• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Imps Green
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Register for the 4v4 'Echominator' PvP tournament! Registration closes on Friday, June 1st. [Click Here] for more information!

Sign in to follow this  
Magical Eskimo

Fix up some dungeons already

Was going to post this a while ago, but stuff happened. Anyways, not important. There are some problems with dungeon that from a players perspective, you go "this sucks" or "what the hell were the devs thinking". Just going to patch them here in no particular order.

Tofu Dungeon - The maze room. Get rid of it already. It's tedious, a waste of time and just flat out annoying. I cannot even fathom why the devs would think it's a good idea. This one also leads on to...

Scaraleaf Dungeon - The maze room. Yeah, you get the picture.

Larva Dungeon - The skin tiles. Yes, it was interesting the first time, but does it really have to be in there now? We just want to run through our dungeons without having to stop, and wait, and drop a skin, then move, then position our character, then drop a skin, then move and postion... and so on and so forth ON TWO SIDES. Just cut out the tiles all together, but leave the levers. I don't see any problem with a team split.

Crackler Dungeon - The reduced starting positions. Yes, again it might be interesting the first time, but when you just want run the dungeon, the last thing people want to do is constantly be dividing up teams the entire time. Doing it once like the Larva dungeon or Kitsou isn't too bad, but doing it every time? Eight starting positions, leave it at that. On the issue of the invisible bridge, I say leave it in because it's like Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, but lose the one tile at a time thing.

Canidae Dungeon - Off the nooby stuff now. Lots of useless rooms where all you do is run to the other end. Boring. Cut them out.

Dragon Pig Dungeon - Lots of empty rooms again. Also, I find the maze a bit of a joke. You might say "well it is the way to get a chance of a Dofus". Yeah, Minotoror's maze is the same, except at the end of that, the Minotoror is right there, no dungeon at all, BOOM! right in your face. I say cut the maze and the empty rooms.

Koolich Dungeon - Why this dungeon is so far out of the way is beyond me. Yes, it used to give you the parts where you could go to Skeunk afterwards, however that isn't the case anymore. Most dungeons are "yep, that one looks good, I'll do that one." Koolich isn't the case. At least make it accessible from a more convenient place.

Dreggon Dungoen - All in all, it's not a bad dungeon. My only gripe is it's a bit too long. Maybe chop out one or two of the rooms would be nice, and throw in some of the monsters that drop the mats for the keys in there. Reduce the drop rate for them from 100% obviously.

Kimbo's Canopy - This one is directly relating to Kimbo itself. I'm sure everyone is familiar with the checkerboard glyph thingy. I thought it was a bit much to have an insta-KO for such a minor mistake. Instead have it do some massive damage.

Tynril Lab - Mentioned this one before. Move the starting positions so that people won't be dying the first round.

Firefoux Dungeon - Now this is a loooooooong dungeon, mostly due to the fact that ALL the mobs are what I, and most other people, would consider to be the size of the final room before Peki. Yes, it was one of those things Ankama decided would be interesting with their firefacts, but again it sucks. Make it like all the other dungeons, small mob one end, big mob the other and the boss at the end. Maybe I should be come a dev.

And finally for all frigost dungeons, get rid of the rediculous, idiotic, tedious, mundane requirements to remove the boss' invulnderability. We don't need to give them any HP nerfs or anything like that, we just want to be able to blow the shit out of them from the start.

• Like 1

As a level 200 I agree with most of of the points however, you forgot lurgi. Also all these factors make all the pre-frigost dungeons pointless. Thank god we have bunch...

hmmm interesting... most of the stuff n the prefrig dungs are pointless however dreg is perfect (my favorite dung)

I cannot agree with anything you mentioned but with larva dungeon.

If you want brainless repetition then play any other MMO, preferably hack'n'slash.

It is dofus, turn based strategy MMO game.

I cannot agree with anything you mentioned but with larva dungeon.

If you want brainless repetition then play any other MMO, preferably hack'n'slash.

I kind of agree with this.

Sure some of these things may be tedious and even boring, but it's part of what gives this game it's atmosphere, and if I have to sit through 30 seconds of someone placing a larva skin or running to the other end of a room in order to expand on the atmosphere, I'm fine with that.

Eidt: Although I do think that the fact that some of these dungeons take 2-3 hours to complete is a little to much. (Mainly frigost ones)

Edited by Hyphy-Shield

So running through empty rooms and doing the retarded dragon pig maze isn't repetitive and brainless? I fail to see how things like these pathetic mazes and such have ANYTHING to do with dofus being a turn based strategy MMO. There is no strategy involved! They're exactly as you've said other MMOs are, brainless and repetitive. It doesn't take a genius to navigate through the tofu maze. It does take someone who doesn't feel like ripping their hair out because a tofu won't move, so they kill it, and it respawn in .0001 of a second and they're constantly being screwed over by it or someone who doesn't mind running the DP maze 1 at a time because it was just SO HORRIBLE previously where the entire group could go all at once.

