• Banana
  • Emerald
  • Ankama Brown
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Kyek

Server ON FIRE.

Howdy Imps!

So if you tried to get your fill of Impsy goodness at all today, you probably noticed that the server was down. A lot. All day long, for those of you in my hemisphere.

It turns out that our server actually caught fire. Our primary hard drive burst into flames and MELTED all through the system. ...or.. you know... it might have just quietly stopped working and didn't catch fire at all, but what's the fun in that? I prefer to think there was a very dramatic explosion, and some dude was walking away from it in slow motion.

All kidding aside, though, the hard drive DID fail, resulting in today's downtime. But not to fear, because way back when Imps started, I set us up with a RAID array, meaning we had a backup hard drive hanging out this whole time, copying the main hard drive exactly, ready to jump in and save our forum just in a case like this. All the posts the forum went offline with should be here now. Unfortunately, this means that the server will need to be taken down for 4-6 hours in the future to add a fresh backup drive to keep us safe, but that should be the last major downtime. Unless something else in the server catches on fire and MELTS. ...it could happen.

I can't guarantee when the repair downtime will happen for sure, but I'll do my best to make sure it happens in the off-peak (around 1am-7am EDT, 5am-11am GMT), and that it doesn't happen Friday or Saturday night.

Thanks for bearing with me, guys! As soon as I post this, I'm going to bring IRC back online and set up my own paranoid backup system just in case this hard drive fails while there's no new backup drive attached.

Cheers!

Your friendly neighborhood frazzled blue Sadida

Thanks for all your hard work, Kyekpooikins. Let us know if you need extra fire extinguishers. Or vodka, that puts out flames, right? I know a great place to test the theory...

Kyekpooikins

Yrona and "Kyekpooikins" confirmed for gay straight couple.

edit: Sorry Yrona

Edited by Skippeh

Thanks for the hard work, it's good to see Kyek is still alive and watching out for us :) Best wishes and thanks so much for the excellent paranoia. It's always good when it pays off and makes you look super prepared! <3

Find me in WakfuSnausages, of the Nation of Brakmar!NOX

kPXyw.pngomfg.jpg

SnaussySiggy.jpg

lv 197 Nabby Osamodas, Gay

God Hates Me 'Cos I Masticate My Mastogobbly, and I'm O.K. With That!

Even an Osamodas Shouldn't be This Queer.

I prefer to think there was a very dramatic explosion, and some dude was walking away from it in slow motion.

Lol if only xD

Wondered why things were down, its not like im meant to be doing work at work... right? Glad everythings ok though, and lucky that you were paranoid and had a backup in place!

Now... if only the server at work would melt!

Completely Returned

Swedish accented, Italian looking, possibily Asian, 100% English Xelor!!

Amun-ra - 200!!!

Nao - 19x (killed by the password hack)

On Good Old Shika

hahafour.jpg

Cheers!

Your friendly neighborhood frazzled blue Sadida

^ Someone give this guy a parfait buffet.

stillstaring.jpgStaring at Walls: It's still what Enus Do. ....and,

mtvpregnant.jpg

All CHANCE enus are drop whores. If they wanted to be good at dealing damage, they'd change builds.

Good job with the backup Kyek.

Thanks so much for the hard work. :)

LOVE & MAYA

Part of INT Alliance

OscarLey Feca 200 | Percival-Lowell Enutrof 200 | Amroth-Elensar Cra 200 | -Latin-Lover- Sacrier 200 | -Golden-Angel- Eniripsa 200

Sonija-Love Ecaflip 200 | Mayan-Princess Panda 200 | Isabella-Catolica Iop 200 | Pulube Enutrof 200 | Princess-Scarlet Eliotrope 200

Professions:

All lvl 200

During imp's downtime I saw myself browsing /b/ for hours, I'm slightly less human than I was 24h ago, please don't let it catch fire again. :wub:

Because he's the hero that Brakmar deserves, but not the one it needs right now ... So we'll hunt him... Because he can take it... Because he's not a hero... He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... The Dark Xelor.

