What Anime do you watch lately?

For all anime lovers, lets have our own topic. Let's share what anime we are currently watching, just finished, waiting. Or just what your favorites.

Just finished To love Ru and its second season, loved them. And currently watching Gosick/Rosario +vampire/ Kami-sama no Memo-cho.

Rosal

Abyss - Sram

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still think Air Gear is a must watch :< roller skates with motors... what is even better than that? It's just a shame that the movie was cancelled and they didn't renew it for a second series.

The usual: Naruto Bleach One Piece

I love Fairy Tail. One of my favorites aswell. Shame the filler right now is kinda..boring, the manga in the other hand is AWESOME, cant wait for the anime to start the new arc.

I'm also enjoying Bleach/Naruto and just got around to finishing the whole DB/DBZ/DBGT saga. Currently going through DBZ Abridged. Hilarious parody of DBZ

Started with a new anime this weekend, Soul Eater. Nothing mind-blowing or anything, just some light humor with a slightest hint of a plot. To sum it up, Death (Grim Reaper) has started a school that trains kids in pairs, one becoming the weapon meister, the other transforms into the weapon. The meister's goal is to help the weapon obtain 99 evil souls and 1 witch soul, turning it into a Death Scythe which is used by Reapers. Add 3 pairs of students as protagonists, a few evil characters set on releasing evil onto the world and insane figures like Dr Franken Stein and an incarnation of Death unlike any you've seen before, and you pretty much have the story.

For all anime lovers, lets have our own topic. Let's share what anime we are currently watching, just finished, waiting. Or just what your favorites.

Just finished To love Ru and its second season, loved them. And currently watching Gosick/Rosario +vampire/ Kami-sama no Memo-cho.

x_x don't know how you can stand any of those.

Started with a new anime this weekend, Soul Eater.

Soul Eater is immense, bought and watched the box set recently :D was very cheap, and more than worth it. Bones has become my favourite animation studio.

Speaking of Bones, I'm currently watching No. 6:

01.jpg

Last time I saw an anime pull off this quality of art consistently was in 5 Centimeters Per Second. And that was a three-part film, not a freaking series. I'm not even going to justify this show; it doesn't need defending. It's very reminiscent of George Orwell's 1984. Watch this shit.

I am also following Ikoku Meiro no Croisée, season two of Baka Test, and Mayo Chiki (which is unfortunately perverted, but extremely funny). I've been watching Wakfu season two, but need to look for downloads of it again. Can't wait for the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira OVA. Can't remember what else is on the horizon, but this summer is a good one. Oh yeah, need to see Haibane Renmei to the end as well.

Here's my list of all the anime I've watched by rank .-. there's quite a few, as I watch one or two shows a day.

Edited by Taste

TasteMyAnime.png

Visit my DeviantArt page for my manga aaaart. Click above for my ratings on ~150 anime & manga.

Deadman Wonderland - Had an abrupt end to the season recently. D: Gruesome shounen but toooootally worth watching.

Ao No Exorcist - Ongoing, it seems. Decent-ish show but the ending theme to the earlier episodes is <3~.

Yondemasu Azezel San - Nucking Futs anymay that recently ended. Grimoires, demons, pervy jokes, crazy style.

Art by Nomie

OldNomie.png

Deadman Wonderland - Had an abrupt end to the season recently. D: Gruesome shounen but toooootally worth watching.

Ao No Exorcist - Ongoing, it seems. Decent-ish show but the ending theme to the earlier episodes is <3~.

Yondemasu Azezel San - Nucking Futs anymay that recently ended. Grimoires, demons, pervy jokes, crazy style.

Deadman Wonderland was excellent, but Ganta really takes the piss. He needs to man up, start asking some questions and at least fight more intelligently. There will be an OVA episode as an epilogue to the series coming out at some point (possibly this summer?)

Gave up on Ao No Exorcist after two episodes, seemed like a really typical low-budget depthless action anime.

Edited by Taste

TasteMyAnime.png

Visit my DeviantArt page for my manga aaaart. Click above for my ratings on ~150 anime & manga.

