• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kyek

Major Update: FREE Private Guild forums on Imps!

36 posts in this topic

You heard right! As of today, Imps Village now offers 100% FREE forums to guilds, completely private, incredibly customizable, and controlled entirely by you! YOU choose your own moderators, YOU decide who has what powers inside of your forum, and best of all, it's tied in right here! Anyone who is a member of Imps Village can be added to your guild roster here.

So how does it work? First, the guild leader must have a minimum of 15 posts -- this simply confirms they're not a bot or a spammer. Once that requirement is met, the leader can click on the "Guilds" link above, and follow through the motions for creating the guild. Guilds have names, a short description, a long description, a logo, and more. The leader picks a co-leader to take up the reigns should (s)he ever leave, and picks out his guild members. The leader can even keep the guild "open" so that other Imps users can apply to join!

Once the guild is created here, the leader can hit a button and give it a forum. The forum is posted in the new Guild Forums area of the 'Dofus' section, and while every member can see what forums exist, ONLY members of that guild can access that forum! And once the forum is made, the leader gets to pick who can moderate it, what powers they have ... the list goes on and on.

We've never tried anything like this before at Imps. And I know there's a lot of problems we can run into -- people "stealing" guild names, starting guilds that aren't really guilds, spamming the guild list... trust me, I know the risks. But this is something Imps has needed for a long time, and I'd LOVE to get this underway and see how popular it gets. There may be changes in the future, but for now, I hope this makes life a little easier for everyone :o

Enjoy!

Kyek

(Quick shoutout: Thanks to Skipp for finding the forum component that I modified to make this happen :unsure: You rock Skipp!)

1 person likes this

Once, again interesting.

Too bad I'm guildless :unsure: .

Haha Omg, Skipp, it worked!!

/hugs for Skipp

Spamming Kyek ftw. :unsure:

Kyek, you Rock freaking hard :unsure:

:o

Wow, this was fast. :unsure: Nice add on, guys.

So how does it work? First, the guild leader must have a minimum of 15 posts -- this simply confirms they're not a bot or a spammer.

Just a question: Can an officer make the guild forum? If the leader isn't using IV.

Also, awesome idea and cool update :unsure:

i have the same question as pika.

Awsome idea I will be trying to persuade my leader to make one even though we already have another one. :unsure:

Anyone can create a guild forum. It's supposed to be a leader, but ofcourse an officer can make it too since IV has no way of checking your Dofus rank or guild.

Check Sunrise forum. I opened that one, but I'm not the leader. :unsure:

Congratulations again, Kyek -- that's an incredibly impressive turnaround on a great new feature.

AoLL uses the open-source forum software Vanilla, which has worked very well for us, thanks to our admin's technical know-how, but I can see this spiffy IV feature appealing to guilds stuck in the purgatory of ad-supported bulletin boards.

Vanilla is super smooth -- I'm using it on another one of my sites, and it's just slick. I think the imps community in general would revolt if I put it here, though ;-). It's not quite as conducive to big forums.

Double-post! Bad Admin!

I logged into the forums with my normal-member testing account, and this feature wasn't working! No one could get to the forums! Eep! I'm surprised no one brought this up.

Anyway, I think I have that problem fixed up now. If you or your guild members couldn't access your forum before, you should be able to now from the "Guild Forums" area in the Dofus section. Hope it works this time xD

I logged into the forums with my normal-member testing account, and this feature wasn't working! No one could get to the forums! Eep! I'm surprised no one brought this up.

You probably couldn't access any of the guild forums because your account wasn't a member of any of the guilds.

(Quick shoutout: Thanks to Skipp for finding the forum component that I modified to make this happen :D You rock Skipp!)

You probably couldn't access any of the guild forums because your account wasn't a member of any of the guilds.

nono, it wasn't access I was worried about.. it would be a bug if the account COULD access those forums. But what it couldn't do was even SEE the listing of guild forums -- eep!

Very cool. Any room to add a Server column? Some have it in the name, some in the description, some no where. Just a thought...

You continue to rock Mr Root Admin.

(heh heh...root)

fuckin' A Kyek you never cease to amaze.

fuckin' A Kyek you never cease to amaze.

Second that comment :l

WOW Thanks for this amazing oportunity :huh:

Can someone offer some help? my Guild leader just made our guild forum. She said she put me as co-leader. However it tells me I do not have permission to look at the guild forum. What are we doing wrong?

I want to say first I love this feature Kyek. I direct a lot of my friends and starting to do so with my guildies now as Imps is a wonderful place for asking questions and getting answers. They will and I already do love having a way to communicate with everyone to organize events and so forth.

All that said. My co-leader is unable to access the guild forum and it does not list her as a member of the guild. She and I were wondering how to make it so she can access the forum section for us. She is able to access the co-leader stuff and it does not offer to let her Join the Guild.

Sorry if I'm being a pain, but I do thank you for everything and for help with this.

Can you guys PM me the name of the person who is having trouble, as well as which guild they should be added to?

I'll do it manually, because we seem to be running into some issues with the "teams" plugin.

I'm gonna assume that Tesk and Element are talking about the same thing :lol: If I'm wrong, change names appropriately ;-)

Dae, if you're unable to find the glitch, try delisting Tesk as co-leader altogether. Then, Teskeria, attempt to join the guild as though you're any other guildie, Element can approve you, and THEN try to set you as co-leader. That may solve your problem if Dae's unable to fix it himself :lol:

I'm gonna assume that Tesk and Element are talking about the same thing :lol: If I'm wrong, change names appropriately ;-)

Dae, if you're unable to find the glitch, try delisting Tesk as co-leader altogether. Then, Teskeria, attempt to join the guild as though you're any other guildie, Element can approve you, and THEN try to set you as co-leader. That may solve your problem if Dae's unable to fix it himself :lol:

Indeed they were. I suck at reading comprehension.

The issue has been fixed though. Yaay!