• Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Ankama Brown
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Ultimate-Sensation

Why are people so insensitive ?

People die on a daily basis. It's a normal process in the way of "life" that we'll all have to deal with at some point or another. But something that really pisses me off is how people can be such genuine dicks about people dying in general.

For example:

Imagine if a plane were to crash and 200 lives were to perish. As a person who has emotions I'd be like "My thoughts and prayers are with all of the people who were on that plane and their family members. May they RIP" while you'd see other people going like "Look at this, 200 people dying and the entire world gives a shit, yet when people are dying from wars/starvation no one gives a shit". If that wasn't bad enough then you'll also have those random trolls who make jokes about death and would say things along the lines of "Hahaha, they're sleeping now".

Like seriously is humanity that fucking retarded now that they make jokes about people dying? What if you had your family member on that plane, how would you feel if you were in their shoes? What if one of the family members came along your comment and saw the shit you typed on the internet, how do you think they'd feel about it?

Yes, this is the internet, you're going to have trolls wherever you go, but there is a fine line between "trolling" and just genuinely being an ass at times in which most people affected by an incident need support.

Also there is no difference between 1 person's death or 1,000 people dying. A death is a death, it's going to have the same impact on the same sort of people wherever you go. Human life shouldn't be looked at as a number as it has a lot more value than that.

PS: Sorry if my grammar is shit, I'm Arabic so yeah.

Edited by UltimateSensation
  • Like 1

Yes, this is the internet, you're going to have trolls wherever you go, but there is a fine line between "trolling" and just genuinely being an ass

To me there is no line, if you 'troll' then you are an ass, no two ways about it.

I also fully agree with everything you said, somethings are just not meant to be joked about.

• Like 2

Signature

There's too many people in the world to really expect everyone to feel as you do. Some people feel it's okay to joke about this subject because in reality what penalty is there for them doing so? Just people getting mad about it really. No real penalty though so they do it. I guess if you want to say Karma will get them all though I do not believe in that. It's just how life is. Also a lot of people do not care what happens to other people that are outside the common people they know circle. Like you said for instance the plane crash of 200 people, some people think well if no one I know is on that plane crash then what do I care about it? Death happens every second of every day and there are way too many people to care about them all constantly, you could never live your life if that was the case.

• Like 3

nmd8ya.jpg

There's too many people in the world to really expect everyone to feel as you do. Some people feel it's okay to joke about this subject because in reality what penalty is there for them doing so? Just people getting mad about it really. No real penalty though so they do it. I guess if you want to say Karma will get them all though I do not believe in that. It's just how life is. Also a lot of people do not care what happens to other people that are outside the common people they know circle. Like you said for instance the plane crash of 200 people, some people think well if no one I know is on that plane crash then what do I care about it? Death happens every second of every day and there are way too many people to care about them all constantly, you could never live your life if that was the case.

True, but not caring =/= trolling.

• Like 2

6b2cf0cd-74c5-4453-8f6f-3cdfed9297ec_zps93ff94c3-c58c-49f9-b608-6ba86412cc17_zps

That doesn't sound morally right though. Think about it, would you like it if you found out one of your closest family members died in a severe accident of some sort (I hope that never happens to anyone) and you had people joking about it? Now I'm pretty sure you'd be uncomfortable with it and most probably not even like the fact that it's happening and this is exactly where I'm coming from. There is no need for "trolling" or "joking around" when there are people mourning the deaths of their loved ones.

Yes you may not know them, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't give a shit about them. If we were to work like that then why should we personally donate our blood/kidneys to people we've never met before... why are we looking for cures for diseases that we'll probably never have to deal with in our life times (for example obesity if you're a thin person) or heck why would we give a shit about people starving since we've never met them before...

Well personally Ill be honest let's say if my mother passed away okay? I would care yes, but I would not expect you or people from dofus or other people who don't know her or me to care just because my mother is a human being. I am more of a realist though when it comes to IRL things.

EDIT: Oh and if they joke about my mom's death I mean it does nothing, she's already passed away not much more harm can really come to her. As for me words are words and if I let everything people said bother me then I would just lock myself in my room and twiddle my fingers. Words do no damage to you unless you allow them to.

