• Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
bigbadnudist

Class change via ogrines.

Even still, I'd take the rescrolling over re-leeching anyday.

Couldn't agree more.

In regards to the argument, "But then we'd have level 200s who can't play their class," HELLO! Do you guys play this game? There are plenty of these already. They're the ones that leeched their [class here] at full Wis to 199~200 with their other 7 characters they can't play well. <_<

• Like 1

Ew. Yeah, I didn't look at it from that aspect, though, I rarely ever make suggestions that I can personally abuse. That's the job of you people :P

Even still, I'd take the rescrolling over re-leeching anyday.

Yeah, because you'd need to re-scroll any new alt anyway. :P

Yes even my chars were wis when they were created, would be stupid not to do, cause you want them to lvl fast, no?

Hail even my sac was wis, but it had no use whatsoever, ohyeah some map manipulation, but thats hit, it hits blew, and yeah thats what you expect when you're full wis.

My point, for the third time, when a char is full wis, it doesn't has it full potential then when you pump your points into elements, except for a few classes, like enus, I like my enu wis, even at 200, he has more wis than chance, but it did this for a purpose, not just to leech my guild.

Anyways, I don't want it to take 2x longer to get a sac 200 than to take an enu 200, but sacs full wis are in my opinion useless. So with this class change, anyone would make a class that is useful when full wis, then change it to the classes who are less useful when they're wis. And ever thought about how to play a certain class? You manage it skills by using it over and over again, adapt to the situations.

Yes, Sacs (and many other classes) are totally useless when full wisdom. Enus and Xelors are not. Why is it so offensive to you for a high level to make an Enu/Xelor, leech it up to 19x, then switch it to a Sac? You've given several reasons:

1) If you allow this, there's no variety in the game.

I already pointed out why this isn't a valid argument: a full wis character contributes nothing. So while a team of a full wisdom Sac, Iop, Sadi, and Feca would *technically* have more variety than a team of 4 full wisdom Enus.... none of them are going to be even doing anything but passing/dying so it's not like they contribute to the variety in the fight.

2) People should get to 200 the hard way!

You even said your characters start out as full wisdom, so I honestly don't know why you said this in a previous post. No one wants to get to 200 the hard way. -_-

And your latest argument: 3) People won't know how to play the class they switch to!

The people who have the resources to leech a character to 19x and then pay 9000 Ogrines to swap probably know how to play that character. And even if they don't for some reason, are you saying that a person who plays a full wisdom leech Sac from 1-199 is going to KNOW how to play that character?!? They haven't been fighting on it!

There's really no reason to oppose class changes on the basis of some classes having viable wisdom builds and some classes not.

• Like 3

Getting to 200 "the hard way" is getting to 200 before Otomai was released, when you couldn't reset, and people generally played one character...

Yeah, because you'd need to re-scroll any new alt anyway. :P

Yes, Sacs (and many other classes) are totally useless when full wisdom. Enus and Xelors are not. Why is it so offensive to you for a high level to make an Enu/Xelor, leech it up to 19x, then switch it to a Sac? You've given several reasons:

1) If you allow this, there's no variety in the game.

I already pointed out why this isn't a valid argument: a full wis character contributes nothing. So while a team of a full wisdom Sac, Iop, Sadi, and Feca would *technically* have more variety than a team of 4 full wisdom Enus.... none of them are going to be even doing anything but passing/dying so it's not like they contribute to the variety in the fight.

2) People should get to 200 the hard way!

You even said your characters start out as full wisdom, so I honestly don't know why you said this in a previous post. No one wants to get to 200 the hard way. -_-

And your latest argument: 3) People won't know how to play the class they switch to!

The people who have the resources to leech a character to 19x and then pay 9000 Ogrines to swap probably know how to play that character. And even if they don't for some reason, are you saying that a person who plays a full wisdom leech Sac from 1-199 is going to KNOW how to play that character?!? They haven't been fighting on it!

There's really no reason to oppose class changes on the basis of some classes having viable wisdom builds and some classes not.

You don't know where to give up do you.

all the arguements given before state my opinion, and it's not changing by anything what you said.

About the variety, if everyone makes a char that is easy to leech and at the same time useful, I don't think many of those classes are out there.

About the hard way, I've got a few chars 200 full wis, and yet I didn't enjoyed them as much. So 'the hard way' is much more enjoyable.

And about the 'you don't know how to play a certain class', you're basically telling, that everyone who has the funds to pay for 9000 ogrines can actually play the class they changed for? Thats absurd lol, anyone can leech a char to xxx and spend 3mk-ish to change its class, but that doesn't means they can actually play it.

Edited by Veldin

Vel your arguement doesn't matter, because it's none of your business if someone with a team changes A char to B class... that's their choice. It doesn't effect you. Whether someone re-leeches or could just have a class change, either way they will be changing up their team, which you aren't a part of, so mind your own.

