• Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Yrona

Ask a Mage

1405 posts in this topic

so i came back after a 1 -2 years break and i wanted to ask about the new leaf orb how do i use them and r they worth it i used it on pespic clock to try and figure out what it does but i couldnt understand asked guildies and they told me it resets sink to 0 but why would i reset it randomly i mean sink doesnt go below 0 anyway . any help could be nice 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It re-rolls the stats of an Item.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It randomizes the stats of the item as if it was just freshly crafted. Each time orb used, the stats are becoming randomly new. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You use them like you would a rune in the maging interface. As Grave said it will reroll the stats of an item within its base parameters (i.e 200 - 250 vitality) and as your friends said it also resets sink, so you're essentially left with the equivalent of a fresh craft item. 

 

I've only ever found them useful in two situations; firstly when exo-maging, it can be more cost and time effective to reroll the losses with an orb rather than reapply runes. Secondly if a high stat rune has dropped such as an AP or MP and then fails to land again- (80kk cost of orb > 100kk ap rune + other lost stats as an example). But I'm sure there are other ways they can be helpful.

 

The four kinds of orbs apply to different level items, you can only use a Minor New Leaf Orb on items up to and including level 60 and so on based on the Orbs level. You can however use a high power orb to reroll a lower level item. 

 

4f9be5c7b129a7d37900d50136d9cbe5.png

(go away Quadro) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rob said:

You use them like you would a rune in the maging interface. As Grave said it will reroll the stats of an item within its base parameters (i.e 200 - 250 vitality) and as your friends said it also resets sink, so you're essentially left with the equivalent of a fresh craft item. 

 

I've only ever found them useful in two situations; firstly when exo-maging, it can be more cost and time effective to reroll the losses with an orb rather than reapply runes. Secondly if a high stat rune has dropped such as an AP or MP and then fails to land again- (80kk cost of orb > 100kk ap rune + other lost stats as an example). But I'm sure there are other ways they can be helpful.

 

The four kinds of orbs apply to different level items, you can only use a Minor New Leaf Orb on items up to and including level 60 and so on based on the Orbs level. You can however use a high power orb to reroll a lower level item. 

 

4f9be5c7b129a7d37900d50136d9cbe5.png

(go away Quadro) 

Lmao, pls turn the game on once in a while. Ap rune 60kk, mp rune 40kk, major orb 120kk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Leafshade said:

Lmao, pls turn the game on once in a while. Ap rune 60kk, mp rune 40kk, major orb 120kk.

Last time I actively played AP cost 400kk, so I didn't do too bad... :)  

 

Doesn't actually change the point I'm making though, does it? Try again next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rob said:

Last time I actively played AP cost 400kk, so I didn't do too bad... :)  

 

Doesn't actually change the point I'm making though, does it? Try again next time.

Why bother buying something worth 120kk, when everything else is cheaper? The only scenario I see that it would be viable is with Lock/CriRes/CriDam drops. And even then it's a big "MAYBE"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Leafshade said:

Why bother buying something worth 120kk, when everything else is cheaper? The only scenario I see that it would be viable is with Lock/CriRes/CriDam drops. And even then it's a big "MAYBE"

 

And the example I was making was if the orb was the cheaper option, which is the entire point... Believe it or not prices aren't static either. You're also ignoring the lower power orbs, which I'm going to safely assume cost less. 

 

I'm answering a broad question with broad answers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rob said:

 

And the example I was making was if the orb was the cheaper option, which is the entire point... Believe it or not prices aren't static either. You're also ignoring the lower power orbs, which I'm going to safely assume cost less. 

 

I'm answering a broad question with broad answers.

 

Lower power orbs have no use in end-game maging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bug-dady said:

so i came back after a 1 -2 years break and i wanted to ask about the new leaf orb how do i use them and r they worth it i used it on pespic clock to try and figure out what it does but i couldnt understand asked guildies and they told me it resets sink to 0 but why would i reset it randomly i mean sink doesnt go below 0 anyway . any help could be nice 

Worth noting that if you elemental mage a weapon (to change the element of the damage it deals) then using an orb does not reroll the element change

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Leafshade said:

 

Lower power orbs have no use in end-game maging.