Edited by NotoriousChelsea
  • Like 2

nmd8ya.jpg

Well personally Ill be honest let's say if my mother passed away okay? I would care yes, but I would not expect you or people from dofus or other people who don't know her or me to care just because my mother is a human being. I am more of a realist though when it comes to IRL things.

EDIT: Oh and if they joke about my mom's death I mean it does nothing, she's already passed away not much more harm can really come to her. As for me words are words and if I let everything people said bother me then I would just lock myself in my room and twiddle my fingers. Words do no damage to you unless you allow them to.

Well, I'd rather abide by the idea that if "you have nothing good to say, then don't say it". But that's just me.

And yes, that's the news report that stirred up the thread. Reading some of the comments on other websites made me lose faith in humanity.

Hmm, i can get where you're coming from, but everyone's different, everyone has their own way of dealing with thing's when it comes to death. Like me for instance (Gonna sound reaaallllyyy heartless) my dad died in November, on the day of the burial everyone's crying, not me though, I'm standing there at his grave and all of a sudden come out with "Ha! He's only 7 graves away from his best friend, That'll keep the stupid bastard happy" Keeping in mind I'm the ONLY one not crying and said this out loud. xD

When it come's to strangers though, I don't personally feel the need to be all serious, there's no need to. Sure It's sad for their Families, but for complete strangers, Nah, who cares. Nothing to do with me.

Just my honest opinion. :D

EDIT - Had a spelling mistake.

Edited by Tickleyourbag
  • Like 3

d1326f8c4cda6a5a6a5e4f62cfec85b4.jpg041aff52527c87f03e7f67a637cc42f5.jpg

Everyone may be differente, and you can say "oh, if my mother died i would care but wouldnt expect everyone to care", sure you would feel great about people making fun about your mothers death because they are not supposed to care?

200 Iop Lotuz

200 Enu Alyas

199 Eni Demoncrusher

199 Xelor Thousandyears

199 Panda Vyi

199 Sac Lotuz-Blood / 160+ Sram Shadow-Ravenclaw

199 Feca Lotuz-Shield

199 Osa Undead-Dahlia / 195 Cra Lotuz-Range / 180+ Zobal Popsycho

And his retired enu army.

Would I be sad if my family died in that plane crash? Yeah. Would I cry about people not caring? No. They didn't know my family, so why would I expect or want them to take note of the loss of my family?

Mind your own business. Don't worry about other people's lives that you can't affect. Why try to make life even harder? We're all going to die, just shut the fuck up and be happy :)

• Like 3

Lotuz, as that was technically a question, I wouldn't/don't care if people make fun over my dad's death, nor will i ever care if anyone makes fun of any family related death's, Why would i care? I'm sure It's the same for some people as well, Yes they're dead, yes we mourn them during the whole 'Mourning' time period, but after that, So what? Not like they're gonna be turning in their graves over the fact and It's not exactly gonna have an impact on our daily lives if they're being made fun of.

My dad died of Liver Failure, so knock yaself out making fun the fact! xD

Death = Death, gone forever, to be forgotten, as i say. :P (After all let's face it, once we die, then our Siblings/children die, we're gonna be forgotten.)

EDIT - Should also note that i know this isn't the case for some people, but again, everyone's different.

Edited by Tickleyourbag

d1326f8c4cda6a5a6a5e4f62cfec85b4.jpg041aff52527c87f03e7f67a637cc42f5.jpg

Well, I'd rather abide by the idea that if "you have nothing good to say, then don't say it". But that's just me.

all those times you wanted to talk shit to me haha. you sir are such a hypocrite.

just because people dont share the same beliefs as you doesn't make them "fucking retards"

stop caring about what other RANDOM PEOPLE believe

me personally I couldn't care less who lives or dies. we all die someday

• Like 2

It's likely a response to what seems to be an increasing amount of similar events around the globe (likely more due to increased media coverage, but perception is greater than reality). It's hard to care that some disaster or another in some distant part of the globe happened, and here are people getting all worked up and trying to make someone care when they don't. Is it wrong to not care? That's pretty much personal opinion, and there is a difference for people with different levels of involvement with the issue. It's fine for someone to not care if they're not involved, just because it matters to you, doesn't mean it will matter to someone else.

So yeah,

Why are people so sensitive?