Guest xXxWeEaBoO420XxXMLG69

Ooo, sounds like a good topic to find new anime to watch :D

Anyway, I am currently watching the usual (Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Fairy Tail), also Toriko, Beelzebub, and Kaiji.

Also watched a few finished animes : Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (this one is a masterpiece, but you should already know that), Katekyo Hitman Reborn (this one better restart soon or imma kill myself), Tales of the Abyss, GTO... all I can think of right now.

My favourites are :

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, for reasons I don't even need to explain.

Katekyo Hitman Reborn, because of the really interesting storyline, some characters are really awesome (MUKURO-SAMAAAAA :D), I really hope it restarts soon, since the manga is ongoing still.

GTO, because it's simply hilarious.

x_x don't know how you can stand any of those.

Well ive been watching some comedy/echii animes latey to give them a try, and its pretty fun. Obviously they arent my favorites animes, but I like to try out different genres.

I must say that my favorite animes so far are:

Darker than black (second season wasnt that good)

Code geass

Clannad

Claymore

I can think of more, because I love almost all the animes ive watched, but those 4 are in my top 10 for sure. And Ive been looking forward to watch Ergo Proxy, Deadman Wonderland and Kuroshitsuji.

Edited by Excudo

Rosal

Abyss - Sram

Also watched a few finished animes : Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (this one is a masterpiece, but you should already know that)

FMA:B is excellent, but I read the manga first and found that it was a lot more powerful on paper than it became on-screen. Unlike in mangas like Naruto, one doesn't get lost for ten seconds each page trying to work out what the hell the scribbles are trying to convey and who has just attacked whom - in FMA, it's diamond-clear. It's also solidly scripted, never wasting a single panel on small-talk or filler (because they don't need to fill a 22-minute episode each time, and there's only about four people able to work on it). It's the only manga that's ever made me cry - there are some really evocative scenes in it. THAT POOR DOCTOR. Actually, I suppose Chobits might also have gotten to me by the end...

1oae7k.jpg

I must say that my favorite animes so far are:

Darker than black (second season wasnt that good)

Code geass

Clannad

Claymore

Clannad's my favourite anime of all time :) (I've rewatched both series three or four times), but again, I couldn't cope with those other three shows xD if you find yourself wanting a quality dose of high-school comedy to follow on from Clannad, watch School Rumble, with the superior English dub. It's as funny as, if not funnier than, Clannad, and it manages to define what true manliness is over and over again. FUNimation host the whole first season on Youtube! Legally!

Edited by Taste
  • Like 1

TasteMyAnime.png

Clannad's my favourite anime of all time :) (I've rewatched both series three or four times), but again, I couldn't cope with those other three shows xD if you find yourself wanting a quality dose of high-school comedy to follow on from Clannad, watch School Rumble, with the superior English dub. It's as funny as, if not funnier than, Clannad, and it manages to define what true manliness is over and over again. FUNimation host the whole first season on Youtube! Legally!

Yeah Clannad is lovely, but very very sad. I will confess that I cried several times xD. I found it more of a romance/drama anime than comedy, it still had its funny moments tho.

As for school rumble, I was looking at it and looks pretty nice, and Ive heard good things about it. Might start watching it soon :)

Rosal

Abyss - Sram

I doubt it. The manga only has 25 chapters and it's published on a monthly basis. As good as it is it's already had a few filler episodes and episodes based off of omakes from when the manga was released as volumes. I'd really prefer not seeing filler arcs considering how long they'd have to last.

This season I'm currently watching:

