4776529%20_7d9d685c0005772d50c979f7aaabd

bcIKtzE.pngproud grandmother to two beautiful children! i love corresponding to my siblings and friends on the internet and getting cheap deals on ebay. a good trick is to serch for things that people spells wrong! if you are looking for "nice chairs" you can search for "nice chiars" and you can get a bargain.

if you cant handle me at my worst then you dont deserve me at my best!

instead of posting stupid pictures that contribute nothing to this dumbass thread how about just locking it? It hasn't gone anywhere where

Garne is so mean pls ding dong bannu

• Like 1

bcIKtzE.pngproud grandmother to two beautiful children! i love corresponding to my siblings and friends on the internet and getting cheap deals on ebay. a good trick is to serch for things that people spells wrong! if you are looking for "nice chairs" you can search for "nice chiars" and you can get a bargain.

if you cant handle me at my worst then you dont deserve me at my best!

(Since we are using dictionaries the word was "Civilized". Not Civilize)
Civ·i·lized [siv-uh-lahyzd] Show IPA
adjective
having an advanced or humane culture, society, etc.
polite; well-bred; refined.
of or pertaining to civilized people: The civilized world must fight ignorance.
easy to manage or control; well organized or ordered: The car is quiet and civilized, even in sharp turns.
"Are humans not "considered" more advanced?". Than what? Ants? Yeah I guess. But couldn't you say Ants are more advanced than some other type of insect/animal? Can animals not have a more advanced culture than other animals? Why are they only compared to humans? It is great that you can take the first definition that pops up on google and try to use it just to disagree with me. Without putting seemingly any thought into it. Even in fact I may be wrong. I thought past the first definition, thought a little deeper into it. Is it not possible for a dog to be polite (I guess by definition polite is an awkward term to label a dog for us humans though) Or refined?
(Or going by Civilize)
civ·i·lize [siv-uh-lahyz] Show IPA ,
verb (used with object), civ·i·lized, civ·i·liz·ing.
to bring out of a savage, uneducated, or rude state; make civil; elevate in social and private life;enlighten; refine:
Reading this definition I don't see why it ONLY has to apply to humans, apart from "Make Civil".

Past tense: civilized. I didn't realize the definition changes when you use the past tense. Plus you'll realize the definition wording used is different depending on which dictionary you use. Feel free to pick whichever definition fits what you think best and use it. I never even said I even disagreed with you, all I said that using two words to state your disagreement won't go anywhere.

Feel free to ignore my quotation marks. When the "barbarian indians" were "freed from their animalistic state," they were considered civilized. I don't say this word is used for humans only, I say it's used when a stronger, and more powerful group takes over another group because they believe that their way of life is inferior and they need to be saved. (Let me spell it out : considered more advanced..... than other humans.)

Now let's use this term to describe "civil" which is probably the actual word which you're trying to think of. I got this term from the fact that you are talking about the current state of being of say, an animal. Humans in a first world with modern medicine, their cars and their nice fancy houses with running water. These people are considered normal, and "civil." People in a third world country may "need our help," or "need to have christianity brought to save them," but they are still considered normal "civil" people as long as they don't do anything barbaric like have human sacrifices or eat their family after they die to take a part of them into themselves.

So yes. A dog or an animal can be "civil." It is a civil dog that obeys its civil owners and lives a civil life.

Humans consider themselves superior because they are able to step on and kill anything that is inferior. They are no outsmarted by animals, and they are not threatened by animals while they live in their safe houses with their easy to obtain resources. Obviously this would be an ego bloat and is why humans think of themselves as superior. There is also an ego bloat from being part of something. Highschools thnk they're the best, town's think they're the best, and more than one football team considers themselves "the best."

You will find that animals are only compared to humans in the subjects you look at. Animals are compared to other animals, and they are researched and studied. I suggest you try using google to answer your questions. You only cripple yourself by assuming others haven't thought about the subject.

Oh god please tell me that this was intentional

Past tense: civilized. I didn't realize the definition changes when you use the past tense. Plus you'll realize the definition wording used is different depending on which dictionary you use. Feel free to pick whichever definition fits what you think best and use it. I never even said I even disagreed with you, all I said that using two words to state your disagreement won't go anywhere.

Feel free to ignore my quotation marks. When the "barbarian indians" were "freed from their animalistic state," they were considered civilized. I don't say this word is used for humans only, I say it's used when a stronger, and more powerful group takes over another group because they believe that their way of life is inferior and they need to be saved. (Let me spell it out : considered more advanced..... than other humans.)

Now let's use this term to describe "civil" which is probably the actual word which you're trying to think of. I got this term from the fact that you are talking about the current state of being of say, an animal. Humans in a first world with modern medicine, their cars and their nice fancy houses with running water. These people are considered normal, and "civil." People in a third world country may "need our help," or "need to have christianity brought to save them," but they are still considered normal "civil" people as long as they don't do anything barbaric like have human sacrifices or eat their family after they die to take a part of them into themselves.

So yes. A dog or an animal can be "civil." It is a civil dog that obeys its civil owners and lives a civil life.

Humans consider themselves superior because they are able to step on and kill anything that is inferior. They are no outsmarted by animals, and they are not threatened by animals while they live in their safe houses with their easy to obtain resources. Obviously this would be an ego bloat and is why humans think of themselves as superior. There is also an ego bloat from being part of something. Highschools thnk they're the best, town's think they're the best, and more than one football team considers themselves "the best."

You will find that animals are only compared to humans in the subjects you look at. Animals are compared to other animals, and they are researched and studied. I suggest you try using google to answer your questions. You only cripple yourself by assuming others haven't thought about the subject.

Oh Okay.

Member of Emeute