The basic point is, all these retarded additions to the game they've done are exactly what makes them brainless and repetitive, and for what? "Oh cool, an empty room! I've seen it a million times, but because this one doesn't have monsters its SO MUCH COOLER... WATCH ME RUN TO THE OTHER SIDE GUYS!!! ARE YOU WATCHING? HERE I GO!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEE THAT WAS FUN"... no. It's not like that. Remove 'em.

I agree with most of the above except possibly croca, it takes a bit but... dungeon length is good. What's boring is a 5 minute dungeon. Tynrils should pass their first turns or SOMETHING because that's ridiculous. The only reason it's even doable these days is because they're so retarded they usually vuln people they can't reach. Crackler, yes it's lame, but I think its to slow down diamond farmers. If those rooms didn't exist, I'd run 8 chars through crackler and get 4-5 diamonds a run, where as now it sucks so much I have to use 4 and get 2-2.5. Everything else you said is spot on. I'm surprised you didn't mention skeunk though =P.

Hrmm where to start. Oh where to start. I'll go for it!

Ankama should get rid of the tedious aspect, but they should also make these things to be run once a week. By that I mean, that you could run a circuit of dungeons once a week and still be totally satisfied in xp gain/drops/experience.

What they should be going for is something that's fun and perhaps slightly different every month or so (eg, change the types of mobs every month).

My idea of a fantastic dungeon? Here goes:

Soft oak, should be redesigned into a dungeon that a group of 8 can do in 2 hours. If you're looking to do it for a set, then you'd need to do say, a half dozen quests beforehand (one for each set piece). At the end of the run, you should have enough mats to go make that set, but you'd only ever be able to do that quest once.

That whole experience could be setup so that any one person can make a soft oak set in about a month or so. Honestly, all of the dungeons and sets should be setup similarly. I don't think people's sets should be made out of grind-fests. o_O

Something similar should be true about turquoise dofuses. Perhaps what could be done is a set of quests, then based on progress of the other quests your likelihood to replace a low dofus with a higher one is raised. Eg, if you're a level 200 and you've done most of the set quests, you have a 90% chance of ending up with a maximum turquoise dofus at the end. If you're a level 100 and you've done only a couple of quests, you could still end up with a max dofus but you probably won't.

As for things like mazes, switches, and funny squares? I love them! But I can see why others would hate them.

What would be neat is if Ankama setup their wiki in such a way that you get rewards for pioneering newly changed content. :(

I remember way back in the old Dofus days, if you grinded/camped an area, the rate of xp and drops would start to go down hardcore at some point. I still feel this should be the case, but there really shouldn't be a need to grind in a game like it. <<

Edited by Kyanche

The basic point is, all these retarded additions to the game they've done are exactly what makes them brainless and repetitive, and for what? "Oh cool, an empty room! I've seen it a million times, but because this one doesn't have monsters its SO MUCH COOLER... WATCH ME RUN TO THE OTHER SIDE GUYS!!! ARE YOU WATCHING? HERE I GO!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEE THAT WAS FUN"... no. It's not like that. Remove 'em.

I am so putting this in my sig. This is just win.

On topic: I think one dungeon you guys didnt mention needs a fix. Peki! I recently ran it the other day, and ALL the mobs took me at least 20-30 minutes per mob to kill. This was pushing borderline rediculous, if they cut the mobs in half, it would still be a challenge, but it wouldnt take 2 hours for a single dungeon run.

Edited by Nomez

On topic: I think one dungeon you guys didnt mention needs a fix. Peki! I recently ran it the other day, and ALL the mobs took me at least 20-30 minutes per mob to kill. This was pushing borderline rediculous, if they cut the mobs in half, it would still be a challenge, but it wouldnt take 2 hours for a single dungeon run.

I mentioned it already, but I'll quote that part for you.

Firefoux Dungeon - Now this is a loooooooong dungeon, mostly due to the fact that ALL the mobs are what I, and most other people, would consider to be the size of the final room before Peki. Yes, it was one of those things Ankama decided would be interesting with their firefacts, but again it sucks. Make it like all the other dungeons, small mob one end, big mob the other and the boss at the end. Maybe I should be come a dev.
Crackler, yes it's lame, but I think its to slow down diamond farmers. If those rooms didn't exist, I'd run 8 chars through crackler and get 4-5 diamonds a run, where as now it sucks so much I have to use 4 and get 2-2.5. Everything else you said is spot on. I'm surprised you didn't mention skeunk though =P.