• Like 2

(͡• ̯ ͡• )

all those times you wanted to talk shit to me haha. you sir are such a hypocrite.

just because people dont share the same beliefs as you doesn't make them "fucking retards"

stop caring about what other RANDOM PEOPLE believe

me personally I couldn't care less who lives or dies. we all die someday

Rofl, don't even start hall. Everyone on imps village knows you just enjoy taking the piss out of people by being a general troll

Reading back at the comments, I don't think a lot of people are 100% sure as to what I'm on about.

Basically, I do not expect you guys to care about whether or not someone you don't know died or whatever. Yes, I get that. But the problem is when you have people making jokes like "Hahaha, they're asleep now" or "Rofl, that rollercoaster ride must have been fun" and that sort of stuff when you have other family members crying their hearts out because of a sudden tragedy.

That's what I tried saying in the OP post, sorry if it didn't make sense.

Would I be sad if my family died in that plane crash? Yeah. Would I cry about people not caring? No. They didn't know my family, so why would I expect or want them to take note of the loss of my family?

Mind your own business. Don't worry about other people's lives that you can't affect. Why try to make life even harder? We're all going to die, just shut the fuck up and be happy :)

You didn't read my first post properly. Refer to what I said above your quote just now.

There is a wall between "not caring" and "being an asshole to someone that's dead". Not caring is fine, I don't expect you to care about someone you don't know since you most probably wouldn't have any sort of emotions towards them. But there is a morale factor that's involved in all of this, by saying things like "Hahah, they're asleep now" - you're just being a general dick about things that you apparently "don't care about".

I don't understand, if people don't care about a plane crash and/or the fatalities in the plane, then why do they bother to post such fucked up comments sometimes.

Literally, that's the point that I'm trying to get across here.

• Like 2

Because people react like you do.

i6UKAYi.gif

Because people react like you do.

bh0xw9.jpg

• Like 3

You are young. You still try understand why other people act the way they do , talk the way they do , do the things they do.Its all confusing. You must wonder why exactly they don't do the same things as you , since from your point of view those are the right things to do. With time , after acquiring a larger sample you'll begin to understand.

At first i was asking myself "what is wrong with this person , is he trying to show everyone what a good human being he is by making this thread?" It comes off that way , luckily i have read some other posts made by you are i realized you are just naive and either very young or just developing yourself much slower than people your age.

Now to answer this dilemma of yours. People act rude and reckless on the internet because they are anonymous. They just do the things they would normally never do in real life because they feel safe and they know nothing can happen to them. Go to an actual funeral and you wont see anyone doing anything out of line.Those message boards that belong to a large news site are very broad and a huge number of people post messages. The odds of finding "trolls" are very high. And since those boards are highly impersonal and nobody knows anyone its much harder to construct a more complex "trolling" scheme so they just resort to incredibly rude comments to get a fast reaction out of people like you.

For example on imps it doesn't really work like that. The "trolls" here are much more different because people know some things about each other. There's two good examples in this very thread. Mr-Hall used to be this troll that went FULL RETARD and would get plenty of reactions from people. He was very similar to the ones on news boards: tasteless , pretending to be retarded , using "u mad?" and other silly copy pasted comebacks. He realized he got fairly boring and gave up.

The second example is notoriouschelsea. This one is far more interesting because its not even trolling , its just a mask they adopted after being treated like a troll for their very own sincere ideas and actual behavior. It basically turned into a "everyone thinks im retarded so ill just pretend im trolling since its pretty hip on the internet".

Hope i made you better understand this whole thing.

Edit : I forgot to mention how highly amusing your examples of rude people are. They actually made me laugh.

Edited by DA NEX NIGUZ
  • Like 13

QHneCJu.jpg?1

*sigh*

Sorry there little guy. I know my delivery was rude but someone had to tell you all those things. I fully support you on your endeavor to figuring out right from wrong.Feel free to send me a PM at any time.

Edited by DA NEX NIGUZ
  • Like 3

QHneCJu.jpg?1

Feeling better about yourself yet? :)

• Like 2

In complete agreement with Da Nex. Well said

Have principles --> feel bad about the world's dicks --> discuss it --> get called immature --> become a dick.

• Like 1

6b2cf0cd-74c5-4453-8f6f-3cdfed9297ec_zps93ff94c3-c58c-49f9-b608-6ba86412cc17_zps