• Imps Green
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
fued

New game i am making, tactical RPG

Hey guys,

Used to be a long time dofus player/imps user, who worked on games as a hobby.

Well, i have made the transition from hobby development to full time, i am now a Full time independant developer.

I have two fun mobile games awaiting release, and starting on my third, a much larger, more fun project.

What it is:

A isometric tactical RPG, with some multiplayer elements.

I have a video on the campaign page which has more details :)

CAMPAIGN LINK HERE

If anyone has any questions/comments/ideas, post them here and ill get back to you about them.

If you can't afford contributing, and still want to help, please share this link with others you might know who like tactical RPGs.

Thanks,

Fued

• Like 1

Reminds me of the Spiderweb Software games, I am intrigued. Is it strictly multiplayer or will a single player be able to control a party? Upvoted on Reddit :D

Edited by Villike

Reminds me of the Spiderweb Software games, I am intrigued. Is it strictly multiplayer or will a single player be able to control a party? Upvoted on Reddit :D

Well at the moment its either solo missions or missions with other players/friends.. Although the idea of running a party is interesting, some of the solo missions i planned on NPC's accompanying you (e.g. a guide in snowy mountain passes) and other NPC's who like to accompany you on "harder" missions, Adding the possibility of controlling NPC characters is possible, I'm gonna have to say a maybe to that, or add it as an toggle for advanced players only.

It's Planned to have a big modding capability... whether i have to pull that out of the initial release is still to be seen tho (its why i dont promise huge modding capability in the video)

Also, just wondering...why is the kickstarter goal $8,000 if you only need $6,000 to finish the basic game?

For champagne to celebrate finishing? Duh.

• Like 1

For champagne to celebrate finishing? Duh.

haha yeah this would be awesome.

Estimates for artwork range between $5000-$7000, I wouldn't mind having a spare $1k for music/sound/server costs.

so $6000 would be a nice minimum, $8000 would mean everything would definitely be covered :)

A new screenshot! using artwork courtesy of Redshrike from Open game art

Check out details about the campaign HERE

COQjJ.png

Ah those sprites are much nicer than the ones i saw a few days ago :)

Fued glad to see you're doing well man and I wish you good luck on your game I'll definitely try to help out where I can.

I really like it ;)

Few years ago I myself was making TBS RPG's using RPG Maker XP. It's a great way to spend your free time. Maybe that's why I choose to study programming ;p

I will definitely look into your work when I have more free time.

Nice to see someone enjoying doing this as I did. ;)

What programs are you using? I'm interested in messing around a bit

What programs are you using? I'm interested in messing around a bit

I guess he's using a programming language like Java or Ruby to create such games. Or, he might have created a personal game engine and using it as a base for those games.

To develop it, I am using XNA with C# to build the engine, then transferring that to MonoDevelop/C# where I finish scripting (much more platform friendly, allows apple/mac/linux/win8/iphone/android)

Just relaunched the whole campaign, upgraded graphics with a much more professional look to it, check it out now if you can :)

CLICK HERE TO SEE IT AGAIN

Edited by fued