The official newbie question thread!

I've tried looking on wiki but couldn't find any information. How do Treasure Hunt Chests work? I was fighting one today and realised it healed me after 50% hp? Is there a specific tactic to beating them? I nearly died to the lvl 180 chest today

Shika Echo                                                        Grandapan                                                  Ilyzaelle                                       

Mr-Bing - 200 Feca                                              Atlas - 200 Feca                                      Balu - 200 Ouginak

Mr-Yahoo - 199 Masq

Mr-Jeeves - 193 Sac

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thanks bob, finally get to check off another of these. i'm getting close!  

Lack of public funding to keep them maintained.

sld pǝpunoɹƃ q ɐuuɐʍ ʇuop ı puɐ pǝpunoɹƃ ɯı ɹo ʇı xıɟ ɹǝʇʇǝq ı sʎɐs ɯoɯ ʎɯ puɐ pɹnʞs ɯı op 2 ʇɐʍ ʞpı ǝɯ dlǝɥ ǝsɐǝld pǝıɟıʇsnɾ ʇɥƃıɹ puɐ uʍop ǝpısdn sı ʇıɥs ʎɯ llɐ dlǝɥ sld pǝpunoɹƃ q ɐuuɐʍ ʇuop ı pu

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Balu said:

I've tried looking on wiki but couldn't find any information. How do Treasure Hunt Chests work? I was fighting one today and realised it healed me after 50% hp? Is there a specific tactic to beating them? I nearly died to the lvl 180 chest today

After every 2 turns you get healed (turn 5/7/9 etc), just be aware of the erosion it applies to you and it shouldn't be too hard. If you are facing difficulties an astrub knight can solo it.

Edited by TheFook
  • Like 1

Thanks guys, i genuinely did look for it but thought it was called 'chest'. I managed to beat it if i can stay close and go full vit

• Like 1

Shika Echo                                                        Grandapan                                                  Ilyzaelle                                       

Mr-Bing - 200 Feca                                              Atlas - 200 Feca                                      Balu - 200 Ouginak

Mr-Yahoo - 199 Masq

Mr-Jeeves - 193 Sac

Hit it till it's hp is 0? :')

But for real, it doesn't have an invuln but is under constant rooted state (?) so you can't move it. It goes invis on the first turn but it's quite easy to find where it is since the AI is quite aggressive. I'd suggest keeping the rest of the mob back and blitzing No-Face first. Also, be careful of the purses of kamas that it summons, they have quite high lock but i'm not 100% sure what happens if you end in the glyph/next to them. Look up some YT vids, the french translation is "Sans Visage." Gl ^^

• Like 2

What is the difference between the Foggernaut spell, Evolution, and its varient Transition. I've read the description on the Dofus website but it doesn't seem to make it very clear. Well without actually playing and seeing it in person anyway.

The way i see it is Evolution doesn't actually evolve the turret?

Thanks

Mr-Yahoo - 199 Masq

Mr-Jeeves - 193 Sac

Evolution and Transition have the same effect (evolve/heal a turret or give +Power to an ally). The difference is in the other parts of the spell.

Evolution:

2 AP

3-10 range

2 turn cooldown

Transition:

3 AP

1-3 range

1 turn cooldown

So Transition is more expensive and shorter range, but can evolve turrets faster.

Edited by Owyn
Spoiler

Ah, thanks. Due to the different wording and description of the spells I thought they had different effects, so didn’t look at the other information. 

Mr-Yahoo - 199 Masq

Mr-Jeeves - 193 Sac

• 1 month later...

Hello.

Is this pet worth something? I think you can't get anymore and there aren't any in the market, that's why I'm asking.

18079.png

https://www.dofus.com/en/mmorpg/encyclopedia/pets/12133-solid-plissken

Thanks.

PS: echo server

Fight first, ask questions later.

There were a few in market last week for around 500kk each

• Like 1

defuse the best.png

tezar.png

El-Whisky: jsoost
El-Whisky: u are my idol

I know it is possible to "Reset a map." 

Does anyone have any clear rules/guidelines on how to do so? I've gathered that killing a large mob (7+ loot) usually resets, although killing smaller mobs does not. I'm far too lazy to actually experiment and see if u have to kill like 8 monsters on a map b4 reset, or what resets the map. So if any of you hardcore dofus nerds could help, i'd appreciate u

Well, maybe don't ask people and call them "hardcore dofus nerds" at the same time, that's my first piece of advice.

Secondly, killing any natural mob on a map changes the starting positions in combat for that map. Note that killing something like a Monster Bread or a Bwak Egg won't. The issue here is that Ankama likes to make a lot of very similar looking combat starting positions and have them cycle one after the other, so that you'll kill something and the spots won't seem to change. My answer to you here is to just keep cycling through them until the map looks nice enough for you.

• Like 1

tumblr_maroc5i39P1rho4djo1_500.gif

image.png.66526a14506b6ebcd355aaff81bf0d31.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 5
  • Love 2

tumblr_maroc5i39P1rho4djo1_500.gif

5 hours ago, Scour said:

Well, maybe don't ask people and call them "hardcore dofus nerds" at the same time, that's my first piece of advice.

Secondly, killing any natural mob on a map changes the starting positions in combat for that map. Note that killing something like a Monster Bread or a Bwak Egg won't. The issue here is that Ankama likes to make a lot of very similar looking combat starting positions and have them cycle one after the other, so that you'll kill something and the spots won't seem to change. My answer to you here is to just keep cycling through them until the map looks nice enough for you.

Thanks hardcore dofus nerd ❤️ 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Scour said:

image.png.66526a14506b6ebcd355aaff81bf0d31.png

this is my favourite thing ever also i want ban immunity trying to fit as many of them as possible into 1 post plZ

1604099165_ScreenShot2018-09-23at11_04_40pm.png.f822d5f65a71a9faa9ae61e92ba45cc8.png

XNcvlvb.jpg

hey thats pretty good

• Like 1

8adae8781a0a4059a2176ae6534d5911.png

18ebfda2f75c734baf107198cedbd5c4.png

14 hours ago, ЯeveЯt said:

How can someone be an UB3R 1337 Dofus nerd if they don't know that Shika was the greatest server? FAKE NEWS.

I back this up

tgm3JhY.gif

Zyonde / epidemy-pl

• 4 weeks later...

im at 32 bonta alig level and cant kill those chafer archers in brak xd idk if im missing something. What should i do? Do i need to find an eni who will heal me? Im not sure if it will be enough coz my hp is 2,8k and to strongest chafer got 1,6k. Im hitting them for 100~ per hit with that quest bow so it wil take so long that erosion could kill me xd