• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Zatoishwan

Gift Code Scam

Hi. So I was intrigued when some random guy named 'Flokilleref-senkolo' started spamming /r with "Selling Dofus gift codes of COULIVE Hat/Cape/Shield , Skullcrasher , Hispanic Shield , Golden Hispanic Shield , Mimics , No cape , New Harnesses .. And other stuff you can check in dofus site , pm me for more infos !!"

I asked to buy a Skullcrusher, he wanted 10M for it; which is a super low price. Turns out he wanted me to go to a fake Ankama site to log in and obviously get hacked. Be careful out there guys

Hamidzaabbatfozabiwjehtabonzb (Flokilleref-senkolo) is in unknown area on the server Echo.

68j8WS7nQaeiC57BhmjMGw.png

Edited by Zatoishwan
2 people like this

Forward this on to the Dofus Mods Twitter if you haven't already.

1 person likes this

the wording is new but the technic is basically same thru years kek

offering a fake non-existent reward for going to a phishing site

evolution of krosmaster votes :^)

3 people like this

wow not only they phish you now, but they try to get some kamas beforehand as well

Well they need to feel you are getting a deal ,they will clean out you acc anyhow but they need to ask for a min payment

it's human psychology.

1 person likes this

They're getting better, perhaps in 20 years they'll be advanced enough to conjure up a decent phishing campaign.  What's always worried me is that if people do these types of bottom-feeding phishing scams it means people actually fall for it on a regular basis. Imagine if someone who knew what they were doing did it? ...they wouldn't be typing in-game though. It's also not like you need to be a wizard to setup an advanced phishing campaign either.

1 person likes this

A wise man once said: "If you are dumb enought to get scammed, you deserve to be scammed."

While I believe that to be true for the most part, a lot of kids who are still naive to the whole scamming game will probably fall for these things. My brother once fell for it when we were like 13 or 14, totally oblivious to what was actually happening. There was no Ankama shield yet, so we lost everything. We weren't dumb, just new to the gaming world and all its possible scams that come with it.

2 people like this

The main issue I see is that there's no fast way to report these low-lives. I have to personally talk to them (so I can safely say that they are indeed scammers) take multiple screenshots then forward them to Ankama and if I'm lucky, they'll see the message relatively quickly and take care of them. I have better things to do with my time rather than clean up the mess left by Ankama's negligence. Because, yes, not stationing a mod or two to monitor the chats is negligence. 

Edited by The_Golden_One
2 people like this

On 2/5/2018 at 10:14 AM, The_Golden_One said:

The main issue I see is that there's no fast way to report these low-lives. I have to personally talk to them (so I can safely say that they are indeed scammers) take multiple screenshots then forward them to Ankama and if I'm lucky, they'll see the message relatively quickly and take care of them. I have better things to do with my time rather than clean up the mess left by Ankama's negligence. Because, yes, not stationing a mod or two to monitor the chats is negligence. 

The problem is mods don't get paid anything for doing it, so I don't think they'd be able to control when mods are active on a regular basis. The majority of mods seem to be players who either end up quitting thus lose interest in modding overtime or would rather be playing the game than moderating it in their free time. Would be cool if they actually paid a couple of them to do a proper job. If it were up to me I'd try to hire @Gravestorm for general modding because of his massive contribution to the Dofus wiki. 

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, ЯeveЯt said:

The problem is mods don't get paid anything for doing it, so I don't think they'd be able to control when mods are active on a regular basis. The majority of mods seem to be players who either end up quitting thus lose interest in modding overtime or would rather be playing the game than moderating it in their free time. Would be cool if they actually paid a couple of them to do a proper job.

All valid points. I'll admit that standing from my position and roasting Ankama is relatively simple compared to this delicate problem they have here. Unless there is some form of wage involved, this game won't see any proper moderation. I think it's best if Ankama employees were given a raise in that they're paid for moderation shifts in game (might or might not be overtime).

Something really needs to happen but sadly I can see why they don't do anything about it. The scammed player either goes, "Oh shit, I got hacked. I'll just buy a ton of ogrines to catch up" or "Fuck this, I'm done." It's a 50% (or slightly lower) chance that they'll make a good buck out of every successful scam attempt. In a way, from a business albeit unethical point of view, I can see why nothing is being done.

I don't know if all mods are volunteers, but they could atleast get free subscription to Dofus as a way to improve morale.