Sometimes I just feel like I'm the only new person in my entire server

So I've been playing this game for just over a month now, and my circle of friends hasn't extended much past the people who introduced me to the game. Every once in a while I'll see someone asking for a team to help with low level dungeons, but these have always been people who just don't want to leech their new character. As someone who is new to the game, this can be a bit discouraging sometimes. Progressing isn't a problem, as I'm capable of supporting four characters, but I ultimately feel like I'll just be playing a perpetual game of catch up rather than experiencing the game for what it could be.

So how far off am I from your experiences in getting into the game? Did you feel alone in your progress or did you find a group of noobies to grow with? How often do you guys see honest to god new players in this game? Am I alone or do I just not know where to look?

Hanging around Astrub is a good way to find lower level people (depending on your level) as well as looking for guilds that accept lower level players as well. While most guilds do have higher leveled members, joining ones with people of your level will allow you to connect with them. I started playing around 2007 and that's how I went along with it. It was a good experience and was rather fun to be honest. It may take some time but don't give up!

Honestly I just stick to my group of 2 or so friends. There are people that I chat with, but I only ever train with one other guy, and he just quit so now im SOLO! So yeah I know what you mean, ive been playing for years and years now, and still find myself doing everything alone, whether it be hunting mats, pvm'ing, or professions.

To sum up, this game is a lonely...LONELY game :D

Nomez - 200 Sram

Ilyzaelle

Leader of Ascendance

To sum up, this game is a lonely...LONELY game :D

I'm a solo player as well and I find that I am not lonely while playing the game. My guild is fairly active even when no one is on when I am due to the time difference.

You just have to find a good guild in which you just feel at home or a group of people to connect with.

My early years were probably the years I remember best. I found a guild of newer players and quickly found myself in a web of friends.

Sadly, most of those friends either quit or quit monthly nowadays, and I never get to really see them anymore. I've gotten a new web of friends by now.

Finding a guild is the best way to find friends.

• Like 3

I recruited a couple of guys not long ago that are in the same situation, they're really nice guys but just such a low level that they can't join the guild with usual activities. Even the majority (70%+) can't take part and they're levelled largely past 150 and so on, cause everything me and the usual guys from guild are all through frig 3 dungs and such and setting/leeching alts which are also 190+ lol. Usually when someone makes a new char and we leech it at ghosts or whatever is when the new guys take part, but largely these guys participate in chat only. It's a shame, there should be something for the new guys to do with the oldies that are 199/200, but there just isn't enough to do. Sometimes I feel ignorant leaving them out, but what am I supposed to do? I have things to do too, lol

Edited by Kedjown

I'm a solo player as well and I find that I am not lonely while playing the game. My guild is fairly active even when no one is on when I am due to the time difference.

You just have to find a good guild in which you just feel at home or a group of people to connect with.

My early years were probably the years I remember best. I found a guild of newer players and quickly found myself in a web of friends.

Sadly, most of those friends either quit or quit monthly nowadays, and I never get to really see them anymore. I've gotten a new web of friends by now.

Finding a guild is the best way to find friends.

Have to agree with these two. Although I started out when Shika was still a new server, I have to say that the only reason I kept playing was because of the guild I was in (whichever guild I was currently in at the time). Usually, I'd either be really good friends with a few people in the guild but other than that, I find that most guilds are very welcoming. It's probably best to find a guild around your level though since you would be able to do dungeons, train, etc. with them on the same level. Just keep trying until you find the right one! Good luck.

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

babypenguinfall.gif

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

YOLO.

Finding a friendly guild is the key to finding friends. When you join one up, you'll notice, that you get a feel, of uhmm... Family? At least I do with my mates.

Anyways, we could help you find a solution if we would know which server you in? ;)

A cat has 9 lives, right? 7 left!

Set: 4/8 Items done, 0/9 Trophies done, 0/2 Dofus done, 0/4 Exos done.

I find it is hard to find any friends lv 1-10 in incarnam, just because it is empty. In astrub at 10-25, you may find a few but you will most likely lose them again. 25-50 You might find 1 or 2, but not many. 50-100, you should find quite a few more since you can find a better guild and do better dungs as well as kollo 100-150 you find a LOT more around the frig area when fighting, and by getting a higher guild etc. 150+ You are pretty high, and there are a lot of high people around. Easy just to ask someone to do something + you have a new friend :D. That's my expeierience. The higher you get, the more friends you get. Btw. what lvl are you? Because if you are not 50ish yet, I will tell you this: Lvls 30-50 are the most boring levels. So don't give up at those levels if you are bored, because 50+ things get a lot better. And even better at 100, 150, and 200.