• Ao no Exorcist - pretty decent show if you can get past the first couple episodes. Sometimes I forget it's supposed to be an action anime.
  • Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Nii! - I watched the previous season, I watched the OVAs, it's over the top hilarious some times but this new season hasn't added anything that the show didn't already have so far.
  • Fairy Tail/One Piece/Naruto - Meh, not even going to bother with these. They're popular, I question why I watch them sometimes, I skip a lot of episodes, ask someone else about 'em.
  • Inazuma Eleven GO - I enjoyed the original series and the cast is returning 10 years later(anime time) for this one, despite it being a heavily-aimed-towards-kids anime. There's a lot of uniqueness among all the characters and you can really tell that the animators are trying every time an entirely new team is introduced. GO has been slow to get off the ground, nothing that will seem unexpected if you actually watch it.
  • Mawaru Penguindrum - Just watch it. If you aren't hooked after the first episode then it probably isn't for you.
  • Natsume Yuujinchou San - Third season of what's probably my favorite relax-and-fall-asleep-with-the-warm-fuzzies show. Formula remains basically unchanged but we're getting a better look at what was going on with his grandmother now, which is nice because even though she was a main character beforehand she always felt kind of vague and distant.
  • Sacred Seven - The animation seems pretty damn good, have to say that the conservative use of CGI is a nice change. Plot seems kind of up in the air for me right now. It could go in various directions at the moment. Some music by FictionJunction occasionally sneaks in which is a really nice touch.
  • SKET Dance - Hilarious. This is a very good adaptation of an otherwise hilarious manga whose growing fanbase. Can't say I'm too pleased with the fanbase since that's what ruined Death Note for me a few years ago and why I stopped browsing /cm/ entirely but I digress.
  • Tiger & Bunny - Pretty sure I was just watching this for my action fix when I was skipping episodes of Fairy Tail, One Piece and Naruto because I honestly can't say many good things about it. It's not terrible, though it hasn't done anything particularly memorable either.

I'm watching a few other things but I'm pretty sure you'd already be watching them if you were fans of those genre since they're dripping with fanservice to the point of interfering with the plot.

Mami%27s_curtsey.gif

I havent watched alot this year, Alot of(imo) terrible series being aired, alot of terrible echi series and pointless harems, some really brillant series(Puella magi) have aired this year and im still waiting on the last season of Shakugan no shana(due sometime this year since ive watched both series) I have watched alot of series and I have a ton of favourite shows, Not a big fan of Shonen series but I liked soul eater.

I actually started to watch FMA(not brotherhood yet) awhile back, still havent got around to watching the rest, might pick up FMA B insted, pretty good series what I watched.

Edited by RavenAckros

signature.png

Naruto

Bleach

One Piece

I liked Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood too^^

Lucky Team:

Cra - Avamys - 158 - Str / Agi

Reapered - Sram - 63 - Agi

Eniripsa - Intel-Heal - 63 - Int

Masqueraider - 82 - Str

I havent watched alot this year, Alot of(imo) terrible series being aired, alot of terrible echi series and pointless harems, some really brillant series(Puella magi) have aired this year and im still waiting on the last season of Shakugan no shana(due sometime this year since ive watched both series) I have watched alot of series and I have a ton of favourite shows, Not a big fan of Shonen series but I liked soul eater.

I actually started to watch FMA(not brotherhood yet) awhile back, still havent got around to watching the rest, might pick up FMA B insted, pretty good series what I watched.

I hope you're being ironic.

I did watch Madoka and I thought it was alright. It's not really my kind of anime and I think I would have enjoyed it a lot more if I hadn't watched all of it in a week instead of watching it on a weekly basis and waiting for the end. I've never really enjoyed any of Shaft's shows though so it could just be that their style doesn't agree with me.

I've found that this is one of the best years for anime in a long time. I'm really enjoying a lot of the shows so far, picking up more shows than I usually do every season, leaving a lot of the stuff I set aside to watch later collecting dust and making it somewhat of a daunting task to stay on top of releases.

Hah, Didnt even notice that, teaches me to write posts at midnight.

I really like what shaft does, probably my favourite studio with gainax.

There is alot of good shows this year, I gotta get around to watching them but I like to marathon stuff since im not the type of person who

watches shows weekly(or whenever they are released) I honestly prefer to watch the whole series at once.

Heres a chart for the "Fall" if anyones interested and hasnt seen it else where:

Started deadman wonderland, honestly cant tell if I am liking or not, :s

Edited by RavenAckros

signature.png

So far this year Ive watched only 3 new animes. Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae, Gosick and C The Money of Soul and Possibility Control. I really liked them, so imo atleast those new animes are awesome. And ive heard good things about deadman wonderland/Ao no Exorcist, dont know about the others tho.

