• Orange
  • Banana
  • Emerald
  • Ankama Brown
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Naso

League of Legends

Typical me. 80 games chat restrict, 35 ranked games restrict on smurf account. Will probably take 3 years to win 35 draft games because in normal matches I get full plat/diamond teams.

http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=richiks%20of%20d00m

I had the same because my friends trolled my second account by repporting it every single game xD

1424553420-oldboy-tie-thumb-t614.jpg

That name tho...

Reported for inappropriate.

Lvl 200 (Omega 4x) osa.  Guild: Sunrising (probably relatively temporary?) kicked. -I'm currently inactive. - Alliance: Idk, but usually ends up being CYGNI/Cygnus. rip doesn't exist anymore lol 

With lv 140 rogue as an alt. On Echo (was Shika). Also a noob lv 8x Iop on Wakfu, member of Storm Troopers on Remington (if it still exists, haven't checked in a while)  kicked

Add me on steam (Sommanker) and Battle.net (Sommanker#2834) and Discord (Sommanker#1592). I play a multitude of other games.

FLhuxC8.jpgDhwkDaX.png

Latest sig update: 23/03/20

And yet there are thousands of examples of forever bronzies, or people who just cant figure out how to patiently last hit every single CS, who have been probably playing longer then you and I lol.

I personally am not talking about learning to not feed, or learning MR is better against Ahri than it is against Vayne , or learning backing at x amount of gold for x item might not be a half bad idea. Anyone can figure that out.

I'm talking about legitimately getting good at this game. Mind you (and no offense anyone here) I don't consider anything below Plat 1 in League good. And that's being pretty generous imo.

Somm is a perfect case study for this. Sure I'm putting him under the microscope yet again but he has been playing longer then pretty much everyone in this thread. And yet he teeters on Bronze 5/Silver 1 given your ideals regarding grinding to get good he surely would have escaped Bronze 5 hell long before Season 5 and he is certainly not a unique case when it comes to League.

If you want to make steady progression in pretty much anything you have to actually try to actively learn what it is your doing. If you legitimately believe your doing it right when you are very clearly doing it wrong and no one calls it out. Guess what? You keep doing it wrong. Sure you figure out the obvious shit eventually but theres only so much you can get right when you choose to be ignorant.

Can you climb ranks by just turning your brain off and playing? Sure. 500 games later.

I suppose you're right to an extent, there are many people who are "stuck" at certain elos because of their mindset (and I personally believe that's the only thing holding them back). That's why this is interesting to me. For every bronze stuck after thousands of games, you're also going to find people who played thousands of games at an elo that's "good", maybe in low diamond or something, but they still can't reach the top, and I refuse to believe that its about physical limitations or some bullshit. I think its still just mindset. I think grinding games makes you better, but the improvement is extremely small if your mindset isn't correct. Depending on how "bad" someone is in terms of their ignorance/stubbornness it'll take them more games to improve enough to move up a rank, and maybe its a bit far-fetched but it could be anywhere from a few to a few thousand. Obviously I don't agree that the best way of improving is just spamming games, cause obviously that's very ineffective if you don't actively try to improve, but I think it has an undeniable effect on people, no matter how minor it is.

• Like 2

WinkSig.jpg

retired 199 anc set xelol. playing on 16x wis eca.

first win of the day....dota kill wat (11 in a row)

rNMiSY3.png

• Like 2

A65ZXRT.png

Went from gaining 21LP per win and losing 9LP per loss to gaining 11LP per win and losing 25LP per loss in the course of a single game. I'd get it if I was losing loads but my win% is 52% so idk what the fuck is going on.

EDIT: I wasn't near promos (50LP when it started) and I haven't been on a losing streak lately, really fucking annoying. At my current gain/loss ratio I need to win 75% of my games to climb by 8 points per 4 matches, that's some bullshit.

Edited by Mikemeplease

Alpha Centauri

Went from gaining 21LP per win and losing 9LP per loss to gaining 11LP per win and losing 25LP per loss in the course of a single game. I'd get it if I was losing loads but my win% is 52% so idk what the fuck is going on.

EDIT: I wasn't near promos (50LP when it started) and I haven't been on a losing streak lately, really fucking annoying. At my current gain/loss ratio I need to win 75% of my games to climb by 8 points per 4 matches, that's some bullshit.

Same here. After getting to gold 1, I got like 50% less LP and lost 2x more. some games gave me over 24 lp though, but some I lost 14lp+. Also, people at this elo are so retarded. I had way better opponents/teammates during placements and until i got to gold1. everyone now gives up really early, troll in champ select, etc etc. went from 100lp to 24lp only with losses. think it's time to stop playing it for now.

edit: it's a problem for a lot of people atm

Edited by Richiks
  • Like 1

eUZrTev.png

Same here. After getting to gold 1, I got like 50% less LP and lost 2x more. some games gave me over 24 lp though, but some I lost 14lp+. Also, people at this elo are so retarded. I had way better opponents/teammates during placements and until i got to gold1. everyone now gives up really early, troll in champ select, etc etc. went from 100lp to 24lp only with losses. think it's time to stop playing it for now.

edit: it's a problem for a lot of people atm

Good to know it isn't just me I guess, what I don't get is that it wants to ensure you perform consistently so you're in the right place then punishes you for performing consistently. I got placed into Bronze 2 thanks to bad promos then worked up to silver 5 and despite having no change in my win/loss % it's suddenly decided I need to win 75% of my games just to stay in this division.

Alpha Centauri

Your MMR is more then just your W/L% and currently your MMR is below that of the division your in.

Step up your game cause the Game is trying to tell you it thinks you got carried into your current rank and is trying to fix that.

2pcewmR.png
Inkosaurus~ The panda Formerly known as Deth-klok, Level 201 o.O
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

Your MMR is more then just your W/L% and currently your MMR is below that of the division your in.

