• Orange
  • Banana
  • Imps Green
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Naso

League of Legends

Yeah, it's fucking insane. His brother was literally his idol, he's the one who pushed him to become a pro. You're right about him rekindling his relationship with his parents a few years ago.

• Like 2

Doubelift is playing this weekend. I saw some people saying that's a bad thing... but that's not exactly unique I've seen pros in other sports like football and basketball still attend games after tragedy. Everyone mourns in their own way and getting up on that stage  can be cathartic and helpful.

Especially if his dad is doing well. I can especially imagine a scenario where his little brother and dad ask him to go to the game and try his best for his mom etc. 

man i just read the daily mail article about it.

i feel so sorry for Doublelift :(

i cant begin to imagine what hes going through right now :(

now i hope liquid smashes 100t this week.

• Like 1

As much as it's the wrong thing to say in this situation, I think Doublelift is extremely fortunate to have a strong support network, one of the best you can probably get: world class psychologists, mental coaches, support and tonnes of extremely passionate fans who would probably lay on the ground at his feet. I'm not surprised he's decided to soldier on.

Extreme loss takes a while to really settle in for most people and world class professional athletes have an abnormal ability to persevere when it comes to their sport--there's probably an NA resident who would have been as good as DL out there, they just didn't devote/persevere anywhere near as much as he has. I've always believed strongly in perseverance being the strongest characteristic in measured success.

it's often not the ones who could be the best who become the best: in many cases it's the people who initially had talent then worked their ass off and sacrificed so much to achieve it. Most notably Michael Jordans role model, David Thompson, ruined his potential by becoming addicted to cocaine and the party life style. He was likely more talented than Michael Jordan but never reached his peak. 

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'm a TL fan and I have been since the Curse days. I'm really happy about TL finally having the chance to win playoffs. 

Edited by ЯeveЯt
  • Like 1

Would it be wise to use Wrist support if am planning on grinding League for like 7-10 hours a day?

Insane i know but i wanna stream plus climb to really high elo, my goal is to hit diamond 1-2 or even Masters.

Also thoughts on New adc updates/items?

as a sivir main, i think they pretty much killed her early/mid game, while certain lane bulles are getting buffed.

Just do the every hour exercises x2 one after the other, followed by the 1-2 hours exercises every couple hours, then follow the schedule and you'll be more than fine. Also look into correct ergonomics.

The consensus of my cubital tunnel syndrome is that gaming/being a PC nerd didn't push my ulnar nerve over the edge, it just made me susceptible to get it. Weightlifting was the thing that pushed it over the edge for me. I'm sure you'll be fine.

5vktp17.jpg

Edited by ЯeveЯt