• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
  • Announcements

• Rob

Merry IMPSMAS 2017!   12/07/17

There's 35mk up for grabs this year along with an Atanip hat & cape! 'Click Here' for your chance to win.  Yule regret missing out.
Alz94 aka Iwasawa-Loves

Your Dofus Nickname

Hello 

I'm very curious how did your nicknames come from? Is there any history behind them? Someone you admire?

Could it be your nickname idea? Where did he come from?

Maybe I will start, my nickname Iwasawa comes from the anime Angel Beats .... Iwasawa's history identifies with my person.

Is there anyone else who would like to boast of where he got his nickname idea ?

Mine is pretty self explanatory, my name is anthony clark, my nickname is anthonyclark.

Now that I think about it when I first made my account I think my nickname was catonfire but I think they changed it to my name for obvious reasons.

Edited by anthonyclark
1 person likes this

Sadida on Rosal, back in 2006/2007, was called Goatee, because I had a little goatee mustache at the time (and for the next 6 years iirc).

Then Ankama released Zatoishwan as the first 2.0 server, and with 2.0 came the Novice Set. Its hat kinda looks like a sailor/captain hat so my guildies called me Captain Goat.

I quit Dofus for 2-3 years and developed the backstory of "Cap'n Goat" on IRC, Reddit, and various other online communities before I returned to Dofus and renamed my Sadida on Rosal "Capngoat".

I haven't been able to tell the whole extended backstory in 5 years, especially not on Dofus, as it doesn't quite fit with the game's universe. I adapted as best as I could though.

2 people like this

I use to watch jackie chan adventures when i was 15, and there was a kungfu red haired dude that was named hakfoo, and i was retarded back then and couldnt spell properly so i named myself hakfu because ecas had a spell called felintion which at the time i thought was a kungfu move based on the animation.

6 people like this

1 person likes this

Had just played a game of Fire Emblem 7 and it had an intro movie involving "The Scouring". Thought that sounded cool and involved dragons, so Scour it is. xD

2 people like this

Final Fantasy 8

Magic The Gathering

Final Fantasy 6

The 1987 Rock Band

NO RAGRETS.

3 people like this

First console game was ratchet & clank. Veldin is the name of the homeplanet of the main character Ratchet. Since then all my chars are named after other planets in the games.

6 people like this

I was reading The Wheel of Time back when I started playing Dofus, and one of the side character's backstory was that he failed to protect his nephew, Owyn. I thought the name was cool, so I took it.

My Elio was originally a Masqueraider, and King of Fighters XIII had come out around the same time that I made that character, so I named him Takuma, after one of the characters.

My Eni was the name a friend of mine used when she tried Dofus. She didn't stick with it, but she had a pretty pink Eni named Marrona, so I kept the name and colors.

My Panda, Cayden, is the Pathfinder god of freedom and booze.

And lastly, my Ougi (Felan) is an anglicized version of an Irish baby name meaning "small wolf"

Edited by Owyn
3 people like this

7 hours ago, Tibalt said:

Final Fantasy 8

Magic The Gathering

Final Fantasy 6

The 1987 Rock Band

NO RAGRETS.

NERD

4 people like this

4 people like this

Found some shit series on netflix called Jericho and tought it sounded ok so took it when i moved server. Now I got the nickname Xelor just cus it was available no other reason

3 people like this

I really don't know, I don't like the sun and I'm not tan..

8 people like this

I took this name in the Naruto fan channel of Pokemon Netbattle in 2006. True competitive Pokemon fans know Netbattle as *the* competitive battling software of Gen 3. I was introduced to Dofus by friends from there using the names of Shikamaru, Temari, and (I think) Kankuro.

1 person likes this

Dagoroth is my nickname. Around the time I was started playing Dofus I had also been playing a lot of Morrowind which was an earlier Elder scrolls game. In Morrowind, the main boss in that game was Dagoth ur. Dagoroth just popped into my head so that's what I started with, I don't know it was so long ago xD.

2 people like this

Was like the .... are these randomly generated nicknames.

Edited by TheFook
1 person likes this

Carcharoth was a wolf in Tolkien's book The Silmarillion.

All my chars are named after characters from Tolkien's writings.

2 people like this

Revert because I always return to this game no matter how long I stay away from it. My first character was called Donk because I thought it sounded cool and it rolled over from my character on an older Korean MMO called Knight Online.

It's refreshing to see you guys have good taste in games. 

2 people like this

It was 10+ years ago, I was stupid and young gamer and I didn't have my "own" nick. So i was going to school like young twats do, always by old bus. And one day i thought, this oldschool unstoppable awesome bus is cool, even if It wasn't,  but for me it was. So i become ikarus and im proud of it.

Pic related, this is oryginal one from my town.

ikarus_893.jpg

Edited by ikaruspl
3 people like this

When I first started playing all my characters had "chaos" as a part of the name (think my first main was Winged-Chaos, suicidal little hammer Eni), because I was a little kid and thought I was cool.

After I outgrew that I started using Dedlaw, simply an anagram of my middle name

1 person likes this