• Like 1

Vel your arguement doesn't matter, because it's none of your business if someone with a team changes A char to B class... that's their choice. It doesn't effect you. Whether someone re-leeches or could just have a class change, either way they will be changing up their team, which you aren't a part of, so mind your own.

This will never be implemented, but if it would, this would affect everyone.

So this shit, is my concern too.

All classes are equally leechable. What do people do for exp anyway? Spam mastogob and such to level their leeches? Do you really think it matters if your leech sac is pure wis at this point? What good is a wis xelor in a place that has no requirements to AP rape? I had pure wis on all my chars at one point or another, doesn't make as huge a difference as you seem to think. Sac probably takes the hit hardest, but that's 1 out of 14 classes and still worked out for me. A leeching char is a leeching char, doesn't matter if it's a sac, cra, iop or eni. It's main job is to sit back and soak up exp, not be useful.

:< this is supposed to be ^ but I guess I hit new post instead of edit :D

Edited by VcentG

@ Veldin:

And anyone can leech a sac from 1 to 199 and still be unable to play it well. Actually, judging by the sacs in Kolossium, you can even solo account a sac and be fucking terrible at it.

Seriously, your points are already satisfied by the current system.

There's no variety in PvM, most 8-man teams include: Eni, Panda, Sac, Enu. Surprise, even yours does. Sprinkle damage dealers to taste, which generally is Cra and Iop. Surprise again, you've got those too. The last two slots are anything useful for your favorite content, and that changes every expansion. So essentially, you've got about 6 classes that everyone plays in their teams, and 2 open slots.

SUCH VARIETY RIGHT.

And again, "The Hard Way" is not having 7 other characters to do all the work while your current 1xx alt, wis or otherwise, spends the fight dead.

Edited by Sljm
  • Like 2

You don't know where to give up do you.

all the arguements given before state my opinion, and it's not changing by anything what you said.

About the variety, if everyone makes a char that is easy to leech and at the same time useful, I don't think many of those classes are out there.

About the hard way, I've got a few chars 200 full wis, and yet I didn't enjoyed them as much. So 'the hard way' is much more enjoyable.

And about the 'you don't know how to play a certain class', you're basically telling, that everyone who has the funds to pay for 9000 ogrines can actually play the class they changed for? Thats absurd lol, anyone can leech a char to xxx and spend 3mk-ish to change its class, but that doesn't means they can actually play it.

I don't know when to give up? You don't know when to give up. -_-

The whole point of this debate being in a class change thread is that people aren't going to keep their characters as Enus or Xelors -- they're going to chnage them into whatever class they wanted originally. So, yes, there might be some Enus and Xelors being leeched but they're not going to end up Enus/Xelors. Also, I doubt many people would even go through the trouble of making an Enu/Xelor and then changing it to another class at epic levels, because you don't really need MP/AP raping if you're spamming Mastogob souls. laugh.gif You're talking as if suddenly we'll see hordes of Enus and Xelors in wisdom gear at the arena...

No one ever said anything about what's enjoyable. Obviously being full wisdom is not fun, but it's efficient.

Also... when I say they know how to play the class they want to change to, I don't mean they have as much experience as someone who's played one for years, obviously. But they're not going to be completely clueless either. And like I mentioned earlier, a full wisdom leech isn't going to gain much knowledge of how to play their class either...

Edit: Well, apparently I'm taking too long to write my responses. laugh.gif

Edited by Jon

All classes are equally leechable. What do people do for exp anyway? Spam mastogob and such to level their leeches? Do you really think it matters if your leech sac is pure wis at this point? What good is a wis xelor in a place that has no requirements to AP rape? I had pure wis on all my chars at one point or another, doesn't make as huge a difference as you seem to think. Sac probably takes the hit hardest, but that's 1 out of 14 classes and still worked out for me. A leeching char is a leeching char, doesn't matter if it's a sac, cra, iop or eni. It's main job is to sit back and soak up exp, not be useful.

:< this is supposed to be ^ but I guess I hit new post instead of edit :D

Wis-builds do make a difference to me, even with hax gear they weren't as good as the other non-wis based chars, and you can see wis chars from both ways, leeching just to pass turns and soak up the exp, or being wis the be actually useful in ap/mp rape. So not every wis-char sits back and soaks up exp, well not in my team.

Yeah because AP removal is so totally viable in any level 180+ PvM content. Yup. Sure is.

@ Veldin:

And anyone can leech a sac from 1 to 199 and still be unable to play it well. Actually, judging by the sacs in Kolossium, you can even solo account a sac and be fucking terrible at it.

Seriously, your points are already satisfied by the current system.

There's no variety in PvM, most 8-man teams include: Eni, Panda, Sac, Enu. Surprise, even yours does. Sprinkle damage dealers to taste, which generally is Cra and Iop. Surprise again, you've got those too. The last two slots are anything useful for your favorite content, and that changes every expansion. So essentially, you've got about 6 classes that everyone plays in their teams, and 2 open slots.

SUCH VARIETY RIGHT.

And again, "The Hard Way" is not having 7 other characters to do all the work while your current 1xx alt, wis or otherwise, spends the fight dead.

