Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deviation

Wakfu Resources Directory!

Wakfu Resources

Official Resources:

Official EN forums!

Download Wakfu here!

Game Encyclopedia (navigate sub-sections at top)!

Third-Party Resources:

Wakfu-Elements Encyclopedia: Created by Boredom, a non-player with a passion for the game. Better than the official encyclopedia for searching equipment and often updated more often. Has a set builder.

Player Resources:

Wakfu Mentors Program: New to the game but just can't get a hold of anyone here? Afraid to ask someone in-game for help? These are people that have volunteered their brains to assist you with in-game knowledge. Volunteers are sorted by server.

OF Class/Build Guides Sub-forum: This is a re-direct to the guides sub-section of the OF. Be mindful that not all (and even most) guides are out-dated. Be sure to inquire before using them, or check the latest post to see if it's still relevant.

DiscKZee's Damage Calculation Guide: To help you calculate damage numbers on paper before putting it to practice!

Directional Stab Diagram: Your position relative to where the enemy is facing matters a lot! This diagram will show you were backstab (x1.25 damage) and sidestab (x1.10 damage) are located on an enemy.

AHK Client Sifting Macro: An AutoHotKey script that maps force-client on Wakfu clients to a key on your keyboard. The PasteBin has modification instructions already. Very useful for someone who wants to multi-client Wakfu, to simplify the process of switching screens. Works great with someone who wants to play multiple clients but also wants to play with maximized windows.

Granny Smith's Treasure Hunting Map: In-depth maps created by a player from Nox detailing where all the artifact treasures are! Great for a little kama boost, with the total worth of treasures found being worth over 1'000'000 kamas!

Edited by Infiniteus
Updated!

Damn you, I thought the last one was an official announcement :P

I want Politics and realms. Now. Please.

Claw

Info on the next patch as of 1/31/09- Big changes on the way.

what 0.o

edit: felt i need to add something. they really need to get this whole thing up and running. at the moment its just a rather snazy dofus with a hole in it which seems to have destroyed the banks and useful stuff. this guild update should of come out ages ago.

Edited by darcc

According to that last thread, it'll be late Feb to mid March... expect early/mid April :D

Claw

first off id like to know if the beta is open yet or not and where to find it if it is >.<?

first off id like to know if the beta is open yet or not and where to find it if it is >.<?

Taadaa.

How do I install the Wakfu game?

It is sufficient to have an account (or to create one here), then download the game here. The beta is open to all (but the localisation is in french only - for the moment).

From the listed FAQ.

Right, added. Certainly don't need anymore of those threads anywhere else.

I updated this thread a little. Post if you've got anything else to add.

^ Seconded, it's pretty up to date too. I was actually thinking of suggesting it when I saw this thread bumped.

I updated the first post to include Wakfu-Elements, thanks!

You might want to include nation pages? Here is Amakna's, it actually has a pretty good player base. http://amaknavillage.com/home

http://5thbondave.co.cc/index/

For those of you who are from Nox!

Holy crap it's been a little too long. Updated!

I have a couple of friends who are going to start making videos with guides and such, so when they do, I'll post the link so you can add that to the list.

If anyone hasn't realised already, I wouldn't really suggest for anyone to look to the official forums in the "general discussion" for anything much. It seems to be packed purely with angry and/or immature people.

I've been on there looking for tactics and guides on things like UBs or character builds, and within three or fours posts, you end up getting flamed for anything and nothing. It's really quite irritating.

Saying that, there are a few decent guides. I've used Salazar's (Brokonaut/Mango on the official forums) xelor guide, and it's very helpful. However, try not to read anything past the OP. The official forums community baffles me :blink:

It's just a shame that the IV community isn't bigger - hopefully it'll grow a bit in the future.

That's what people have been hoping for the past few years now. I don't think it will happen.

Edited by Deli-Market

I think the issue with the OF community is two-fold. Wakfu was and is way more exposed than Dofus ever was, because the anime series is very popular. As a result, a wide variety of people from places like /a/ and /v/ flooded into Wakfu because it was tied in with this anime they came to love and there were many waifus to be had! So it's no surprise that the community is negative.

Couple that with the fact that Ankama's very small and doesn't even have the capacity to give more than one shit about the English Wakfu community (and why should they? The EN Wakfu community is so small, smaller than Dofus's), and you have a community of immature people, negative people, and the like with not nearly enough support from the company.

That said, I wouldn't mind if more people came over here, but there aren't that many people *to* come over here. There are a bunch of people on Imps that seem to have deeply ingrained roots in the Wakfu community that I was never able to permeate, y'all should spread the word that we're a cozy little Wakfu community!

1 person likes this

Well said Kiba, I'd love to see imps become the new go to forum for wakfu.

Hi everyone! Instead of scrapping this thread, I decided to just update the opening post with more up-to-date resources! I'll keep it updated as we go along, but these resources should stay relevant for a (mostly) indefinite amount of time. Let me know if you guys find anything else that might be useful!

Edit: Moved to the Wakformatory.

2 people like this