• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
  • Announcements

• Rob

Merry IMPSMAS 2017!   12/07/17

There's 35mk up for grabs this year along with an Atanip hat & cape! 'Click Here' for your chance to win.  Yule regret missing out.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kyek

Donations to Imps Village

202 posts in this topic

Car washes. They're always fun. At least they always look fun in the movies I've seen...

Hey Ky, I'll definately be donating. As soon as my paycheck hits the bank. Quick Question: anyway we can get like an update of how much has been donated/how much is needed sort of thing. Like the little thermometer thing they have at phone-a-thons that goes up until it explodes when you reach the goal. That would be sweet. :P

Hee, thanks Goobs :P. We've had a few donations so far, which was enough to fund our massive changeover. My web account is being converted as we speak to handle four times the bandwidth, on a faster processor, with more language support. Exciting stuff!

The problem with the thermometer thing is that Imps isn't a business, has no business ID, and no bank account other than my own. So the PayPal donation goes to my account, and while I've been taking dilligent records, there's no way to provide a feed of information that doesn't also reveal my personal transactions. Eep! So for now, this will have to do :) Thanks to the few people who have donated, though! Even Winlow and his 60 cents ;-)

Edit: And thanks, Sia, for the wonderful advice ;-). Please, please only donate if the money you're spending is unquestionably your own, or if your parents have given you permission, or you're over 18 :)

1 person likes this

I donated the small amount that was left on my visa commerce gift card :P I might have another gift card in my car with some stuff on it that I'll use later lol. Just a matter of finding it

I feel like I should too, seeing as I spam this place so bad :/~

Yay! Have $4!

Edited by Billylemmon

I'LL DUNAT IF U MEK ME R ADMIN1?!?

I'll donate soon as i get a job ;_;

*Peniless hobo*

literally, peniless. I have to get my parents to buy my deodorant and stuff >_>. I'm not great at saving, apparently.

...penniless?

Although I guess peniless would work too...I don't know you that well. ;)

...penniless?

Although I guess peniless would work too...I don't know you that well. ;)

rofl! I can't breathe! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA xDDD

Lol. Penis.

Kyek, Winlow, you guys are immature. Warned for spamming. I don't want to see any of this "lol penis" bullshit in any future threads about pennies or pianists.

rofl! I can't breathe! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA xDDD

I actually misread it as penisless, and had to go back and re read it.... but then I am special..

What we did on my tech forum was created a new group called "supporters" they didnt have any mod powers but had access to a forum that only they and mods/admins could see. Disscussions like future plans and whatnot went there before being made public.

That's another really good idea -- and one I can implement sooner rather than later! I know IPB has a payment feature, so when I get unchained from my desk at work I'll have to look into it to see if it can be automated ;)

Edit: Did it! Thanks for the great suggestion, sims :) Check out my original post to see all the benefits.

For fear of facing Skipp's warning wrath ;) you guys crack me up. It's nice to escape here albeit briefly during my workday just to get a good laugh.

Back on topic: The separate forum idea is a really good idea. That way people that do donate can see future developments and what's in the making.

wait a minute... pianist... penis...

pia... nist

pe... nis

O.M.G, you are a genious skippeh :) lmao

and when i can nick my dads credit card i will donate like 5 bucks (nah im kidding ill ask him for it first ;))

Gruber, you better raise those grades up to something your dad likes before you ask him for his card. ;)

shit im rumbled! *runs*

>_< yea i probably should but i'll give it a week and it'll all blow over.

I thought we already had a section of the forums for future development and that I didn't need to have to worry about reading it because apparently I'm not helpful >_>; *glares at Kyek*

lol, we do. It's for the development team to talk about code and deadlines and graphical needs -- not really something the common man would find helpful or interesting ;-)

Oh. So long as we're both aware that I mean nothing more to you than some stranger off the street corner.

Cool Stuff!

There are now benefits to donating, and everything's set up to be automatic! Check my original post for details :)

I gave five bucks.

Or i stole my brothers debit card and gave five bucks.

Either way, you have five bucks!

HAHAHAHA, I saw that donation as it came in.. and I'm all like, "David... VULBIS IS A MAN?!"

Brother. Right. Likely story ;-)

I have $12 left in my bank account, once I land myself a job and run into some spare cash i'll throw some you're way ..

We should be able to choose what we want our donations to go to! I'd choose kyek's daily food bill :) but this isnt a kyek donation, it's an imps donation.

We should be able to choose what we want our donations to go to! I'd choose kyek's daily food bill :) but this isnt a kyek donation, it's an imps donation.

hahahaha, as long as we put "New car" as one of those options ;-)

Seriously though -- I don't want to mislead anyone. We're still far from the amount I've already spent/gave up for the forums, but this donation should be considered both a donation toward all the expenses Imps has accumulated/is accumulating, as well as a donation for my long hours tapping away at a keyboard for the site instead of tapping away at a keyboard for my wallet. Not needing to freelance to survive means I get to spend more time working here. Time will tell if the donation idea is popular enough to support that.

There will never, ever, EVER be a charge for using any portion of this site -- the donators currently get several "fun" benefits, but those benefits will always be modest and I will never charge for any feature that the common user would need to use. So if anyone ever DOES go as far as to accuse me of being selfish for accepting donations, I can easily refer them to the handful of people who requested that I open donations, as well as point to the fact that no one is being forced to donate to get full use out of the site.

sure ill donate

itll either be like, tonight, or on the 20th of june. seriously no joke.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0