• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Azaelya

Down and Dirty Guide to Turkeys

36 posts in this topic

Ok, here's a quick rundown of how turkeys work, for those who need a little more info before they say "yes to turkey" and accept turkey into their lives. I know Tori already made a great post about this, but that thread is huge and I figured that I'd submit just a simple guide here. This is my picture-book attempt at explaining. I put the pictures in so that if you read this once, or if you are impatient, the pictures should be fairly self-explainatory.

New Mount: What the hell do I do?

picture17yo4.png

This is a brand spankin' new baby girl.

The basics are as follows: There are 3 stats that need to be raised-- Maturity, Love, and Stamina. These are dependent on the mount's serenity level, which is something you can change with patters and slappers. Details found BELOW! Oh, and don't be alarmed by the changes in the stats... I used a lvl 5 mount as my example...ok, ONWARD!

The almighty SERENITY bar!

This is the bar at the bottom of that picture. At one end is aggressive (grrrr!) and the other end is serene (sigh!happy!). Note the little symbols sitting above that bar. That will be explained. The serenity bar works like a basic number line. The water droplet indicates 0 as so:

balancedcopykx0.jpg

To get serenity down, you slap the hell out of the turkey. To get serenity up, you lovingly pat it. These equips are... slappers and patters.

Serenity controls what you can do with your mount, stat-wise. If your serenity is in a specific number range and you try to raise the wrong stat, well, you're just going to waste a lot of time. Males have a random chance for lowering serenity when they interact with any breeding equipment, and females have a random chance for raising serentity, so keep an eye out on your mounts while raising stats! Now for the numbers and the corresponding stats!

Maturity

maturitystaminajy0.jpg

Serenity is to be between -2000 and +2000. When at this serenity level, use water troughs for maturity. Maturity is the key to riding your turkey. When it is rideable, you can level it. It gains effects stats (like +agi, +vit, etc) this way. Maturity needs to be FULL UP for riding!

maturitypg1.jpg See? Maturity at 10,000. Woot!

Ok, now I want to see some turkey sexin'!

Breeding requires your mount to be mature, and have love and stamina raised. Back to serenity bar adjustments!

Love

serenebl1.jpg

Serenity needs to be above 0. You raise love with big ol' butts. Yeah, that's right. Butts. Turkeys running into butts. Did I mention butts?

Stamina

aggressiveck4.jpg

Serenity needs to be below 0. You raise stamina with lightning throwers, because apparently being shocked gives you more stamina. The devs are weird, weird people.

Stamina and love need to be at 7,500 for fertility. That means the bars dont need to be full. Just check the turkeys from time to time.

Level

Your mount needs to be at lvl 5 for fertility. You ride the mount in fights, and you donate exp to them. The new update give them a 20% exp boost, so even at 0%, they get 20% exp. I ride mine at 90% until they hit lvl 5. Effects stats raise with level increase, too (check under the effects tab).

Other Things!

tirednessah3.jpg

When you are making your mounts hit these breeding items, they will get tired. When the tired bar is full-up, you cannot make them gain more stats. Put them in the shed for awhile. In an hour you can start playing again for a little bit, but they will tire out pretty quickly. It takes 24 hours for full recovery. They also raise their stats more when fairly high on the tired bar (but not at full tiredness).

energyqg5.jpg

Energy is NEEDED to ride the turkey. To raise energy, you can use mangers, another breeding item, or you can feed them things like fish. Pure fish from a fisherman... I mean, just straight fish, man. That simple. They lose a little energy each time you mount them, and also moving from map to map. But that's fairly minimal.

Ok, that's about it. Different colour turkeys take different amounts of time to give birth. Gingers and Almonds were 49 hours. It takes longer with the newer colours, from what I have seen.

Hope this helps! I might do a paddock intro soon.

2 people like this

If I had read this I would have probably tried to get into breeding when I played...

You're too late to save my soul, Aza ;_;

(<3)

1 thing: if seren is at exactly 0, neither love or stamina can be raised.