I don't think they had diamond farmers in mind when they made that dungeon; it's been like that from the beginning. But isn't the only reason people run the crackler dungeon is to harvest diamond stones? As for Skeunk, it is a guaranteed Dofus, but if you're refering to the grind just to get to the entrance, how about making the regular koalaks non-agro, but leave the Agony and graveyard koalaks agro. But if you were going on about the Sadidettes, I never really payed much attention to them. I'll be honest and say that I don't run Skeunk that often, but I usually have the brooches from a previous soul.

The croca suggestion is a bit petty, but that's what most people say when I mention running it. But I do think the dungeon could use a bit of an overhaul.

I have to agree with most of your points stated out here, good job! <_<

I don't think they had diamond farmers in mind when they made that dungeon; it's been like that from the beginning. But isn't the only reason people run the crackler dungeon is to harvest diamond stones?

Honestly, I don't see any other point to it. I mean aside from farming the drops. (Which 9.9/10 people are going for the expensive stones to sell/use). Of course there's the boss drops, but there aren't many of those required for much of anything people actually make. So I don't know but... it seems like a dungeon mainly for people who need stones.

As for Skeunk, it is a guaranteed Dofus, but if you're refering to the grind just to get to the entrance, how about making the regular koalaks non-agro, but leave the Agony and graveyard koalaks agro. But if you were going on about the Sadidettes, I never really payed much attention to them. I'll be honest and say that I don't run Skeunk that often, but I usually have the brooches from a previous soul

Indeed it is. I don't really mind the dungeon or the trip in itself... I do kind of mind BOTH of them though. I have souls but don't crack them open (dunno why) so I always do the sadidette rooms. It seems a liiiiittle bit silly for it to take so long to get there, and then have it be so ridiculously long inside. But as you said, guaranteed dofus, so who can complain (aside from when I rolled a bunch of 6-7 PP ones >=( )

I actually think Skeunk is pretty awesome, although I agree the maze to it should be half as long at most ><_<

As a level 200 I agree with most of of the points however, you forgot lurgi. Also all these factors make all the pre-frigost dungeons pointless. Thank god we have bunch...

What does lurgi have to do with anything?

I agree that the tengu boss is a bit retarded to set-up, but I guess it makes you need more diverse classes or some such shit. I'd rather them get rid of the ridiculous run times to every dungeon. From the carrier to the tengu entrance is ~50 maps. It's bullshit.

What does lurgi have to do with anything?

No clue, I did the lurgi quest on all my chars and just renew it every week by running mastogob. *shrug* Not much of a hassle. I've been meaning to do the quest to get rid of it permanently but well... a slacker slacks.

I did the perma one. It was torture :) Worth every minute, though. I'd be pissed every time the vaccine ran out so it was mandatory for me to do it! Lol

What would be neat is if Ankama setup their wiki in such a way that you get rewards for pioneering newly changed content. ;)

Ankama doesn't have a wiki. The Dofus wiki is an unofficial site, and not affiliated in any way with Ankama.

However, if you update content, you may find yourself receiving thanks from the Dofus wiki admins!

I agree that the tengu boss is a bit retarded to set-up, but I guess it makes you need more diverse classes or some such shit. I'd rather them get rid of the ridiculous run times to every dungeon. From the carrier to the tengu entrance is ~50 maps. It's bullshit.

Okay seriously, WHAT THE FUCK IS THE TOPIC STARTER THINKING ABOUT!? As Bigbadnudist said that some of the friggy bosses are a bit retarded, but what is really retarded is the walks.

And what would friggy dungeons be without invuneralbe bosses? NOTHING. If you really want a boss who is always vunerable go spam Korri.

No clue, I did the lurgi quest on all my chars and just renew it every week by running mastogob. *shrug* Not much of a hassle. I've been meaning to do the quest to get rid of it permanently but well... a slacker slacks.

Lurgi is annoying yeah, but seriously The Vaccine is not that hard to do, and even easier to renew.

As for the other mazes and such I agree a bit more, but as Kya said it creates the dofus feeling. Your really asking Ankama to remove alot of the things that makes this game special.

And just because some of these suggestions are so stupid, I'm gonna quote myself again: "WHAT THE FUCK IS THE TOPIC STARTER THINKING ABOUT!?"

Edit: Sorry if this offends anyone, but I really feel that this is stupid.

Edited by Irexop

Okay seriously, WHAT THE FUCK IS THE TOPIC STARTER THINKING ABOUT!? As Bigbadnudist said that some of the friggy bosses are a bit retarded, but what is really retarded is the walks.

And what would friggy dungeons be without invuneralbe bosses? NOTHING. If you really want a boss who is always vunerable go spam Korri.

