• Banana
  • Imps Green
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Prowny

Frigost 3 - Limit on weapon usage per turn

Sir-Dal talks about the new Frigost 3 update, revealing that weapons will have a limit on their usage depending on how powerful they are (the more powerful, the less uses per turn). This means that weapon dependant classes, like Eniripsas or Sacriers, will no longer be able to deal as much damage as damage dealer classes, like Iops. He says that this is what the development team intends, to diversify the roles of each class.

He also says that there won't be new houses in the Count's castle, that the monsters vitality in Frigost will be nerfed in order to make up for the weapon's usage limit, and that the Ice Dofus is going to be a reward for completing a series of quests and achievements

He ends up with a "don't shoot the messenger" request.

Something like 5AP weapons are 2 per turn, 4AP weapons are 2(3), and daggers stay at 3? I hope so, because then there really won't be a difference between now and then >_>

He ends up with a "don't shoot the messenger" request

Bring me the messenger ಠ_ಠ I think he needs a good dosage of 'murica

Something like 5AP weapons are 2 per turn, 4AP weapons are 2(3), and daggers stay at 3? I hope so, because then there really won't be a difference between now and then >_>

What ya mean daggers stay at 3? I use a x4 dagger build unsure.gif

• Like 1

What ya mean daggers stay at 3? I use a x4 dagger build unsure.gif

Minority.

The Update is just making it so Nubs buffed to 16 ap cant swing their otomais sword 4 times or there daggs 5 times.

he should relax us dofus players won't don't shoot the messenger :rolleyes:

1213567854_Sparta_kick.gif

Don't shoot the messenger... shoot his employer :(

I would've been really bothered before, but now that they're nerfing AP givers it doesn't bother me that much. It's not like I can have 24+ AP from smell and roulette anymore.

Anyway, I think they'll get less shit if they go with 5 AP=2, 4AP=3, and 3 AP=4. I think a limit of 2 for 4 AP weap is over the top. I think they should start off this way and then nerf it further if they want to.

I'll add a bit more from the conference that wasn't included in the first post:

-For those who were asking if there will be low/mid level sets, the answer is no. Frig 3 is for levels 195+

-He mentioned that there won't be a big house in Frig 3 (like the one in koalak and snowbound village), reason being is because "this is count harebourg's castle, do you think he would allow someone to come in and make a house in there?'

So does this mean there won't be any houses in frig 3 at all? I thought they said there would be a new village in there with houses and paddocks. Maybe he was only referring to the castle

-There will be some weapon balancing (probably nerfing strong weaps and buffing weak ones)

-They will try to make a difference between axes and swords and weapons of that sort that are pretty much the same (I assume shovels are included in that as well) since they are pretty much all the same 1:1 range type of thing.

He did mention there will be a devlog coming out soon that will explain everything, how soon? i don't know.

• Like 1

Hmm possibly the finishing of aurora borealis's ice hotel? That would be a cool thing to implement :P

im really hoping they nerf pecc, but a part of me thinks that they won't because they're douchebags like that

im really hoping they nerf pecc, but a part of me thinks that they won't because they're douchebags like that

No they'll Probably nerf it but add something else extremely OP to Overshadow the old one. Peccary, the bow!

No they'll Probably nerf it but add something else extremely OP to Overshadow the old one. Peccary, the bow!

Just when i thought it couldn't get any worse D:

I hope they reduce the conditions to equip some weapons to give us more of a choice after this. I wonder when they are going to open Beta.

Ffs what is point in going and spending lots and lots of kamas on 12ap set then saying i cant oto sword x3? This is STUPID. And also, let 2ap daggers be swung more than 3...

Ffs what is point in going and spending lots and lots of kamas on 12ap set then saying i cant oto sword x3? This is STUPID. And also, let 2ap daggers be swung more than 3...

If as an osa all you're doing is 3x cc per turn, you're probably going to lose fights with or without that cc :rolleyes:

Personally I'm fine with this, it'll probably demote the whole stack every AP buffer into one team and promote more of the play what you want, it won't really matter (more sadis/iops/srams for frig 3 ect), not really that bigger deal..

• Like 2

I really hope they make it 4/3/2 swings as well. If so then I'd be pretty happy with this change, I think. I always feel my PvM team is inferior simply because I don't have an Eni or Osa, which is kind of lame. At the moment, AP givers are simply too powerful in PvM.

• Like 1

...Why would they nerf a weapon that sucks?

...Why would they nerf a weapon that sucks?

Because it doesn't? It's one of the most powerful, raw damage wise, weapons in the game and requires very little investment to be effective. I would never use it for various reasons, but a Moowolf set Eca doing 2k damage per turn isn't by any means weak.

I had a feeling that the weapon "nerf" would be a cast limit situation. It seems to fit right in with what they are doing with all the spells. They want you to diversify how you play your character, instead of casting weapon skill (and any class buffs) then turning around to beat the crap out of something with your weapon. It also explains the huge push towards hybrid gear we've been seeing.

I'm a bit curious/scared to see how they plan on redefining support vs damage roles, especially when it comes to enis. I'm hoping that there is some sort of trade off, where if you choose to heal in a turn, you lose your ability to cc, or your damage gets reduced. That would solve a lot of the problems with enis. They can heal and dish out tons of damage, take one or the other away and things should be ok. *crosses fingers*

• Like 1

Don't panic though. Remember they buffed punch!

• Like 6

But its only strong point is that it's decent with very little investment. Trying to make it good is another story, unless there's a need to bypass linear reduction (pretty much limited to kolo, since it's two handed -- linear reduction doesn't show up much in PvM either)

They should just go ahead and put a cast limit on every spell, it's going to happen eventually...

• Like 1

Because it doesn't? It's one of the most powerful, raw damage wise, weapons in the game and requires very little investment to be effective. I would never use it for various reasons, but a Moowolf set Eca doing 2k damage per turn isn't by any means weak.

If you're talking about PvP, you'd have to be a fool to get hit twice by that 5 AP sword.

If you're talking about PvM, you should be using AoE weapons.

Nobody is a Poutch. I hate it when people act like you just stand there and close combat until the enemy dies.

I think my brainless CC-spamming days are over.

Time to get my tactics back out of the box.

RIP 16AP CC spamming x)

• Like 2

1363220777[/url]' post='1331548']

This means that weapon dependant classes, like Eniripsas or Sacriers, will no longer be able to deal as much damage as damage dealer classes, like Iops. He says that this is what the development team intends, to diversify the roles of each class.

Couldn't they just wait weapon nerf instead of ridiculuosly nerfing Sac's map manipulation skills patch after patch? I thought the ability of dealing great damage when buffed was our new main role in team fights. Which will be after 2.11? I fear Sacs will for sure be able to do many different things during the fight but not be really good at any of those.

• Like 1