• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
  • Announcements

• Rob

Server Merge and Changes to Imps Village   04/30/17

The old server sections will still be viewable at the bottom of the forum list under Legacy Servers, but read only. If you wish for any thread to be moved to the new sections, please report your own thread to bring it to our attention and tell us where you need it to go.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Azaelya

Herding the Flock- An Illustrated Paddock Guide

Using The Paddock

So you have a new paddock (or you need to use a public one) and you're kinda confused by the system. What do you do? WHAT DO YOU DO?!

Well, let's start with accessing the paddock. Simple concept, but I will illustrate it thusly:

C9ZrLht.png

Hit access and you are in! You will see this interface:
dZ40Vn1.png

As you can see, the paddock is split into four different sections. Again, some of this may seem really simple, but new things can be scary, and pictures always help. smile.gif

Certificate Section

EDgho6j.png
Assuming you're brand new to the turkey scene, you're going to start with a turkey certificate in your inventory. You will see the certificate sitting comfortably in your potions section. Don't let it sit there- IT IS NOT HAPPY THERE. I will get to that part that sounds like the most fun.

If you click on your certificate in the Certificate Section, it will look like this:
XOwx423.png

You have only one option- store that sucker. Storing it does not, however, put it into the paddock; this puts the turkey into your shed. All of that is yet to come, but I will first touch upon the certificate "look". You will notice that there's a line titled "validity" when you click on a mount certificate in this section (or in your inventory when you're not using the paddock). This is because mount certificates are only valid for 20 days. This only applies to mounts in certificate form. You can refresh the validity of the certificate by accessing the paddock, hitting the store button, and then removing it again. Only mounts that show up in the certificate section of the paddock are in certificate form.

You can see the mounts characteristics at the bottom.
NuqTMU0.png

Shed Section

naPfkCp.png
Now, you've been a good little breeder and stored your shivering mount in the shed, out of the cold darkness that fills your inventory. This is the section where you start to get things cooking. You will notice that your turkey now has a face! How precious. This is nice for seeing the colours of your turkeys. They also have genders (and no, none of them are ever "confused"). Both things helpful for the sorting when your flock gets ginormous. But what's the use of a turkey in a shed if you're not going to play with it? Well, there's actually one use- letting your mount rest when it gets too tired from the breeding equipments. "But my turkey hasn't done anything yet", you say?! Well, let's fix that.

You can control a drop down menu which basically categorizes your mounts into different sections.

uo8kEgx.png

Now, for the options:

UbNJJAn.png

Breed puts the turkey into the paddock section.
Equip equips your mount on your person, but does not mean you are ridin' that turkey just yet.
Store changes your mount back into certificate form, and puts it into your inventory.

Let's explore the breeding option, since that sounds like the most fun.

Paddock Section

DNd5aic.png

AHAXeAM.png

This is where the magic happens. You put turkeys in the paddock to raise their stats, mate them, or show them off. Whatever floats your boat. This is the only time that you can "see" your turkey in-game, unless you are riding it. When you put your turkey in the paddock, you will have to figure out how to configure your paddock items to your liking (unless in a public paddock, where you have no control over such things). Once you have the turkey in the paddock, the use of emotes helps guide them around the paddock and into items. /kiss moves them towards you by 4 or 5 squares or so. /bye moves them towards you by one square. /mad makes them move 1 square away from you. I only use those three, but you can experiment with other emotes.

When you have a turkey in the paddock and you want to remove it, go back to the paddock access menu and just move it around to store it, equip it or to exchange it.

X5hrjaH.png

Now, I will remind you that when your turkeys are interacting with breeding items, they WILL gain tiredness. When they are at maximum tiredness, you need to put them back in the shed with the store button. This will allow your poor turkey to get a little rest. But you want to ride that beast, you say? Well then, let's hit the equip button and take a gander at what that entails.

Equipped Mount Section

4gW61P2.png

TDxTvlN.png
There's your turkey, sitting in your Equipped Mount section. But what does that really mean? Well, essentially it doesn't mean too much if your turkey is not ready to be ridden. You can use this option on any turkey, whether or not they are at full maturity (or ANY maturity) and even without feeding them. Essentially, you can take a turkey fresh out of the oven and "equip it". There's a reason for that. Allow me to show you.

kFpbXTK.png
See that saddle, second button from the right? When you have put a turkey into the "Equipped Turkey" section via paddock, that button suddenly has purpose. Click it and discover the following:

Ride that turkey

HjKCM67.png
That first button to the left has a purpose. That button is for mounting/dismounting the turkey. Once you have gotten your turkey to full maturity and have fed it, you can equip it and ride it around at your heart's delight.