Lurgi is annoying yeah, but seriously The Vaccine is not that hard to do, and even easier to renew.

As for the other mazes and such I agree a bit more, but as Kya said it creates the dofus feeling. Your really asking Ankama to remove alot of the things that makes this game special.

And just because some of these suggestions are so stupid, I'm gonna quote myself again: "WHAT THE FUCK IS THE TOPIC STARTER THINKING ABOUT!?"

Edit: Sorry if this offends anyone, but I really feel that this is stupid.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!? Yeah, I can write in caps too. So, you think having a maze full of agro monsters that has no purpose but to slow you down is not stupid? You think long tedious mazes which only delay you getting to the start of a mundane dungeon is fun? You find idiotic logic to kill a monster intelligent? You find empty rooms exciting? Seriously, what the fuck are you talking about?

I agree with most of it except the frigost dungeons thing, if we didn't have to do crazy stuff to get them vuln it would ruin some of the excitement of the game :/

My 2 cents:

Frigost, and even Otomai dungeons are out of hand with the ridiculously convoluted methods needed to remove vulnerability from bosses, however I also see the necessity of adding difficulty since without the invuln. states you can fairly easily beat the shit out of the bosses and kill them right away. I think there needs to be a compromise where there is still a high level of difficulty without having to do the hokey pokey to hurt something.

As to the lower level dungeons with mazes and empty rooms, well you said it yourself its fun the first time. There are new players coming into the game constantly and there are always people having the thrill and exasperation of doing those dungeons for the first time. I tend to believe that the developers look at those dungeons from the perspective of the level of player that they are intended for. If I was a dev I wouldn't really care if a level 200 thought that a level 60 dungeon was annoying. There is nothing fun about grinding low level dungeons and getting rid of a few of the things that make them tedious to you won't make it any better really, it will just make things a little faster and even easier in a game which is already pretty easy.

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!? Yeah, I can write in caps too. So, you think having a maze full of agro monsters that has no purpose but to slow you down is not stupid? You think long tedious mazes which only delay you getting to the start of a mundane dungeon is fun? You find idiotic logic to kill a monster intelligent? You find empty rooms exciting? Seriously, what the fuck are you talking about?

Let me just take short quotes of what I mentioned in the post that you quoted:

"As for the other mazes and such I agree a bit more, but as Kya said it creates the dofus feeling. Your really asking Ankama to remove alot of the things that makes this game special." By this (and Bigbadnudists "From the carrier to the tengu entrance is ~50 maps. It's bullshit." quote) I pretty much agreed that the mazes is not fun, but is a part of the game and what makes it special. Some people just has an easier time getting used to it than others.

But what makes me cry like a little girl is when you start on removing frigost bosses invunerable state. Is "You find idiotic logic to kill a monster intelligent?" directed at frigost? If so, I agree with you that it doesn't make alot of sense that a giant needs a summon to hit him before he can take dmg. But cmon, its a game (even a french one), it doesnt need to make any sense.

And you havent answered me; What would Frigost be without invunerability? Just some random monsters with spells about the same as already existing monsters, just better. With such 'few' aspects of diffrence between Monsters you have to be innovative and find new ways to make your new creations glance in the world of twelwe. And thats exactly what Ankama did!

so from what i hear... take out all useless parts of dungeons? so that to me means take out everything except boss room cause its only useful thing there and groups have no trouble beating the dungeon to get there( pre frig dungs)

Right, but lvl 60s also find these low level mazes and bullshit annoying. Sure, I'm 200, but I was low leveled and it was even more annoying back then because I actually ran tofu for exp. One run took me over 2 hours because of that fucked up maze. I never fell it, the tofus just REFUSED to fucking move. It's pointless.

Right, but lvl 60s also find these low level mazes and bullshit annoying. Sure, I'm 200, but I was low leveled and it was even more annoying back then because I actually ran tofu for exp. One run took me over 2 hours because of that fucked up maze. I never fell it, the tofus just REFUSED to fucking move. It's pointless.

Again, those things are part of the game, if you remove them, it loses its value (yeah, I do believe it has one).

And yes I admit these things are boring, but you just gotta live with it. That's whats most of us do instead of complaining about it.

You think long tedious mazes which only delay you getting to the start of a mundane dungeon is fun?

The maze takes about 2mins to pass 8 chars, it's no big deal, really.

Edited by Veldin

And yes I admit these things are boring, but you just gotta live with it. That's whats most of us do instead of complaining about it.

As you may have guessed, I'd much rather try to do something about it than fold.

The maze takes about 2mins to pass 8 chars, it's no big deal, really.

I was talking in terms of Koolich and the like.