• Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Ankama Brown
  • Charcoal
Kyek

The official newbie question thread!

I'm a noob on Imps, not sure where to post this hhhh

Gonna master all classes to top notch level and play all of them hardcore a f on Beta after Goult is done.

My questions :

----Are Rogue's bombs still calculated (Vitality/5)+10? I read that somewhere, but it doean't seem right. Made a sweet set on Dofusbook with 5065 HP (4015 Vitality). So the bombs would have only 813 HP? Yet I've seen bombs with 1000 HP, but the caster's HP wasn't 6000+.

This is the Dofusbook preview for them? Because it's definitely wrong (probably using an old formula; bomb HP calculation was changed at least twice). As a general guideline, 5k HP rogue means 1k+ bombs.

The formula (endgame with lvl 6 bombs of course) is (vit/4)+28 now.

----(I'd test this, but I won't be able to test it for a while and I like to know ahead of time)

How much does Kaboom stack? Is it 2 buffs from per bomb? So the max would be 280% Power, 2 Ap, 2 Mp?

It's 3 buffs from each bomb.

----Boombot enters the rooted state, which means it can't enter the portals, but activates them, right? So I could basically step on a portal, deactivate it and then pull something on the portal?

No, the portal is active again as soon as you step off it, since you aren't actually moving anything through it.

It's also worth noting that boombot can move things through portals, but it needs to aim "behind" the portal because both spells work like fear and target the end cell (e.g. if portal is 4 cells away, it needs to aim 5+ cells away with push or <4 with pull).

• Like 2

"Eat a bomb, bish!"

200 steampunk cosplay200 panduh200 bomb-themed superhero200 ipop200 red magelots of abandoned 200s

@Ala

Thanks a lot. Dofusbook doesn't show the bomb HP, but, yeah, it was indeed an old source. Can't wait to get g00d

Which class would be best to powerlevel alts with? I've heard plenty people say that if you want to raise a team, it's best to get a single character or a duo up to a substantial level first.

Would it be worth getting an Int Cra or maybe an Iop up to level 90 or 80 respectively to powerlevel alts with, if starting from scratch?

They say Chance Sacriers are #1 in the low Frigost mobs, such as city mobs and Mastogobs. Probably the way to go if you want to get your team to like 100-130 from scratch.

Ok so....i tried to play an elio in the past (was my main when i restarted) but i kept getting all frustrated and stressed out every turn because i didnt know how to portal and stand, leading to me class changing to cra ;) but i want to give it another shot as an alt but i have a question about builds.

Elios are best as mono or duo element? (not lvl 200) i didn't get very high level in the past only got to level like 60 before i got too stressed out lolz...anyways I need her to be chance or agility because of my team comp or should i go with agil/cha?

Edited by Strawberrie

seems to me most elios are mono. My personal favorite is pure agi with class belt. every int elio i've seen has been such because of access to a healing weapon. Only seen 1 str elio, and zero cha pures. That said, hybrid /omni seems to be totally reasonable, with no clashing between spells or redundancy, so i see no good reason not to (unlike fogger whos turret can only be 1 element at a time, or panda whos str/cha elements are a bit redundant...)

• Like 1

Proud Leader of Rosemary

I  can't be bothered to be active enough on imps to care enough to update signature..

Is it possible to reallocate characteristic points from scrolls now? Also is there a max level for f2p, do you know gaining xp when you reach level "x"? thanks

Resetting scrolled characteristic points is no longer possible, although characters logged for the first time after the characteristic scroll update are able to reallocate them.

There is no maximum level for f2p players, but due to the low number of higher level monsters, leveling becomes quite hard above level 60 (and the 200 battles per day isn't helping either).

Edited by Gravestorm

Steam.png     Discord3.png

Resetting scrolled characteristic points is no longer possible, although characters logged for the first time after the characteristic scroll update are able to reallocate them.

There is no maximum level for f2p players, but due to the low number of higher level monsters, leveling becomes quite hard above level 60 (and the 200 battles per day isn't helping either).

Thank you, i just wanted to know if the xp from achievements i get for my f2p alts wont go to waste if i use them.

yes

Proud Leader of Rosemary

I  can't be bothered to be active enough on imps to care enough to update signature..

What Piro said, but it's also not exactly damage. It's like rogue's last breath, it reduces your max HP temporarily (so it also can't be healed back).

"Eat a bomb, bish!"

200 steampunk cosplay200 panduh200 bomb-themed superhero200 ipop200 red magelots of abandoned 200s

I started over on Rushu and made my 4 man team.

I made 4 hunting bows and tried killing Tofus to get hunters leveled some and I'm not able to drop any meats from Tofus or Piwis. What am i supposed to start out killing? it used to be Tofus at first o.o

Edit: Never mind, I wasn't aware that I had to fight Incarnam based enemies until hunter level 10.

Edited by Dovahkiin

newsignature.png

Epic paint skills.

now that croum & scara are in the ogrin market.. how do you get the ormon??

I believe you get the hormone when you buy it, this should be the case because lots of people complained about the unavailability, but if it's not then you have to suck it up and buy from market

In response to my previous post, I did a little bit of digging and it turns out that the offer of pet + hormone pill was limited time, and you had to get it then, hence why you can't any more

Alright, I'm trying to figure out how these group idols work but I'm kind of stuck

I equip my idols

UUm7YhR.jpg

Go to the groups tab and select new. If I select an icon and click save, it saves an empty group of idols, even though I have them equipped (yes, I am group leader).

If you have idols equipped, aren't they supposed to show in 3rd tab?

Am I missing something, someone please enlighten me

oUOmOJK.jpg

You have to create them in solo mode and then you can save them

You have to create them in solo mode and then you can save them

Hero, thanks

Quest "Renewable energy" as a 199 Masq, currently using a Str set.

Tried dozens of times, and it feels as close to win as the first time. So far my best tries where using Guten Tak bow, but still very far from a win.

I can change set/element, use a incarnation (with one?) or just keep trying...

Edit: Currently in my best try I managed to beat two monsters, but unevitable lose.

Edited by MiraMan

Reality, next time you hit me, I will fight back!

you might need to hybridize with water, get some distance damage goin'. there's a good reason it suggests you be level 200 though :/

Proud Leader of Rosemary

Thanks for the reply.

I will not try this fight again until lvl 200 (currently 89%).

Any suggestion on set for this fight? I saw a thread on JoL recommending Nocturnowl Set, Cloak of Excuses, Guten Tag Bow, and assorted thropies.

Something else that can help?

Reality, next time you hit me, I will fight back!

I got a Profession Question for the Grinders!

~ How do you get a Miner from 100 -> 200 easy?

Throw suggestions please! :)

12/6/6/64

SaWf4TD.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proud Leader of: -Umbra-

Scammer Garbage: Goku

I'll throw a suggestion of mine, mine. =)

• Like 2

if you don't want to use any pods you can crush nuggets into orbs

Do you lose profession level with a death on Shadow?