Step up your game cause the Game is trying to tell you it thinks you got carried into your current rank and is trying to fix that.

I get that that's what happened but this is what I don't understand, my KDA has actually been really good lately and I've been CARRYING games not feeding since I switched to maining mid this season and it's going really well. In every 10 games I get 8 results like 12/5/12 or thereabouts and maybe a couple where I went 2/5 and it was a 20min surrender. I don't really get what's changed/happened to prompt the sudden adjustment.

EDIT: Just to clarify I'm not saying that I'm in "elo hell" or anything of the sort, I'm just struggling to understand why this is happening since my performance is actually good at the moment. If I'd gone on a losing streak or was dead weight in matches I'd get it but I'm just not. In my last 10 games alone:

20/8/7 Malz

13/7/5 Malz

9/1/8 Sejuani

18/5/7 Annie

11/2/8 Sejuani

This is just a random sample of 10 games, the others were low score (ended by surr@20). All 10 were ranked games and 7 of them wins. Could it be punishment for spreading space-AIDs?

Edited by Mikemeplease

Alpha Centauri

What was your username again mike?

2pcewmR.png
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

Fincart

Checked on op.gg and it has me down as stupidly low MMR so I guess that's it, oh well time to make a smurf I guess.

EDIT: I think I get what's happened now, last season I was consistent in mid-silver and held a steady MMR but when I got placed into Bronze this season it dumpstered my rating (according to lolking and op.gg scoring atleast). Since I've now climbed fast back to silver it's taking my MMR a while to catch up, hopefully it'll resolve itself soon.

Edited by Mikemeplease
  • Like 1

Alpha Centauri

Fincart

Checked on op.gg and it has me down as stupidly low MMR so I guess that's it, oh well time to make a smurf I guess.

EDIT: I think I get what's happened now, last season I was consistent in mid-silver and held a steady MMR but when I got placed into Bronze this season it dumpstered my rating (according to lolking and op.gg scoring atleast). Since I've now climbed fast back to silver it's taking my MMR a while to catch up, hopefully it'll resolve itself soon.

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/2uqll9/lp_gain_has_got_weird_overnight/

rito hire better coders pls. also, dont trust the mmr checker, it's not correct. just wait a few days and possibly they'll fix the lp glitch.

eUZrTev.png

Actually the api for the MMR is based on the same algorithm League used back in the day before they made Divisions and hid the MMR. They arent accurate down to the number but they give a close enough ball park figure.

• Like 1

2pcewmR.png
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/2uqll9/lp_gain_has_got_weird_overnight/

rito hire better coders pls. also, dont trust the mmr checker, it's not correct. just wait a few days and possibly they'll fix the lp glitch.

He describes EXACTLY what's been happening to me even down to the correct figures for LP gain/loss.

Alpha Centauri

7W-3L. Gold 3 ^_^ Better than I ended last year, guess I was playing way under my "MMR". 10-0 might have gotten me gold 1/plat5. Bleh. I shouldn't have tried to play Cait against Reksai and Vi those games :(

how the fuck do you die 24 times in one game jesus christ

• Like 3

Because he's the hero that Brakmar deserves, but not the one it needs right now ... So we'll hunt him... Because he can take it... Because he's not a hero... He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... The Dark Xelor.

PROUD member of THE ELKAMYSTS

It was a plan I thought of. After getting killed so many times, Viktor and Nida simply ran on me, - I ulted them, used the other abilities and killed them both. At that point the death timers were high already so we just killed the rest of the team and finished.

eUZrTev.png

Like the worst rope-a-dope ever. :P

Alpha Centauri

normal games in a nutshell

d81f0f6c363ab6f6df06001d0656eb08.jpg

obviously i was mad as hell during the game

dude my most death was 21 and I was just right clicking in mid lane (dont ask why)

1424553420-oldboy-tie-thumb-t614.jpg

I'm going to have to play on an alt from now on. Seriously I never go afk nor leave a game on purpose. Yet I get a glitch/bug splat that I have proof for every time and I get leaverbuster.. finally after an annoying 10 games and wait time of 10 mins before I get put in queue.

I finally found out what my issues was with these bug splats, it's with custom skins I've been using they end up having some type of error in the loading screen with processing their 3D models. I'll try explaining these to Riot in hopes to uplift my leaverbuster.. each time you get busted for leaving a game it just gets worse for you.

Last night in my area an outage for Verizon Fios users went through and got their DNS servers shut down. Lucky me.. I was in a ranked game about to win... and got d/c. When I try login in they had patch update so I wait... and now I have leaverbuster for another 10 games or so and this time I have to wait 20 mins in queue for each one! the fuck!

2i1ihcn.jpg

Can anyone direct me to the correct support section for this?... they changed their support site to get in contact with them so I wouldn't know where to go for help with this issue.

EDIT: nvm figured it out

Edited by Edwin

3751356328.png

5723791ygJYy.png
facepalmu.jpg

Kassa new fave ;)

KASSAOP_zpsd4f33e16.png

Edited by sommanker
  • Like 1

Lvl 200 (Omega 4x) osa.  Guild: Sunrising (probably relatively temporary?) kicked. -I'm currently inactive. - Alliance: Idk, but usually ends up being CYGNI/Cygnus. rip doesn't exist anymore lol 

With lv 140 rogue as an alt. On Echo (was Shika). Also a noob lv 8x Iop on Wakfu, member of Storm Troopers on Remington (if it still exists, haven't checked in a while)  kicked

Add me on steam (Sommanker) and Battle.net (Sommanker#2834) and Discord (Sommanker#1592). I play a multitude of other games.

FLhuxC8.jpgDhwkDaX.png

Latest sig update: 23/03/20