• Banana
  • Imps Green
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Clouds

Korriander tactics

Korriander is being rushed in a lot of videos, but why?

Also, what are the best tactics for Korriander?

Because he summons things that have a pushback and that if pushed will push everyone in line with them, kinda deadly with all those gliphs. He also revives, iirc.

Dont know if it still works that way, only seen vids of a few months ago.

So yeah, annoying enough to be killed first.

Edited by Lotuz

Yea, he still revives. Keep EVERYTHING else MP raped. don't let Drama get linear on anyone, don't let first get near your team since he's annoying. If you have a panda and Feca, toss everything far away onto an MP glyph, except Korri. If you have an enu, Bribe his butt for that free turn of wailing on him. Also, be sure the Panda uses Stabil on him so your team is free to CC him without worry of a lock. After the bribe turn, keep his MP low so prevent any annoying foibles. Should be dead somewhere around turn 3 if your damage is pooballs like mine.

Korriander is being rushed in a lot of videos, but why?

Also, what are the best tactics for Korriander?

The answer to your second question is right there in your first.

As for why people blitzkreig the room, it's because you don't have an awful lot of time. Each player creates a 1sq glyph at the start of their turn which remains there for the entire fight or until that player dies. The glyphs kill any player that ends their turn on them, which progressively becomes harder to do as each round up to 8 more squares become death-glyphs. Korri himself also has an attack that hits harder the lower his HP is, revives a limited number of allies on low health and summons an obnoxious creature that causes linear pushback from any range if hit.

The Sporachnee's off-turn pushback is only caused when you push him, not when hitting him. :x Otherwise, whipping him would've sucked. :D

Edited by -Sydney-

The few times we won in korriander we always had panda and sacrier trap monsters using clump and the bottleneck at the left corner. Korriander and its summon are the first things to throw in the trap, followed by whatever comes near and can't be killed fast. Our team usually had good air damage so serpulas died fast. Korriander can revive, but if it's behind more than one (or two?) monsters in the trap, it can only revive inside the trap so that doesn't matter. Then we let korriander out, take its MP and kill it, and finish what's left. This lowers received damage a lot, and we were able to do it without eni one time, finishing the majority of the fight with just 4 characters alive. With changes to karcham, stabilization, acceleration, cooperation etc this strategy will become harder to use, but blitzing will probably be affected too.

I think when korriander attracts a player, it puts a one-turn debuff on them so that every attempt to do damage on that player will result in an additional 500 HP loss. For example if that player uses stimulating word, and two fungores use their global attack at full HP which usually does no damage, the player will lose 500 HP 3 times for that turn. So it's really important to prevent or plan for it.

Edited by Happida

You don't want monsters that can push/pull still alive when half the map is filled with glyphs. I just kill him first to get rid of his pull + arachnes. Also he hits a ton if you let the person he casts Arepee on get hit.

I finally passed this dungeon yesterday with my team.

The way I did it was keeping treecherous, dramanita, fistulina and serpulas far away with cra, sadida and enu while the rest focused on Korriander in the first 4 turns.

Sadly, my poor little chars aren't very strong yet (even though they're all above level 190) and can't dish out huge damage in 1 turn so it actually took me 4 turns to kill Korriander with Iop's wrath.

Important things to take care of is stabilizing Korriander so you can move around him without problem of ending your turn on the wrong tile.

Best to also use panda to throw anything else that comes near until Korriander is dead and of course vulns to Korriander.

Try to AP buff all your damage chars with eni in 1st turn or other buffer class for more damage output which helps alot in finishing Korriander faster.

I used Bribery on the turn before Wrath so he couldn't hit my chars since he hits harder when he has low HP.

Always being careful not to step on the wrong tiles!

After Korriander finally died at 4th turn it was time to kill the rest. I went for Fistulina first cause it was the one nearest to me. After it I went for Treecherous which is a MAJOR pain with that AP rape AOE.

Sadly after that my Iop died and so did my Eca which made it a bit more troubling but fortunately I still had sac and panda alive to take care of serpulas.

I managed to keep dramanita far away from LOS of that horrid poison so I actually only killed Dramanita after Serpulas. Once that was done Fungores were next. Fortunately my agi/str sac and str/agi panda could finish those off pretty fast before I ran out of death-free tiles.

But definitely my advice is kill Korriander first. Just be careful where you step and try your best to keep others away and once Korriander is dead it gets a bit easier cause then it's totally up to you to keep your chars in safe spots with no more spiders pushing you to deadly glyphs. After Korri work on the others 1 at a time.

I prefer to kill Treecherous fast after korriander cause of the AoE AP rape and then fistulina or dramanita ASAP if you can't keep it away from you.

Careful with Serpulas because you CANNOT hit them with spells unless you're 100% sure the attack will kill them. If you hit them with spells and it doesn't kill them you and your whole team get teleported back to the original starting positions (where a deadly glyph now is) and there's really nothing that can save you then.

Fungores you leave for last because they pretty much don't do anything unless you attack them. So leave them for last and don't hit them until you decide that it's time to kill them.

Edited by JGaspar

God what a freaking PAIN of a dungeon. >.<

is it possible to run korriander dungeon with a panda?? if so can any1 show me a video/explain to me how to do it/show me in the game. I'd very much like your replies, my ing is bwancia so pm me if u want

hi, you can try drawing out some inspiration from this video:

it’s 3 years old and very outdated (especially with multiple revamps to serpula), but it should give u some idea, and with newer sets and shields u should be capable of dealing better dmg and having better stats compensating all the revamps, gl

1 hour ago, Quadro said:

hi, you can try drawing out some inspiration from this video:

it’s 3 years old and very outdated (especially with multiple revamps to serpula), but it should give u some idea, and with newer sets and shields u should be capable of dealing better dmg and having better stats compensating all the revamps, gl

Nice reply after 7 years :^) (^:

Edited by Mitsue
Jk ik u were talking to the guy on top
  • Haha 3