 

 

Who said anything about end-game maging? Lmao. Check yourself. 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

amg kikneur causing drama pls ban

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh i got it tyvm it was pretty helpful :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi folks. Coming back after a long dofus vacations, I haven't maged anything since 4 years ago. With the new orbs I was wondering if I could exomage some str or power ring for my main (sadida str or str/cha/intin the future), possibly to AP. Since it will be my first exo I don't wanna try it on a 6mk+ ring, so my options are:  

  

  • Fahter Whupper (nice dmgs, but no range/summons)
  • Missis Freezz (similar to father, no cha/int dmgs)
  • Broucey (Great stats+range but only for str build, cheap AF)
  • Bearbaric Band (similar to missis but int isntead of cha, %air+water resist)
  • Hail Ring (Similar to father but with range instead of crit hits, easier to control +dmg sink since is +all dmg. %water resis)
  • Fuji Snowfox (2 summons and power but not cha/int dmgs or resist)

Taking into account is probably gonna be a multi sadida, the price and the overall stats I think the best option would be the Hail Ring, but since I haven't maged in years, I was wondering if the +Range or +Summons stats make it extremely difficult?  

  

If so, which would you choose? Imho, the best option would be hairsh bracelet but can't afford playing with a 6mk ring on my first exo.

 

Another also: After rolling a MP/AP exo, how difficult is to mage the stats of the item? Since orbs reset any previous mage, using runes before exo seems useless right? Thanks!

Edited by sebas8181

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sebas8181 said:

Hi folks. Coming back after a long dofus vacations, I haven't maged anything since 4 years ago. With the new orbs I was wondering if I could exomage some str or power ring for my main (sadida str or str/cha/intin the future), possibly to AP. Since it will be my first exo I don't wanna try it on a 6mk+ ring, so my options are:  

  

  • Fahter Whupper (nice dmgs, but no range/summons)
  • Missis Freezz (similar to father, no cha/int dmgs)
  • Broucey (Great stats+range but only for str build, cheap AF)
  • Bearbaric Band (similar to missis but int isntead of cha, %air+water resist)
  • Hail Ring (Similar to father but with range instead of crit hits, easier to control +dmg sink since is +all dmg. %water resis)
  • Fuji Snowfox (2 summons and power but not cha/int dmgs or resist)

Taking into account is probably gonna be a multi sadida, the price and the overall stats I think the best option would be the Hail Ring, but since I haven't maged in years, I was wondering if the +Range or +Summons stats make it extremely difficult?  

  

If so, which would you choose? Imho, the best option would be hairsh bracelet but can't afford playing with a 6mk ring on my first exo.

 

Another also: After rolling a MP/AP exo, how difficult is to mage the stats of the item? Since orbs reset any previous mage, using runes before exo seems useless right? Thanks!

You seem to be under the impression that orbs will restore the stats of an item + keep the exo you made by spamming ap/mp until it landed. This is false, when you use an orb you are essentially rerolling the item giving it random stats ( like when originally crafting the item). So your exo would be taken off by an orb. Orbs are useful for exomaging but only to a certain extent, they are useful for when the ap/mp rune had a really bad fail or you are just too lazy to fix in general, although using an orb could make it worse for you to get the item back up to stats then simply fixing it after a fail. So overall what you need to do is just mage the ring to the stats you want use ap/mp and hope it lands, if it fails fix it then try again, use orbs as needed to make your life easier. Hope that helped. As for which ring you should exo I would say bear band or even bear wedding if you are 100% going to have some chance in your build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sebas8181 said:

Since I haven't maged in years, I was wondering if the +Range or +Summons stats make it extremely difficult?  

  

If so, which would you choose? Imho, the best option would be hairsh bracelet but can't afford playing with a 6mk ring on my first exo.

 

Another also: After rolling a MP/AP exo, how difficult is to mage the stats of the item? Since orbs reset any previous mage, using runes before exo seems useless right? Thanks!

As you aren't willing t spend more than 6mk on an exo ring, i'd advise you don't exo a ring.

Exoing is exactly as it used to be. Repair item to desired stats, add ap/mp with 1/100 chance to land. 

If it fails ~100/90 power will be removed from the item, and you'll have to repair it again.

 

You will very seldom use orbs when exoing. s lil stated, lets say i am maging a hail ring, and the range fails 6 times in a row. It would remove 51*6 power = 306 power. Then, it would be cheaper to orb than to repair using runes (in some cases). But a general rule of thumb, don't even bother with orbs unless you have a double ap/mp fail on items which already have ap/mp.

An orb will reset the ring to factory standards if you would. 

 

I think you are implying orb/exo spam until it lands, and repairing afterwards. This is not advised. Firstly, as a 1/100 chance it would cost you 11mk in orbs and 5-6mk in ap runes + 2-3 mk in ring cost. This means that for 18-20mk you'd have a ring with factory standards (ie. shit stats). 