AlsoI cant wait for Persona 4 anime, Shakugan no shana 3rd season and Highschool of the dead second season.

Rosal

Abyss - Sram

So far this year Ive watched only 3 new animes. Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae, Gosick and C The Money of Soul and Possibility Control. I really liked them, so imo atleast those new animes are awesome. And ive heard good things about deadman wonderland/Ao no Exorcist, dont know about the others tho.

AlsoI cant wait for Persona 4 anime, Shakugan no shana 3rd season and Highschool of the dead second season.

AnoHana was eeeexcellent :) some frustrating moments where there was plenty of opportunity to advance the plot sooner but nobody would take the step, but overall, a good contender for best show of the year.

Would be too hard for me to single out what I've actually watched this year. I most enjoyed finding Kamichu though <3 not that it's new. Really cute and mellow slice of life about gods with some brilliant comedy towards the end:

1708.jpg

I'm waiting on the same shows. Is HotD confirmed to have a second season?

Edited by Taste

TasteMyAnime.png

I just got netflix and watched 5 seasons of bleach in a couple weeks.. 109 episodes. The last episode is when karyria dies, but at the very end, of course they set up a next season. There is a kid with a beanie that jumps down and snickers. Anyways.. can i find these future episodes online somewhere?

Also, can anyone recommend some good anime on netflix? I saw people mentioned a few but.. was thinkin about death note since i've seen a few,

Edited by Volacious

Volaxias 200 Eni - Volacious 199 Feca

ImpsSig-1.jpg

Basically I just watch what Pereb repeatedly bitches at me to watch and then sometimes I'll pick a random anime off my friend's hard drive.

Currently watching: Fairy Tail, Beezlebub

Favorites (in no order):

FMAB - a MUST watch

GTO - absolutely hilarious anime with decent character development I suppose. I like the characters a lot, not sure if other people did. And the expressions are the best out of any anime I've seen.

Elfen Lied- way too short, but it devotes a lot of time to flashbacks that really make you feel for the characters. I also like how this show has very plain nudity, but almost never does sexual fan service. What I mean by this is that you see titties a lot, but the titties look like less than 1% of the time was devoted into making them and there are almost no sexual angles. So even if there is nudity, the anime is much less perverted than most other animes.

Death Note- really enjoyed the mind games in it and I have to admit that I REALLY felt bad for the blond chick

Chobits- this has got to be one of the cutest animes ever made. There are a few awkward parts, but most of it is pretty humorous and RIDICULOUSLY CUTE. The main plot idea is rather interesting too.

Fairy Tail(maybe)- The most cliched piece of crap ever, but there are so many damn minor characters with unique personalities that there is plenty of opportunities for humor. The music is pretty good too and they rarely show you fights that you don't want to see (*cough* bleach and that stupid bitch/ 90% of the minor characters *cough*). Also, you get to see Lucy's tits get larger as the anime progresses, not that this is a +, just pointing it out for you guys who didn't notice this :P

Actually, I suppose Chobits might also have gotten to me by the end...

I fucking loved that anime! I might have cried at the end too

Edited by Archangel-xx

Was playing Algathe, but taking an indefinite break.

RIP my ap dofusteuse picture.

On 12/24/2012 at 12:57 AM, 'Mercutio said:

Indeed. As far as wonderful experiences go it ranks up there with trying to force a rusty nail into your pee-hole while coating your finger with chilli powder then violating your own anal passage with said finger repeatedly. Its unpleasant. Trust me I know ive done it often. That being said both scenarios offer mild enjoyment so im in.

JWs41BL.png
turq x82, emerald x16

Just started watching 2 animes of this year. Mayo Chiki! and Ao no Exorcist. Gotta say that im really liking both of them, pretty originals. Ao no Exorcist really impresed me, I've only watched a couple of episodes but I love it :o.

Rosal

Abyss - Sram

Code Geass is probably my favourite anime. The only series I'm currently watching at the moment is Steins;Gate. I'm really looking forward to Berserk though, the manga is phenomenal and the old anime series was excellent too.

logo.png

slogan.png