YikZfuD.png

Family Tree

LLPS0DK.png

Click on the hierarchy looking button in the mount menu to open up the family tree. Anyway, this is useful when trying to breed particular turkeys.

Inventory

mMQTl0b.png

pTEFtvP.png
Your mule--er, I mean "turkey"--can carry things for you, but only while you are riding him. You cannot put turkeys into the shed/paddock if they are carrying things. Click on the inventory button to move things over from your inventory to the turkey's.

Name

M0m0Zpg.png

ZDTvz3u.png
This is where the interface is useful for none-ridable turkeys. Click on this button and change your turkeys name. I know I find it more convenient to have turkeys with names rather than a million NoName's running about the paddock. Craziness, I tell you!

Experience

HwEogTt.png

0p80S1l.png
Your turkey needs to level to be fertile (and to be of much use to you if you are using it instead of a pet), so you can alter what percentage of your xp it gains. If you set it on 0%, I believe the turkey still actually gains what would be 20% of your xp with no penalty to you, but I could be wrong about that. When I level turkeys, I'm trying to get them to level 5 for fertility, so I usually ride them at the max xp (90%).

When you are done riding the turkey, or you want to swap for another, you need to access a paddock and remove it. Equipped mounts do not have validity limits- they can stay on you forever, if you wish. Here are your options for removing the saddle from the turkey:

9nRY4Lc.png

Thank you, just thank you :rolleyes: I spent hours trying to figure out the whole thing, i'm sure it will help lots of people.

Edited by xardax

Sorry I couldn't help you sooner. I had been planning to do this for awhile. I hope it helps some people, even though I am sure most have used the paddocks by now.

According to wikia a turkey gains 20% xp when you give it 0%.

Love and stamina should be at 7.5 to be bred.

According other experienced breeders that I've talked to.

It is best to work your mount with the equipment when they're tired to get the stats to the desired lvls.

Apparantly they interact with the breeding equipment more frequently when they're close to max tiredness.

It means that you have to work them more frequently, but spend less time overall on getting them ready to breed.

Cheers.

It is best to work your mount with the equipment when they're tired to get the stats to the desired lvls.

Apparantly they interact with the breeding equipment more frequently when they're close to max tiredness..

Cheers.

Not really. Only working with mounts when they're tired makes it take longer, and gets frustrating when they keep getting max tiredness. They don't interact with the machines "more frequently" when they're tired, they simply gain a tad more from each hit when they're more tired.

They get up to three times more when they are close to max tiredness. I never bothered with exact numbers but it is best to train the turkeys when they're at 200 or more tiredness, as they train at least twice faster.

Of course, they will get tired frequently that way so it would be ideal to be able to train them a few times a day for brief periods of time.

"Your turkey needs to level to be fertile (and to be of much use to you if you are using it instead of a pet), so you can alter what percentage of your xp it gains. If you set it on 0%, I believe the turkey still actually gains what would be 10% of your xp with no penalty to you, but I could be wrong about that. When I level turkeys, I'm trying to get them to level 5 for fertility, so I usually ride them at the max xp (90%)."

It's 20% static XP given, by the way. Other then that good guide! I'm planning on being a breeder, so I'm reading all the guides and things. :D

It might have changed-- that's a way old guide. Thanks though! I'll update it.

Oh I didn't see the date on it. I just bough an Emerald DT and a Plum DT, gonna breed 'em now using your guides. :D Lol.

Yays! Glad I could help!

Of course, I'll have to change this once 2.0 takes off completely... sigh.

Haha, I'll help if you need something I could do for 2.0.

Merci, hun :D.

Um... I've been allowing my Plum and my Emerald to gain stats, but now their tiredness is full. I put them in the Shed for around 1 hour, and when I came back and checked, it shows full tiredness... huh? I'm on 1.29, by the way.

It takes them a long time to reduce tiredness. After 24 hours their tiredness should be totally depleted, but it will probably take more than 1 hour for their tiredness to go down.

:/ Darn... was hoping I could breed them by the end of today. Oh well, guess I'll go level or something.

Tiredness goes down by 10 each hour.

If you want your DTs to gain stats at maximum speed you should make them fully tired, and then return each 3 hours and train them using emotes. As the gained stats depend on tiredness (the higher it is the more stats a DT gains) training tired DTs goes faster, but it requires more player's time.

Hm. That kind of sucks. Do you know the rate at which tiredness raises? Nevermind.

Anyone have any tips on how to use your emotes to train them fast? I realize leaving them in there and walking away works pretty fast, but I'd like to know how to do the other way, too.

Edited by conewicci

I'd love it if this guide was updated with current images.

