Favourite Quotes

Let's continue the topic from the previous forum! Link.

Caroline Wozniacki seems glad to be in my avatar.

40001.strip.gif

A tennis fan (Federer, Djokovic, Wozniacki, Azarenka and Lisicki!)

And the legendary Steffi Graf!

"Because once you're seven or ten less-well trodden paths from that first, the path has become so faint that you might not actually be on a path at all. And if you are now walking through that virgin forest of originality, then you have strayed well." - Jasper Fforde

And of course:

"Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good luck." - The Doctor

Edited by Tuna

"One needs the bottom feeders I suppose."

"A puppet cannot see his strings."

"Death Is a mere street performer!"

-Suresh Sheti, Bioshock 2

"I'll eat your raw feckin' heart!"

"Catchin a lot of shit today!"

-Zigo D' Acosta, Bioshock 2

"A man lives, a slave obeys!"

-Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

"My brain is the key that sets my mind free."

-Harry Houdini.

I can go on forever but there are so many to choose from.

I'll add one more humorous quote from 'A Bit of Fry and Laurie':

"The pants first, always pants first. Then socks. Then shoes, trousers, shirt, tie... Possibly a hat... But only if I'm really hungry."

Caroline Wozniacki seems glad to be in my avatar.

40001.strip.gif

A tennis fan (Federer, Djokovic, Wozniacki, Azarenka and Lisicki!)

And the legendary Steffi Graf!

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." - C.S Lewis

"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers."

Charles W. Eliot

"A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child. - The Knights of Pythagoras

200 Iop - Villainy / 200 Cra - Knavery / 200 Enu - Impiety / 200 Eni - Delinquency

FORUaMh.png

The Spooky Skeleton Society

I really hope nobody quotes themselves.

"I was on a train on a rainy day. The train was slowing down to pull into a station. For some reason, I became intent on watching the raindrops on the window. Two separate drops, pushed by the wind, merged into one for a moment and then divided again - each carrying with it a part of the other. Simply by that momentary touching, neither was what it had been before. And as each one went on to touch other raindrops, it shared not only itself, but what it had gleaned from the other. I saw this metaphor many years ago and it is one of my most vivid memories. I realized then that we never touch people so lightly that we do not leave a trace." -- Peggy Tabor Millin in her book, Mary's Way

bcIKtzE.pngproud grandmother to two beautiful children! i love corresponding to my siblings and friends on the internet and getting cheap deals on ebay. a good trick is to serch for things that people spells wrong! if you are looking for "nice chairs" you can search for "nice chiars" and you can get a bargain.

if you cant handle me at my worst then you dont deserve me at my best!

No idea if this counts or anything. We started playing that game that they play in Inglorious Bastards, and we were on the subject of black women (Because I am trying to guess who my character is and it was Halle Barry), and we were talking about black women we would fuck, and someone mentioned Harriet Tubman, so then someone said this. "I would not fuck Harriet Tubman, she looks like E.T. with a towel on his head." Made everyone laugh.

7c058c8a.jpg

• 1 month later...

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" - Cave Johnson.

• Like 1

Emeute

zUX4GBQ.png

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk? "

-Dirty Harry

• 2 weeks later...

Prepare for some major geek:

"It does no good to dwell on dreams and forget to live"

- Albus Dumbledore.

"I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat it and be happy... "

- Mean Girls

Baemax 199 Cha Panda | Jenova 200 Str/Int Iop | Pluto 14x Wisnub Eca

• 3 months later...

Revive this!

"She had a pretty gift for quotation, which is a serviceable substitute for wit."

Why William, thank you!

gif_hi.gif

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Albert Camus

There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Albert Einstein

Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.

Dr. Seuss

My personal favourite: Run awayyy! Oh no! - Worms :D

Edited by Kripticula

(Ros)Kripticula - 19x Sadida - Proud member of Heaven Knights

• 9 years later...