Naso

League of Legends

No.

2pcewmR.png
Inkosaurus~ The panda Formerly known as Deth-klok, Level 201 o.O
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

Your triggering me.

You're triggering me :(

Technically he's not wrong about Sion (aside from no one realistically reaching 7k HP), it's just that your opponent needs to be an idiot to get hit by a full damage Sion ult which is the only way he's going to do that much damage.

(͡• ̯ ͡• )

Your triggering me.

You're*

You're*

*Eitheh already said that

You're triggering me

Edited by sommanker

Lvl 200 (Omega 4x) osa.  Guild: Sunrising (probably relatively temporary?) kicked. -I'm currently inactive. - Alliance: Idk, but usually ends up being CYGNI/Cygnus. rip doesn't exist anymore lol 

With lv 140 rogue as an alt. On Echo (was Shika). Also a noob lv 8x Iop on Wakfu, member of Storm Troopers on Remington (if it still exists, haven't checked in a while)  kicked

Add me on steam (Sommanker) and Battle.net (Sommanker#2834) and Discord (Sommanker#1592). I play a multitude of other games.

FLhuxC8.jpgDhwkDaX.png

Latest sig update: 23/03/20

You're triggering me :(

Technically he's not wrong about Sion (aside from no one realistically reaching 7k HP), it's just that your opponent needs to be an idiot to get hit by a full damage Sion ult which is the only way he's going to do that much damage.

Every time I play with or against a Sion he just gets CC'ed and kited to oblivion while not being able to do much to anyone who isn't stupid enough to walk near him and I'm in silver, I can only imagine how redundant he is in higher ELO. :/

EDIT: Actually I lie, I've had a couple of really shitty experiences laning against Sion support when he maxes his minion toss first and makes early laning a complete fucking nightmare. It's a role I think he's actually pretty well-suited to, given his CC and innate tankyness, he's also pretty good at peeling come to think of it.

Edited by Mikemeplease
  • Like 1

Alpha Centauri

Sion is regularly used in competitive play, I'd hardly call him redundant at higher elo...Except if those silvers know something the pros don't.

• Like 1

Because he's the hero that Brakmar deserves, but not the one it needs right now ... So we'll hunt him... Because he can take it... Because he's not a hero... He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... The Dark Xelor.

PROUD member of THE ELKAMYSTS

Pro players also to know how to play with and against some champions that make them more or less viable in the highest tier.

How often do you see a Sion contribute in LCS outside of jungle skirmishes or brief dragon/baron dances?

Outside of summoners or ulting in a longer encounter or a lane chase he can very easily be kited and since it's hit or miss how often people walk into bottle necks in some ELO's it's tough to gauge just how useful your gonna be able to be as Sion.

He's still vulnerable to his old problems except now you dont even need to land your CC/Decimating smash to actually be useful (just channeling it can be enough to sway a fight if you position properly),

It's not so much the Silvers know something the pros don't. Its more that they are playing 2 entirely different games.

• Like 2

2pcewmR.png
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

(also the reason why Sion is so popular is mostly in part that he's one of the best 1v2 champs for dealing with laneswaps. Pretty sure that doesn't happen often in ranked.)

• Like 1

I still wouldn't call him redundant. It's not like he's only played in competitive play either, he's played plenty in high elo streams, and has one of the highest win ratios of all champions across all elo ranges, with the current lowest being 54% and highest at 57%(!) http://www.lolking.net/champions/sion&region=all&map=sr&queue=1x1#statistics

Now you can try and argue that win rates don't mean much but I would never ever call a champ with a ~55% win rate "redundant" which is all I was saying in the first place.

He's a simple champion that does what he does well, he gets tanky as fuck, gets in your face, cc/disturbs you and can even get the fuck out with his ult after being whittled down if he didn't use it to go in.

• Like 1

Because he's the hero that Brakmar deserves, but not the one it needs right now ... So we'll hunt him... Because he can take it... Because he's not a hero... He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... The Dark Xelor.

PROUD member of THE ELKAMYSTS

Sion is fucking annoying. Between him and Maokai I pretty much just despise playing AD nowadays. Its not fun to waste 30 seconds trying to kill someone who just runs at you all day and isn't useless enough to completely ignore because of the constant slows/stuns. The purpose of playing these super tanks (and getting fed/farmed on them) is to outlast your enemy's tanks/front-line so your team eventually overwhelms the enemy's in a team fight. Also because you're practically unkillable by 1-2 people if you splitpush with TP since you have like 4500 HP.

Edited by Flamin
  • Like 1

WinkSig.jpg

retired 199 anc set xelol. playing on 16x wis eca.

Supposedly Kalista was picked to counter Maokai. Too bad she's so useless outside of that.