I always refer my guildies to this thread to get info on how to breed, and it'd be awesome if it was updated with current pictures of the interfaces if possible.

hmm so if i take the time to recap the images, would someone put them in the post?

all the ones now seem to be broken links :(

hmm so if i take the time to recap the images, would someone put them in the post?

all the ones now seem to be broken links :(

Hey Reyah, didnt know you still played. Still in Aermyne? :O

It's a shame the images are broken, it was a decent startup guide.

nah the lot of us are on shika, we would have gone to rosal but a certain...friend of our team, jumped ship and hid out there. so decided to keep distance between ourselves. less reminder of that event the better ya know. currently rebuilding wealth, an making a replacement sram. just playin around i guess.

and anyways yah its a great guide, ill work on getting some more images next day i have off of work and nothing else to do.... XD which feels like never.

Edited by Reyah

Month late to those discussion but if someone wants to provide new images I'll be happy to update the thread. Here's the code if you want to make the image link changes

Using The Paddock

So you have a new paddock (or you need to use a public one) and you're kinda confused by the system. What do you do? WHAT DO YOU DO?!

Well, let's start with accessing the paddock. Simple concept, but I will illustrate it thusly:
[img]http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/576/accessdoorki0.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/743/accessedpaddockst2.jpg[/img]

As you can see, the paddock is split into four different sections. Again, some of this may seem really simple, but new things can be scary, and pictures always help. :rolleyes:

Certificate Section

[img]http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/2002/certificatessectionht7.jpg[/img]
Assuming you're brand new to the turkey scene, you're going to start with a turkey certificate in your inventory. You will see the certificate sitting comfortably in your potions section. Don't let it sit there- IT IS NOT HAPPY THERE. I will get to that part that sounds like the most fun.

If you click on your certificate in the Certificate Section, it will look like this:
[img]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/6166/storebuttonmt6.jpg[/img]

You have only one option- store that sucker. Storing it does not, however, put it into the paddock; this puts the turkey into your shed. All of that is yet to come, but I will first touch upon the certificate "look". You will notice that there's a line titled "validity" when you click on a mount certificate in this section (or in your inventory when you're not using the paddock). This is because mount certificates are only valid for 20 days. This only applies to mounts in certificate form. You can refresh the validity of the certificate by accessing the paddock, hitting the store button, and then removing it again. Only mounts that show up in the certificate section of the paddock are in certificate form.

The other thing of importance that shows up is the "View mount characteristics" button:
[img]http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/8668/viewcharacteristicsle0.jpg[/img]

Yeah, that hand is a button. Don't ask me why. I seriously don't understand that logic. Anyway, that will show you the basic mount characteristics as displayed in my Turkey Guide. Same things are shown. Moving on now...

Shed Section

[img]http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/1751/shedsectionkl0.jpg[/img]
Now, you've been a good little breeder and stored your shivering mount in the shed, out of the cold darkness that fills your inventory. This is the section where you start to get things cooking. You will notice that your turkey now has a face! How precious. This is nice for seeing the colours of your turkeys. They also have genders (and no, none of them are ever "confused"). Both things helpful for the sorting when your flock gets ginormous. But what's the use of a turkey in a shed if you're not going to play with it? Well, there's actually one use- letting your mount rest when it gets too tired from the breeding equipments. "But my turkey hasn't done anything yet", you say?! Well, let's fix that.

Click on a turkey in the shed and this is what happens:
[img]http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/7766/sortingoptionsqt3.jpg[/img]
A quick note about the "All Types" option circled- that's the new sorting drop-down menu. You can view mounts in your shed and paddock by gender, colour, tiredness, etc. There are still some kinks to the system, but you get the idea.

Now, for the options:

Equip equips your mount on your person, but does not mean you are ridin' that turkey just yet.
Store changes your mount back into certificate form, and puts it into your inventory.

Paddock Section

[img]http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/2119/paddocksectionpt4.jpg[/img]

This is where the magic happens. You put turkeys in the paddock to raise their stats, mate them, or show them off. Whatever floats your boat. This is the only time that you can "see" your turkey in-game, unless you are riding it. When you put your turkey in the paddock, you will have to figure out how to configure your paddock items to your liking (unless in a public paddock, where you have no control over such things). Once you have the turkey in the paddock, the use of emotes helps guide them around the paddock and into items. /kiss moves them towards you by 4 or 5 squares or so. /bye moves them towards you by one square. /mad makes them move 1 square away from you. I only use those three, but you can experiment with other emotes.

When you have a turkey in the paddock and you want to remove it, you click on it and you get these options:
[img]http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/949/paddockturkeywq8.jpg[/img]

Now, I will remind you that when your turkeys are interacting with breeding items, they WILL gain tiredness. When they are at maximum tiredness, you need to put them back in the shed with the store button. This will allow your poor turkey to get a little rest. But you want to ride that beast, you say? Well then, let's hit the equip button (from either your shed or your paddock turkey) and take a gander at what that entails.