PROUD member of THE ELKAMYSTS

Guild chat today (forgot to take a screen)

Formulamonster: IV's hardrive burnt and melted :D

Wife-Beater: Cardboard doesn't melt

Anyway, for once being paranoid pays off. It was annoying that it was yesterday because I had the heavy burden of creating a forum for my guild, so I was going to do it on IV. (I don't know how to do it tho :wub: )

I know i've never said this, but I use these forums plenty enough to warrant saying it - and should have done so sooner.

*heavily tries to avoid getting nose brown, or blue testicles for that matter*..... but I think you do a great job here and I for one, am very grateful. If I ever do decide to break from my standpoint of not donating to anything online, rest assured that IV/You is first on my list.

Thanks,

Odie

My main was OdieGoodDog/Odiekill, My other was OdieBadDog/Chesticles, My last was Pandurex

I was a proud member and lifetime fan of my only guild, Heaven Knights on Rosal

My characters were all orange and black and I have left Dofus

WHERE CAN YOU FIND HEAVEN KNIGHTS?

Is a Rosal based guild with no affiliations to any similarly named guilds on other servers.

They have their our own website and forums: http://www.heavenknights.co.uk containing loads of information about how the guild works!

HK is lvl124+, has about 110+ members and is the oldest guild on the server! As at Thursday 30th June 2011 they are also the highest level guild on Rosal server!

They might be recruiting, so visit their forums which you can reach via http://www.heavenknights.co.uk for more details!

I approve of the level of nostalgicness this thread brings me.

PS. Don't freakin place pieces of metal with polarized attraction and repulsion properties on harddisks!

(imps-meme-circle complete).

Tweak - level 199 wookie - may the RAWR be with you.

I approve of the level of nostalgicness this thread brings me.

PS. Don't freakin place pieces of metal with polarized attraction and repulsion properties on harddisks!

(imps-meme-circle complete).

HA! A few IV'ers signed up at my other forum, and for old time's sake, I put the magnet filter on there too. Cue the entire rest of the forum population freaking out and not understanding what was going on xD. Bitches deserve it, not knowing about IV.

1 day no imps is 1 day not lived :P :P

Dofus 1,29 server Henual

Pantaleo lvl 195 Iop

Xiru lvl 183Sac

Syndras lvl 184 Eni

Nevah-slowdown lvl 198 Xelor

Freeztyler lvl 192 Panda
Jaclyn lvl 182 eca

Ay-papi 189 enu

CoolGuysAreIgnoringExplosions.jpg

randallflagqg5.jpg

There is only one true 'equality' in Dofus: not a single goddamned person understands An unspecified set of mathematics specific to a certain nationality, which is not inferior to the mathematics of any other nationality, as defined by Ankama® Games.

Fuck this whole city and everyone in it. From the row houses of Astoria to the penthouses on Park Avenue. From the projects in the Bronx to the lofts in Soho. From the tenements in Alphabet City to the brownstones in Park slope to the split levels in Staten Island. Let an earthquake crumble it. Let the fires rage. Let it burn to fuckin ash then let the waters rise and submerge this whole, rat-infested place.

Let's hear it for pieces of metal with polarized attraction and repulsion properties... and slightly less famous but equally amusing cranberry sauce. Oh that delicious jelly pool in the shape of a can.

Thanks Kyek! <3~

MfXtbSY.png

Thank you Yoli, you are awesome! <3

See that handsome cra? The eliotrope made him disappear through a portal, and that scheming rogue stole his name. I've lost my handsome cra and I'm married to a rogue. What is the World of Twelve coming to?

and slightly less famous but equally amusing cranberry sauce. Oh that delicious jelly pool in the shape of a can.

You are SICK. No parfait for you!

You are SICK. No parfait for you!

But but but... parfaiiiiiiiiit! Everybody loves parfait. Even cranberry sauce lovers.

MfXtbSY.png

Thank you Yoli, you are awesome! <3

See that handsome cra? The eliotrope made him disappear through a portal, and that scheming rogue stole his name. I've lost my handsome cra and I'm married to a rogue. What is the World of Twelve coming to?