• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Yrona

Ask a Mage

1408 posts in this topic
23 minutes ago, Hell-Angel said:

Did anybody level any magus using this method recently? Wondering how much it'd cost.

It is not cheap, but fastest way. I did level 5 maguses on alts when I was doing cloudy quests :^)

26 minutes ago, SamTheKing said:

Can you elaborate? I don't think I fully understood. What do you mean by old damage? Get all stats to 0 then spam damage runes, lower stats again, then spam damage runes? 

Not elemental (fire,water etc)

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Jappar said:

Not elemental (fire,water etc)

So that just means stock up on dmg runes? Awesome, thanks for the tip 

I'm playing again and found out I don't remember anything about maging (I'm jewellmagus and shoemagus). Can you guys give me some tips or advice on how to practice this trade? (I'm already lvl 200 magus)

For the moment I'm not really interested in doing exos, I just don't want to ruin people's items.

5 hours ago, Braz said:

I'm playing again and found out I don't remember anything about maging (I'm jewellmagus and shoemagus). Can you guys give me some tips or advice on how to practice this trade? (I'm already lvl 200 magus)

For the moment I'm not really interested in doing exos, I just don't want to ruin people's items.

holy blast from the past it's braz!

The best way to learn is to get a low level item and mage it. Best to learn the rune values when it comes to sinks.

I recommend any level 60-100 item you don't mind destroying. make sure it has several types of stats and something like + dmg as the runes are cheap and will teach you how to use sinks.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Yuna said:

holy blast from the past it's braz!

The best way to learn is to get a low level item and mage it. Best to learn the rune values when it comes to sinks.

I recommend any level 60-100 item you don't mind destroying. make sure it has several types of stats and something like + dmg as the runes are cheap and will teach you how to use sinks.

Hey Bets Yuna!

Thanks for the help. I maged some items and offered free magings* for a few hours. Maging high level items seems way harder now with the amount of stats to keep track of (I've no idea what on earth critical resistance is XD).

* no items have been harmed... except for a Belteen that lost it's AP but fortunately AP runes are 1/10 of what they used to cost and I fixed the item somehow.

Hi,

so as far as i understand, the sink helps sinking stat to an equip, be it natural or unnatural stat of the equip.

So my question, how much sink do you guys wait for before putting the ap/mp runes on an exo?

You're slightly misinterpreting it. Sink is essentially the space left behind when a rune drops minus the weight of the rune which was added. You can then refill this space without the risk of any further runes on the item dropping until the total weight lost is reached again. However, it will not actually increase the chances of runes landing. It just prevents a fail knocking off further runes. This is why mages look for high weight runes such as an MP to fall off and crit back on to perfect items.

In the case of an AP exo, if you exo'd with 20 sink, a failed AP attempt would remove a runes worth 80 in weight from the item as the first 20 are 'absorbed' by the sink. This sink does not increase the chances of an AP landing, this is set at 1% or 1 / 100 tries on average. You're better off spending any spare sink perfecting the item before an attempt than using it to save runes, as the increased value of the item will outweigh the cost savings unless you get exceptionally unlucky. 

4 people like this

oh wow, thanks for the enlightenment.

1 person likes this