Equipped Mount Section

[img]http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/3803/equppiedturkeyrs0.jpg[/img]

There's your turkey, sitting in your Equipped Mount section. But what does that really mean? Well, essentially it doesn't mean too much if your turkey is not ready to be ridden. You can use this option on any turkey, whether or not they are at full maturity (or ANY maturity) and even without feeding them. Essentially, you can take a turkey fresh out of the oven and "equip it". There's a reason for that. Allow me to show you.

[img]http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/8599/picture1lo2.png[/img]
See that saddle, second button from the right? When you have put a turkey into the "Equipped Turkey" section via paddock, that button suddenly has purpose. Click it and discover the following:

Ride that turkey
[img]http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/4430/mountturkey.jpg[/img]
That circled hand is a button. That button is for mounting/dismounting the turkey. Once you have gotten your turkey to full maturity and have fed it, you can equip it and ride it around at your heart's delight.

Family Tree
[img]http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/4295/familytreebh6.jpg[/img]
I don't understand Ankama's morbid sense of humour, but I guess that the implications behind making this ghost button the "family tree" access button is that the turkey's relatives are all dead. I think these people might be a little sadistic. Just a smidge. Anyway, this is useful when trying to breed particular turkeys.

Inventory
[img]http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/3965/inventoryak5.jpg[/img]
Your mule--er, I mean "turkey"--can carry things for you, but only while you are riding him. You cannot put turkeys into the shed/paddock if they are carrying things. Click on the inventory button to move things over from your inventory to the turkey's.

Name
[img]http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/9441/nameoe2.jpg[/img]
This is where the interface is useful for none-ridable turkeys. Click on this button and change your turkeys name. I know I find it more convenient to have turkeys with names rather than a million NoName's running about the paddock. Craziness, I tell you!

Experience
[img]http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/9970/xpcx1.jpg[/img]
Your turkey needs to level to be fertile (and to be of much use to you if you are using it instead of a pet), so you can alter what percentage of your xp it gains. If you set it on 0%, I believe the turkey still actually gains what would be 20% of your xp with no penalty to you, but I could be wrong about that. When I level turkeys, I'm trying to get them to level 5 for fertility, so I usually ride them at the max xp (90%).

When you are done riding the turkey, or you want to swap for another, you need to access a paddock and remove it. Equipped mounts do not have validity limits- they can stay on you forever, if you wish. Here are your options for removing the saddle from the turkey:
[img]http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/5383/equippedmountoptionsqh4.jpg[/img]

And that's about it! I am sure I left something out, or I messed up a detail about something (usually number-wise, but what do I care? :wacko:). I hope that this was helpful to those of you who took the time to read it. Happy Breeding!

Using The Paddock

C9ZrLht.png

dZ40Vn1.png

As you can see, the paddock is split into four different sections. Again, some of this may seem really simple, but new things can be scary, and pictures always help. smile.gif

Certificate Section

EDgho6j.png

XOwx423.png

You can see the mounts characteristics at the bottom.

NuqTMU0.png

Shed Section

naPfkCp.png

You can control a drop down menu which basically categorizes your mounts into different sections.

uo8kEgx.png

Now, for the options:

UbNJJAn.png

Paddock Section

DNd5aic.png

AHAXeAM.png

When you have a turkey in the paddock and you want to remove it, go back to the paddock access menu and just move it around to store it, equip it or to exchange it.

X5hrjaH.png

Now, I will remind you that when your turkeys are interacting with breeding items, they WILL gain tiredness. When they are at maximum tiredness, you need to put them back in the shed with the store button. This will allow your poor turkey to get a little rest. But you want to ride that beast, you say? Well then, let's hit the equip button and take a gander at what that entails.

Equipped Mount Section

4gW61P2.png

TDxTvlN.png

kFpbXTK.png

Ride that turkey

HjKCM67.png

That first button to the left has a purpose. That button is for mounting/dismounting the turkey. Once you have gotten your turkey to full maturity and have fed it, you can equip it and ride it around at your heart's delight.

YikZfuD.png

Family Tree

LLPS0DK.png

Click on the hierarchy looking button in the mount menu to open up the family tree. Anyway, this is useful when trying to breed particular turkeys.

Inventory

mMQTl0b.png

pTEFtvP.png

Name

M0m0Zpg.png

ZDTvz3u.png

Experience

HwEogTt.png

0p80S1l.png

9nRY4Lc.png

Edit:

I fixed up the images + fixed up some of the sentences since breeding has changed over the past 6 years massively.

I'll add a guide on how to actually breed within my post later on when I have the time, I hope this helps though. :)

Edited by UltimateSensation
2 people like this

Don't you love how as soon as you update things, they change them?