 

Once the ap/mp has landed, you can technically alter the item. But the mage becomes much much harder. There is also a chance the ap/mp can fall off. This chance is increased substantially by using runes above 10 power. As someone who does many exos, i can tell you that i have never ever played around with an item after it was exoed. 

 

The only time you do this, is if you want the exo to fall off to have high sink to repair an item.

 

If you shoot me a pm in game, i'll be able to show you exactly how to exo, and give you a rough indication of how much each of these rings will cost you. (Centaur is current main IG)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello

 

I wanna go for +2-3% res exo and +range exo on unnamable boots, but wonder whats the best order for this kind of maging. For now I made like 20 attempts this way: >drop mp for sink> repair stats and get exo res> get mp back>range rune.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Eteri said:

Hello

 

I wanna go for +2-3% res exo and +range exo on unnamable boots, but wonder whats the best order for this kind of maging. For now I made like 20 attempts this way: >drop mp for sink> repair stats and get exo res> get mp back>range rune.

If i were you, depending on the vit/int you want on the boots, i'd use the method you are currently doing.

If the vit/int are undesirable when the mp falls, put it back straight away. This minimizes losses you take on a shit vit/int item. Then, if mp does land, just % res as normal and range and hope it doesnt land.

 

You are going about it the right way though. Just so you know, you'll basically have to get land an average of 100 2-3% exos before the range will land, so the mage you are trying can become expensive, but generally those boots arent too bad to mage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exo mage resistance onto item eg any item with ap/mp do I drop the ap/mp first then exo and then put the ap/mp back on ?

 

or ap/mp on first then do the exo res?

 

If a certain way why just so I can use this knowledge in next mage sesh

Edited by Auron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Optimal method is to wait for ap /  mp to fall, exo resistance and then attempt to stick ap / mp back on.

 

This is because the chance of runes sticking on an item is influenced by the item's total weight relative to being perfect. Therefore, with the item being 100 / 90 power lighter, your chances of the % res sticking are marginally increased. Obviously, this is all heavily dependent on fre**h maths and difficult to prove.

 

Edited by Rob
If you saw the edit prior to this it was total nonsense:-)
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do I go about leveling my level 84 costomagus? I think last time I maged was 4 years ago so I compeltely forgot. 

 

1. Do the more powerful runes give more xp if they land? 

2. If i'm level 84 magus, what hat/cloak level should I use? Does it have to be =< 84 or can it be greater? And i'm assuming the higher the level of the item, the more xp I get from maging it? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More powerful runes give more xp indeed, if they land.
The lvl of the item you're maging should be as close as possible to the lvl of your magus (but never greater). So if you're a lvl 84 magus, you won't be able to mage lvl 85(+) items, and a lvl 84 item will give you the best xp.

I usually check which runes I use less often or runes that I have a lot of and based on that I check what items I make/buy to lvl magus on.

Combining professions like tailor and costumemagus is very intresting as you'll want to get a higher lvl item as often as you can for best xp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, SamTheKing said:

How do I go about leveling my level 84 costomagus? I think last time I maged was 4 years ago so I compeltely forgot. 

 

1. Do the more powerful runes give more xp if they land? 

2. If i'm level 84 magus, what hat/cloak level should I use? Does it have to be =< 84 or can it be greater? And i'm assuming the higher the level of the item, the more xp I get from maging it? 

 

You can get magus to 200 in 30 minutes abusing old damage runes xp. Just prepare items with old dmg and possibly crits or heals, get all stats to 0 -> spam dmg, lower with crit or smth else. Change item every 5-10 lvl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jappar said:

You can get magus to 200 in 30 minutes abusing old damage runes xp. Just prepare items with old dmg and possibly crits or heals, get all stats to 0 -> spam dmg, lower with crit or smth else. Change item every 5-10 lvl.

Can you elaborate? I don't think I fully understood. What do you mean by old damage? Get all stats to 0 then spam damage runes, lower stats again, then spam damage runes? 

 

34 minutes ago, colombo-ll said:

I usually check which runes I use less often or runes that I have a lot of and based on that I check what items I make/buy to lvl magus on.

 

Yeah I have around 1k str runes, I was gonna mage a hat that has str in it and just spam those runes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jappar said:

You can get magus to 200 in 30 minutes abusing old damage runes xp. Just prepare items with old dmg and possibly crits or heals, get all stats to 0 -> spam dmg, lower with crit or smth else. Change item every 5-10 lvl.

Did anybody level any magus using this method recently? Wondering how much it'd cost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.