Supposedly Kalista was picked to counter Maokai. Too bad she's so useless outside of that.

What about kog or vayne? I think they could burst him down quite fast especially in late game. Same against Sion too

Edited by Richiks

eUZrTev.png

Not 100% sure I agree especially in the context of solo Q outside of LCS but there is merit to the opinion as to why Vayne isn't/"shouldn't" be played right now. To an extent this can be applied to Kog as well.

There are also other issues for the match up Especially in the case of either of them into a Maokai comp but what liftlift listed is the most glaring.

Edited by Sushi-
  • Like 1

2pcewmR.png
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

I feel like sometimes the ADC idea of hitting the safest target doesn't apply to Sion. Sometimes you just have to literally walk past him. Unlike other tanks (Maokai being a good example), Sion doesn't have any reliable lockdown CC outside of his ult, which he probably used to engage. With some mobility you can completely ignore him in later fights. Also the enemy team never really expects the opposing ADC to dive them hhueuheuhuehueheue unless you're bronze in which case they probably do so that ruins the surprise.

• Like 2

(͡• ̯ ͡• )

I feel like sometimes the ADC idea of hitting the safest target doesn't apply to Sion. Sometimes you just have to literally walk past him. Unlike other tanks (Maokai being a good example), Sion doesn't have any reliable lockdown CC outside of his ult, which he probably used to engage. With some mobility you can completely ignore him in later fights. Also the enemy team never really expects the opposing ADC to dive them hhueuheuhuehueheue unless you're bronze in which case they probably do so that ruins the surprise.

The problem with this line of thinking is that it assumes the tank is the only form of CC and that the CC is the only danger. Part of staying behind of your tank line isn't just to avoid that awful awful CC its to also stay out of range of that APC burst and ADC AA range.

Walking past not only your tank but also past the enemy tank as a squishy target is generally not a good idea lol

TOO is being eccentric but this is a good video none the less :

• Like 1

2pcewmR.png
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

You're not walking past your tank, because #2 rule of solo queue is that no melee will ever peel and attempt instead to dive the enemy backline. Occasionally also including your support Janna who will try to ghetto-insec the enemy adc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying to literally run face first into LeBlanc, just noting that I find it's often an uphill battle if you choose to throw pebbles at Sion as your front line will likely die a lot faster than he will. Just that you can play a bit looser around Sion individually since he isn't typically able to lock you down himself.

• Like 3

(͡• ̯ ͡• )

I lol'd pretty hard at the ghetto insec part. Instantly knew what you were talking about that shit still happens at Diamond.

I get what your saying and your right a lot of the solo queue mentalities make this game tough to gauge at times. That's why for example I sometimes suggest to friends when going over there champ pools to just drop anything that absolutely needs other players to peel to not get run over haha.

Top lane is my favorite role so I believe I do have the advantage of not being stuck with bad tanks/top laners all of the time so its easy to forget how bad Tops can be in solo queue.

• Like 2

2pcewmR.png
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

^ ugh I swear ad carry is one of the most annoying roles to play because it takes so long for you to become relevant and in the end you're still fairly reliant on at least one of your allies having the presence of mind to save you

• Like 4

^ ugh I swear ad carry is one of the most annoying roles to play because it takes so long for you to become relevant and in the end you're still fairly reliant on at least one of your allies having the presence of mind to save you

Farm for 35 minutes straight, then there's that one single time where the carry goes somewhere alone and gets killed. Respawn timers too long - enemy kills rest of the team, ggwp.

Edited by Richiks
  • Like 1

eUZrTev.png

Can always play Graves/Corki and be relevant for most of the game. I am actually terrible at playing real ADC champions even though it was my most played role (I think I jungle a bit more now), I always preferred more of the ranged ad caster champions since you can actually do things without 3 finished items.

(͡• ̯ ͡• )

That Fnatic vs UOL game was more enjoyable to watch than every NA LCS game so far this season combined, I don't even care that Fnatic lost it was so good.

Edited by Mikemeplease

Alpha Centauri

I dunno, I preferred watching the EL vs GMB game, it was so good you had to be there to watch it live on stream.

• Like 2

(͡• ̯ ͡• )

I dunno, I preferred watching the EL vs GMB game, it was so good you had to be there to watch it live on stream.

11/10 would watch it live again

Emeute

zUX4GBQ.png

That Fnatic vs UOL game was more enjoyable to watch than every NA LCS game so far this season combined, I don't even care that Fnatic lost it was so good.

I find that hard to believe. EU LCS has been consistently the most boring region to watch 2 seasons in a row.

Did the players actually log into the match for this one?

2pcewmR.png
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

That UOL game lol...i saw only half of it but god, it was so good game lol... Nexus twice 200hp, yorick / cassio combo, loved it.

A65ZXRT.png