Lvl 200 (Omega 4x) osa.  Guild: Sunrising (probably relatively temporary?) kicked. -I'm currently inactive. - Alliance: Idk, but usually ends up being CYGNI/Cygnus. rip doesn't exist anymore lol 

With lv 140 rogue as an alt. On Echo (was Shika). Also a noob lv 8x Iop on Wakfu, member of Storm Troopers on Remington (if it still exists, haven't checked in a while)  kicked

Add me on steam (Sommanker) and Battle.net (Sommanker#2834) and Discord (Sommanker#1592). I play a multitude of other games.

FLhuxC8.jpgDhwkDaX.png

Latest sig update: 23/03/20

Btw. what lvl are you? Because if you are not 50ish yet, I will tell you this: Lvls 30-50 are the most boring levels. So don't give up at those levels if you are bored, because 50+ things get a lot better. And even better at 100, 150, and 200.

Nope, 90. He also has a guild.

lgt52e8b.png

Caught them in a forum topic.

Edited by Masive

Nope, 90. He also has a guild.

lgt52e8b.png

Caught them in a forum topic.

Yup, level 90. My guild is the guild of the people who introduced me to the game (all 199-200) and is still relatively small. I mean, I don't want to say I dislike the guild, because everyone there is great, but the level gap means I can't really do much with them besides leech and chat.

Go zaapsit at the common zaaps, you'll get friends supaaaafast :D Be social yourself and people will be social to you, atleast from my experience.

• Like 1

vglk7r.png

Like everyone here said, finding a good guild with peeps your level is a sure way of earning friends.

Also I might be murdered in my bed for saying this lol, but if you're PvM you should really start koloing - you'll make both friends and enemies pretty quickly if you go along that road, also (SOMEtimes) a good way of finding people around your level.

Lastly, welcome back ^_^

Go zaapsit at the common zaaps, you'll get friends supaaaafast :D Be social yourself and people will be social to you, atleast from my experience.

And this haha, although that does depend what server you're on.

Edited by Robeine

6b2cf0cd-74c5-4453-8f6f-3cdfed9297ec_zps93ff94c3-c58c-49f9-b608-6ba86412cc17_zps

Also I might be murdered in my bed for saying this lol, but if you're PvM you should really start koloing - you'll make both friends and enemies pretty quickly if you go along that road, also (SOMEtimes) a good way of finding people around your level.

I've been avoiding kolo until I have a more fleshed out understanding of what each class can do. I guess you could say that the best way to learn is through trying, but I don't really want to feel like I'm dragging down the team. I'm also somewhat undergeared.

I've been avoiding kolo until I have a more fleshed out understanding of what each class can do. I guess you could say that the best way to learn is through trying, but I don't really want to feel like I'm dragging down the team. I'm also somewhat undergeared.

Level90 int cra? You should hit 150+ in no time. You can level basically anywhere these days solo. Make friends around that level because a lot of per 100 people just quit... Also don't try out other classes if you plan on staying solo. Int cra is probably the best solo char there is.

Level90 int cra? You should hit 150+ in no time. You can level basically anywhere these days solo. Make friends around that level because a lot of per 100 people just quit... Also don't try out other classes if you plan on staying solo. Int cra is probably the best solo char there is.

Agility Iop/Chance Cra is better.

Agility Iop/Chance Cra is better.

I'd definitely prefer Int cra.

It's solo so obviously ranged fights are better.

And i'd much rather the non-linear aoe spell

111111111111_zps8fd080b8.png

guild_zps09429183.png
Diamonds in the Rough

My team is a lvl90 Int Eni, 77 Int Feca, 78 Agi Sac, and 70 Str Cra. I don't really know if you would call it solo since I have 4 characters, but I've been farming jellies so I can make gelanos.

Edited by Forblaze

My team is a lvl90 Int Eni, 77 Int Feca, 78 Agi Sac, and 70 Str Cra. I don't really know if you would call it solo since I have 4 characters, but I've been farming jellies so I can make gelanos.

Oh I missed that... so new and already multi accounting...

Who needs friends? You should be able to do everything on your own. Guilds are just chat rooms.

• Like 3

Friends are always good to have. Solo is so boring sometimes.

Edited by Sacrive
  • Like 1

Luckily for me when I started playing the server had only just begun because I moved from Rushu on day one. At the beginning it was easy to make friends because everyone was on the exact same level and everything was a new experience. Times have changed now though many years on, most people including myself would prefer to do things solo or with only 1-2 other people because it reduces the chance of mistakes which are costly because it leads to death and time wasted in the end game dungeons. Luckily for me though I have a group of friends in real life who play this game still on occasion so I am never really alone and if they are not online I have my old friends list plus my guild. In recent time I have met some newer people and become friends with them but I am picky and only choose to reach out to certain people.

