• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Yrona

Ask a Mage

1405 posts in this topic

yea, i'd love an answer to the AP rune creation rate question, too. (say that 3 times fast)!

anyone have any luck making ANY ap runes after beta?

pallas

Forgemaging Etiquette?

What is the proper way to go about having a forgemage mage an item of yours, using the invite to workshop function? This can take hours... What is the best way to go about it?

I don't know... I spent probably an hour working on this one guy's farle ammy and ring, the ring he must have used 50 - 100 runes on, going out to buy more several times. The ammy was faster though, 11 runes and he had perfect ammy.

I maged my Marie Aigue's Staff to perfect crits (+10) from +7 yesterday in three tries no failures. The maging with a fire potion then failed.

It seems to me that they UPed the % to mage stats onto equipment a lot but the changing of damage elements seems to be the same.

Edit: I'm also a lvl 76 Shoemagus and last night I was maging Small Strengthish Belts to +chance. Highest I got was +18 chance. So it seems even easier to add unnatural stats (except mp and ap) to an equip as well.

Edited by McGoobs

What the hell you've already retired Sheeta?!

Forgemaging Etiquette?

What is the proper way to go about having a forgemage mage an item of yours, using the invite to workshop function? This can take hours... What is the best way to go about it?

Just ask the forgemage what he or she would prefer. If it's just a simple element change, I use the invite to workshop function, but if they're asking me to fix stats on a staff (which can easily take an hour) I tend to ask them to leave the staff and runes with me and I'll call them when I'm finished. Always verify your mage is trustworthy before you leave stuff with them, though.

My personal pet peeve: I fail an element change, and the customer says "wait here while I get another potion." Sometimes, they'll leave me sitting there for half an hour while they wander around gathering up materials, borrowing money from friends, etc. Sometimes I get fed up and go /away and leave.

Forgemaging Etiquette?

Depends. If you're paying them some money, then you should expect a VERY good service.

If the maging is free, then you should not expect a good service at all. But, some people like me, like to mage just for the fun of how much can you push an item stats, so they provide good service without the need of payment.

Ask to get invited to the Workshop is the most polite way. And it's the one most used these days.

As well as the quality of the service, you can expect someone who's paying to stay as long as they like. If not, then the service is not good at all. If you're not paying for a mage, it's not the mager obligation to stay as long as you wish.

I provide sword smithing/maging at level 100 for like a week or two. I'm not the most patient person in the world, and I DID left some clients waiting for some minutes. BUT, my services are all free, so most know that as I don't ask anything to do ANY kind of craft, they should know that time and quality of service is not a must. They can, of course, get a crafter to do a pay-for-craft service, and expect a better service. OR NOT.

I just want to ask - how hard is to mage some effects to gelano? Not another AP rather something as +crits or +str

I just want to ask - how hard is to mage some effects to gelano? Not another AP rather something as +crits or +str

There is roughly a 50% chance to get either 1 Crit or 1 Range -- or loose the AP.

If you loose the AP on a fail while attempting to add Crit or Range, you might restore the AP again with a chance of roughly 50%, but AP runes are very costly. So it probably means, the Gelano is gone.

Chance to add 1 Crit or 1 Range: roughly 20%

Chance to loose the AP: 10% for every fail.

Do not attempt to add more than 1 additionally crit or range. I would also not "waste" a crit or range "slot" with Agi, Str, Vit or something like this.

Ok quick question does anyone know the rate at which you cn crush an AP Rune from an AP bearing item and also which equips you can actually get one from as i crushed 100 Rings of Satisfaction last night to discover they fail everytime in the Crusher

The rate of getting AP runes out of items depends on the "power". For low power items, like the Ring of Satisfaction, it is roughly about 0.05% to 0.1%, if not less.

But please bear with me, I cannot tell you the exact rate now since the rate is that low, that I would need to crush around 10.000 rings to be able to determine a more exact rate. I didn't manage to get that much resources yet ;)

for the ones still hoping in a 2 ap item

i heard the max itempower an item can achieve is original itempower x 1.5

so even if u consider a gelano (itempower = 1000) max itempower is 1500 so there won't be any 2 ap gelano...

if this is true like i heard i think that a 2ap wand of limbo is possible since the itempower is over 2000...

though i don't know how easy this can be...

would have been a nice test on the test server...

anyone tryed that?

edit: even a plimclik

Edited by vladthemage

I have tried to crush health and energy potions, and got the message that the recipe was good but the attempt failed. Anyone figured out how many it takes to be good or have you used them in combination with equipment and had success.

