character reincarnation

Ok, say you have a character that you are sure you DO NOT want to play, but you would like to play a different character on that account. Instead of getting 2x xp, the unwanted char is deleted and you get to pick a char with a different class at the same level, with the same stats scrolled, same name (they would love to sell you a name change or sex change). I've been thinking about it, and here is how I think you can determine what a character has scrolled:

Reset to 101

Remove all gear

The number of character points you have left should be at max if you only put points in after scrolling, you will have less if say you pumped a stat from 0 with character points and then reset to 101. If you have 101 in everything and have used 0 points, then voila. It's a little more complicated when someone partially scrolled etc but it should still be possible to determine what you have scrolled by the number of points you have left and your current stat values.

I think Sidney had the idea of crushing a char in the munster crusher to get scrolls, similar to that :D

Same price as a character transfer, can't be undone? I also think the above could be a way for them to overhaul stat caps.

Sounds good in theory, but consider a level 200 character, Ankama makes a nerf to certain class, and a buff to another class. Said 200 character can just snap their fingers with a couple of ogrines and BAM

Nomez - 200 Sram

Ilyzaelle

Leader of Ascendance

Sounds good in theory, but consider a level 200 character, Ankama makes a nerf to certain class, and a buff to another class. Said 200 character can just snap their fingers with a couple of ogrines and BAM

you get 3419289743924 cras for example :D

I'd support it. And then I'd kick every cra from my guild from there on out ^_^ It'd make weeding easy. :D I really see nothing wrong. Ankama would make nice money off people changing, AND be able to know which class is hte flavor of the week class.

Proud Leader of Rosemary

I  can't be bothered to be active enough on imps to care enough to update signature..

there's just a few issues with this, mostly with the scrolling part. They don't have a easy way to differentiate between points used and characteristic points scrolled (I believe that izmar mentioned this once), but if they could do this and give them back without 0 characteristic points scrolled, it could work. Also put a 6 month time limit on it, for those people who like to change a lot.

200 Masq, 200 Eni, 200 Enu, 200 Xelor, 200 Iop, 200 Panda, 200 feca

200 cra (Retired), 200 sac(Retired),199 eca(Retired)

funny1.gif

there's just a few issues with this, mostly with the scrolling part. They don't have a easy way to differentiate between points used and characteristic points scrolled (I believe that izmar mentioned this once), but if they could do this and give them back without 0 characteristic points scrolled, it could work. Also put a 6 month time limit on it, for those people who like to change a lot.

or better yet make it perm

Why would the character have to be reset? Or better yet, why would they GET to reset? they are perfectly capable of running the otomai dungeons, magical orbs haven't been scarce lately, and you are given a free reset with dopples. There doesn't need to be a reset at all. As for the 6 months, i agree. Also, when they add the 16th class, noone should be able to change TO it for over a year. probablly better to go with 18 months to 24.

I really see little wrong with this, as well as limited abusibility. So everyone will make a xelor and enu and be pure wis the whole way? whoopdeedoo. in other words, leech the whole way? Pure wisdom isn't all that big a deal, and any class can leech, just some better than others (granted I'd consider osas to be the best leech characters) and really if they want to do it, cool, who cares?

From a business standpoint: Not doing it means someone has to make a new character, and that means more sub time. however, at the same time, there's risk to loose the customer alltogether

while alternativly, the cost would make for alot of profit. which i believe would outweigh the subscription loss...

my biggest fear is it would please people TOO much. I fear, if they can change classes, they would be less inclined to learn them. If you could just teleport to every dungeon, instantly, skip all the way to the boss room, then cast slaughtering, get the achievements every time, and then make your set, i feel the game would simply suck, as there'd be no acomplishment feeling, I fear the same would happen here, as you didn't level that character, it'd hurt the acomplishment, as well as the person wouldn't be as skilled with the class...

Also... wiht the existence of x4 exp, i doubt any of this matters.

Proud Leader of Rosemary

I  can't be bothered to be active enough on imps to care enough to update signature..

They could make it potentially possible to say HAVE to use first/second power as part of the change but I think overall it wouldn't work.

~Quit this shit.

I'd really like to know why people think scrolling should be erased?

Proud Leader of Rosemary

Stats would have to be erased because of caps. Scrolling would have to go too because Ankama can't tell the difference between scrolled characteristics and non scrolled.

Stats would have to be erased because of caps. Scrolling would have to go too because Ankama can't tell the difference between scrolled characteristics and non scrolled.

oh yeah. derped. ^_^

I knew there was a good reason when I was typing it, but coudln't figure out. oh well, reset to 0 for everyone. small price to pay

Proud Leader of Rosemary