As for your situation I would have to agree with everyone else. You are better off maybe leaving that guild and entering a bigger more active guild closer to your level so you share similar goals. I understand they are the reason why you started dofus but if they are truly your friends it wouldn't matter what guild you are in because they are on a more exclusive list, your friends list. As for activities, I would recommend you farm kwakwa with your team. In your 4 man team you should be able to kill it and collect some okay xp too. You could even soul the boss room if you have the soul stones. Crafting kwakwa items and selling the runes from crushing will allow you to upgrade your gear in no time. It may be a boring process but this is one of the best ways to make money. I would also be willing to help you by giving you some keys to get you started, just pm in game and I will hook you up.

Sunny.

RETIRED

--SuNnY-- Lvl 200 Former Rank 10 Sadida On Rosal Level 100 Shoemaker/Shoemagus 100 Jeweller/Jewelmagus 100 Tailor/Costumagus

Nemesis-Uk Lvl 200 Former Rank 10 Xelor On Rosal Level 100 Shieldsmith

Fosters Lvl 200 Panda On Rosal Level 100 Hammersmith

Aku-Aku Lvl 199 Masqueraider On Rosal Level 100 Handyman

You are better off maybe leaving that guild and entering a bigger more active guild closer to your level

In my experience, even guilds that are not 100+ are still full of people well outside of my level range. Anyone who is below level 100 is usually the alt of someone and I simply can't keep pace with them. As I said, progressing hasn't been a problem, it's just a bit lonely at times. There just seems to be a general lack of new players in Dofus.

Crafting kwakwa items and selling the runes from crushing will allow you to upgrade your gear in no time.

Thanks for the tip. I actually have level 100 sets for two of my characters and am working on the third, I just can't wear them yet. I'll look into crafting kwakwa set pieces, I have a tailor and swordsmith so if I can get them up to level 60 then I should be able to avoid paying for a craftsman. I don't really know how long that will take or how much it will cost, but I'll manage.

Edited by Forblaze

Well it's never gonna be the same. When I started playing back in 2008, lvl 100 was still a milestone on Rosal. Not that there were no lvl's 150 and higher (first Rosal lvl 200 was born around the time when I started playing), but the majority was relatively new players with who I could progress further experiencing the same adventures step by step as the game offered them. Even back then multiaccounting was the way to go.

There is absolutely no motivation for any high/end game level to do stuff with you, at least not on a regular basis. But I am sure there are plenty of end game levels who can lend a hand from time to time by providing you with free keys, missing mats etc. But at the same time they will not run dungs with you, join hunts etc. Simply, because we have other stuff to do, and what you need to do is far behind us. Whenever I am asked by someone to join our rather inactive guild, I tell them to find a relatively new well managed guild with people of roughly same level and same needs.

When it comes to equip, if you play the game right, there should not be a major problem for you to craft your own items as you get loads of mats from achievements. And if you join a nice guild, you should have access to free crafts in most professions. Especially as a multi, you do not really need that much kamas per char anyway. But this kinda describes, what you have called a perpetual game of catch up. But that's how it is in 8 year old game anyway. Good news is that you can catch up pretty fast if you devote enough time.

Worst Kimbo in the arena team you have ever seen. Proud member of Die with me at Kralove team. Bankrunnerwhenbusy...lvl 10 int osa, Mewitchudie...lvl 10 str sadida, Cowgirlfarmer...lvl 2x str sadida, Raztakajakjama level 10 xelor. Guild: Twisted Empire.

In my experience, even guilds that are not 100+ are still full of people well outside of my level range. Anyone who is below level 100 is usually the alt of someone and I simply can't keep pace with them. As I said, progressing hasn't been a problem, it's just a bit lonely at times. There just seems to be a general lack of new players in Dofus.

[/size][/color]

Thanks for the tip. I actually have level 100 sets for two of my characters and am working on the third, I just can't wear them yet. I'll look into crafting kwakwa set pieces, I have a tailor and swordsmith so if I can get them up to level 60 then I should be able to avoid paying for a craftsman. I don't really know how long that will take or how much it will cost, but I'll manage.

Yeah you definitely missed the awesome golden years of meeting friends as a F2P newbie in incarnam. I started in early 2007 and met a ton of cool people on my first character in incarnam. There were tons of people running around back then... doing incarnam dungeon with others was still fun/possible sub level 20.

Yeah you definitely missed the awesome golden years of meeting friends as a F2P newbie in incarnam. I started in early 2007 and met a ton of cool people on my first character in incarnam. There were tons of people running around back then... doing incarnam dungeon with others was still fun/possible sub level 20.

this is what i feel everytime i play dofus .......

i would always remember those saturdays running with 8 playes to do wabbit castle....... funny time

now, the search - group -thing is empty all the time....... and i dont thinks i that easy to "find friends and a nice guild".