Okay, I just started staff magus, and I seem to be having some issues. From what I can tell, I can only mage small twiggy staffs, and these have no stats on them at all. So with a 5% success rate, and trying to mage a weapon with an unnatural stat, I haven't been able to get a single point of xp. Anyone have any ideas on how I can even get this profession to level up at all, under the new system? Thanks in advance for the help.

I would suggest getting a higher level staff mage to add some stats to some twiggy staffs for you. Apparently, once they have their first point of "unnatural" stats, it becomes easier to add more of that stat. If you see me on tonight, I'm happy to try it for you.

Edit: Also, the initiates staff is level 1, you can probably buy one of those. It should be easier to modify.

Edited by Yrona

for the ones still hoping in a 2 ap item

i heard the max itempower an item can achieve is original itempower x 1.5

so even if u consider a gelano (itempower = 1000) max itempower is 1500 so there won't be any 2 ap gelano...

if this is true like i heard i think that a 2ap wand of limbo is possible since the itempower is over 2000...

though i don't know how easy this can be...

would have been a nice test on the test server...

anyone tryed that?

edit: even a plimclik

Would a PDB be over enough to possibly get 2 ap?

3 ) How do you determine the power or lvl of a weapon / rune? (ie. I understand there is a higher fail rate on a bow that has +AP, but how do we know that?)

Still hoping for a calculation on this :)

1) That's what I've been doing.

2) I've made a couple of +200 pods Twiggy Swords :P Success rate seemed to be about 75%, and it went down as the number of pods increased.

thx! I've gotten from not having magus to lvl 75 since posting on this very method (except I'm making int/agi twiggy bows and selling them) :D

Ok quick question does anyone know the rate at which you cn crush an AP Rune from an AP bearing item and also which equips you can actually get one from as i crushed 100 Rings of Satisfaction last night to discover they fail everytime in the Crusher

Some one posted this in a tread, where they crushed a ton of ap equips, if I can find it I will post back here.

So... if i want to add an AP to a kam assutras amulet for a total of +2ap, im assuming its possible, if it fails then i lose the rune and ill need to get more?

Also, what are the ap runes called?

and why do ppl say it takes some mages half an hour to craft something? :D i dont get it

^-^ Kthxbai

Edited by SadidaForMe

Okay, I just started staff magus, and I seem to be having some issues. From what I can tell, I can only mage small twiggy staffs, and these have no stats on them at all. So with a 5% success rate, and trying to mage a weapon with an unnatural stat, I haven't been able to get a single point of xp. Anyone have any ideas on how I can even get this profession to level up at all, under the new system? Thanks in advance for the help.

I'm having the same problem with my newly started wand carvemage :D

Would a PDB be over enough to possibly get 2 ap?

if what i heard is true u cannot

pdb itempower maybe someting around 1100, so the max itempowerf achievable would be 1.5 time that ammount... only items with itempower 2000 or more would be maged with ap mp rune to go over the max ammount...

so neither a kam assutra...

well, if u want my opinion it is impossible at all, but it may also be this way, actually allowing only 2-3 items to be maged that way and with the lowest % u can have...

So what items can u give +APs then? :D

I think you can only give ap to items that have lost ap due to failed maging. Like if you loose the ap from your gelano by adding +crits, you can get the ap back.

What chibi said.

You can't add AP/MP to an item that doesn't have AP/MP as a bonus. So you can recover the +1 AP from your Gelano who lost this kind of bonus by maging, BUT you can't add it ANOTHER AP, for +2 AP, for example.

I asked earlier and no one answered so I will ask again, pardon for the repeat.

Has anyone had any success crushing health potions, and or energy potions. When I try it I get the message that the receipe was good but the attempt failed. So I am thinking that this might work but I am not going to waste potions if there is only a remote chance that this will work. I have tried mixing potions with equipment and have not been able to detect any additional runes.

Shawsheen, I don't think it's worthwhile crushing potions. Only equips can give you runes from what I understand.