Actually that is variety, it's not about everyone has those classes, since each of those chars are the key to a fast/stable victory. When there's no variety it would go like 'Hey 40% of the sever are enu's'

I don't know when to give up? You don't know when to give up. -_-

The whole point of this debate being in a class change thread is that people aren't going to keep their characters as Enus or Xelors -- they're going to chnage them into whatever class they wanted originally. So, yes, there might be some Enus and Xelors being leeched but they're not going to end up Enus/Xelors. Also, I doubt many people would even go through the trouble of making an Enu/Xelor and then changing it to another class at epic levels, because you don't really need MP/AP raping if you're spamming Mastogob souls. laugh.gif You're talking as if suddenly we'll see hordes of Enus and Xelors in wisdom gear at the arena...

No one ever said anything about what's enjoyable. Obviously being full wisdom is not fun, but it's efficient.

Also... when I say they know how to play the class they want to change to, I don't mean they have as much experience as someone who's played one for years, obviously. But they're not going to be completely clueless either. And like I mentioned earlier, a full wisdom leech isn't going to gain much knowledge of how to play their class either...

Edit: Well, apparently I'm taking too long to write my responses. laugh.gif

You just want to minimalise the effort, and maximize the price.

Now THAT's being lazy.

Edited by Veldin

This will never be implemented, but if it would, this would affect everyone.

So this shit, is my concern too.

How would this affect you?

- Ankama makes a huge profit of this because people buy a lot of strokens.

- The community is happy because they can change their shitty class to something better without wasting hour and hours of their life.

Yeah because AP removal is so totally viable in any level 180+ PvM content. Yup. Sure is.

Yeah it's not, why spend AP on ap-raping when you can hit in the meanwhile.

Xelors are used for the ap-bonus, nothing more, AP removal isn't viable anymore since all of those monster got 1. A shitton of AP 2. A shitton of ap reduction resis.

All I do care, is MP removal

Edited by Veldin

You just want to minimalise the effort, and maximize the price.

Now THAT's being lazy.

Maximize the price? Wha-? Why would ANYONE want to do that? -_-

And of course I want to be efficient (aka minimizing effort) when leeching up a new character. A level 120 Sac is not fun to play with, even if it's not full wisdom.

Actually that is variety, it's not about everyone has those classes, since each of those chars are the key to a fast/stable victory. When there's no variety it would go like 'Hey 40% of the sever are enu's'

Um, no. Because:

Hey, 40% of the server plays Eni+Sac+Panda+Enu

Maximize the price? Wha-? Why would ANYONE want to do that? -_-

And of course I want to be efficient (aka minimizing effort) when leeching up a new character. A level 120 Sac is not fun to play with, even if it's not full wisdom.

Just leech it higher and put it in a proper set when you think he's fun to play with.

Um, no. Because:

Hey, 40% of the server plays Eni+Sac+Panda+Enu

Go run bear or father whupper without one of those 4 classes, good luck.

Go run bear or father whupper without one of those 4 classes, good luck.

Exactly my point. Everyone plays these classes, they're useful and/or necessary for most PvM content. This is not variety, bro.

Yeah, you can leech your sac higher than 120, because every class is useless at level 120 in a team of 199s.

How is this the same as a 189 Xelor who has been playing since 2006 changing class to a Masqueraider because Ankama apparently wants Xelors to be one of the most useless classes in PvM (because they're still top tier in PvP)?

Edited by Sljm

What about an 8 team that consist out of 8enus?

More variety to you?

It's something other than Eni+Sac+Panda+Enu+Iop+Cra, so yeah, different is variety.

That said, that team already exists, it's popping Dragon Pig souls in the arena right now. And also being played by zrednic, but not after Greed won't stack.

We're talking about different things. You're talking about variety in micro, within a singe team. What I'm saying is your micro-variety of an 8-man team with 8 different classes isn't variety in the context of the entire Dofus community because 6 of the 8 classes in that team are in virtually every team.

Edited by Sljm

There's no variety because frigost dungeons need those chars as already said before. Unlees you play 3 or more fecas, you'll need an Eni. Everyone plays Panda because he vulns and places mobs for staff / hammer AoE = Much faster fights.

Almost anyone try new things, because those 4/5 classes are what makes fights go smoothly and fast.

About the class change, I don't know... it can be fun, but people will abuse from it, unless the restrictions are really really tight.

• Like 1

well thats not what I meant with variety.

About the class change, I don't know... it can be fun, but people will abuse from it, unless the restrictions are really really tight.

Now that's what I like (:

There's no variety because frigost dungeons need those chars as already said before. Unlees you play 3 or more fecas, you'll need an Eni. Everyone plays Panda because he vulns and places mobs for staff / hammer AoE = Much faster fights.

Almost anyone try new things, because those 4/5 classes are what makes fights go smoothly and fast.

I'm curious.

How will people abuse this?

Just give them a paper like Dopple reset.

1 choice reset.