:lol: Great guide Aza, definately helped me back in the day when turkeys first came out.

That is true, I always forget that. It's so hard to get them to hit exactly 0... so I didn't think of it.

Serenity is to be between -2000 and +2000. When at this serenity level, use water troughs for serenity. Maturity is the key to riding your turkey. When it is rideable, you can level it. It gains stats this way. Maturity needs to be FULL UP for riding!

Love the humor and thanks for the scaled down version, but I saw a typo.... troughs for serenity.

Also, they eat unprepared fish (gutted or not gutted) and unprepared meat (straight from the hunter!), I haven't tried giving them meat as I don't have a hunter and bags of trout are easier to get (trout isn't worth fixing for either of my fishmongers).

Edited by Ionga

Thanks for the help, guys. Stupid mistakes *slaps forehead!* And by pure fish, I meant unprepared. I just couldn't think of the right word :-P

o i was gonna ask that cuz my turkey got 0 serenity while raisin stamina and i wasnt sure if it was gonna gain more stats or if i had to slap her a lil. now i know what to do

thanks for the guide. =3 wish this was here before.

i want a topic where i can ask my stupid breeder questions =3 pwease...(may be there is one and i m missin it)

o i was gonna ask that cuz my turkey got 0 serenity while raisin stamina and i wasnt sure if it was gonna gain more stats or if i had to slap her a lil. now i know what to do

thanks for the guide. =3 wish this was here before.

i want a topic where i can ask my stupid breeder questions =3 pwease...(may be there is one and i m missin it)

Start a topic and ask away! :-D

Thanks so much for the guide. Really helpful.

I should have read this before buying X00 cooked gudgeons... well at least I know how to sex em now... but what is the point? Aza can you breed me a sexy crimson? <3 :P

Edited by Its-Hammer-Time

thanks a lot Aza!

now I know how to get stamina up

and I can breed my baby crimson

;)

Whoow this is realy going slow!

I only can do this in public paddock so I can't put any items in there...

It runs to the slappers a lot but they don't always slap :s

do you have to wait for a while or how does that work?

I want it to happen fast :ph34r:

ok not wait for a while it just did it 2 times in a row ;)

tell me tell me what's the secret :P

The real secret is to use a guild paddock. The public paddocks are arrange REALLY poorly. If you have access to a guild paddock, you can maximize your usage by giving the turkeys only a couple of spaces to move back and forth into the equips. You can stand there and emote at them to make them move into the equips faster, but stat raising is a long process either way.

yeah but I can't get in guild paddock... so that's the only way of doing it :ph34r:

So there is no faster way in public?

too bad...

tnx anyway!

I know its an old topic but, if you have to use public paddocks:

paddockexpyr3.jpg

The 2 black circles are the paddock items, the red square is your mount.

You go to the points 1 and use one square emote like "wave" then go to the point 2, emote...

Repeat this process till your mount goes away, then pull him back in between the items and continue.

I know its more frustrating and slower than private paddocks but its possible if it's your only option.

Edited by xardax

Ok, here's a quick rundown of how turkeys work

vary helpfull thanks

I made a cheat sheet of Azaelya's first post for a guildie who was confused by the whole raising-a-turkey thing. Thought I'd share:

DTCheatSheet.gif

Awwww way to render my guide useless. :P

Seriously, though, that's a beautiful cheat sheet. :P

what emotes do you use for breeding mostly?

what emotes do you use for breeding mostly?

you only need one emote btw, if you arrange the machines smart

plus, in current system i dont think you need emotes anymore, its not faster then passive training

you only need one emote btw, if you arrange the machines smart

plus, in current system i dont think you need emotes anymore, its not faster then passive training

I believe there's the five minute or so lag before emotes work, (don't know because I rarely do this) but after that the active breeding does speed it up a bit, but wastes a hella lot of time, best to let them passive breed while watching a movie, doing homework, eating, ect.

Thank you for this <33