• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Gravestorm

Monster Aggro Changes

39 posts in this topic

I don't mind the aggro system that we have been dealing with for years. It creates areas where not many people want to go and thus creating higher priced resources. i like that there are lower level, easy to farm areas that are just difficult to get to. But this new system is annoying, I logged in one several accounts and just so happen to be in the Agony Valley area and was immediately aggroed on each character. I don't like the fact that even if you aren't moving, you will be aggrod. I shouldn't be 200 and being aggrod by level 60 monsters unless i run right into them or near them. They should be frightened of me, not willing to fight.

Edit: What the hell do i replace my Enu with? Sram? Another Cra? x.x

Edited by Dovahkiin
2 people like this

Another consequence of this hare-brained idea is that it's impossible to take a map for KotH anywhere with aggro mobs. I've just tested this theory in the bandit territory. After a few seconds some shitty lvl 40 Rogue Bandit attacks.

Update: the exception to this rule are aggro areas with a dungeon because dungeon entrance maps have no mobs. So whoever controls that map is probably going to win the KotH.

Edited by --VU--
update

Maybe Ankama is playing some five-dimensional chess here. They're implementing an aggro system that's SO bad, everyone is begging for the old system back, so they can turn around and claim there was nothing ever wrong with the current system since we all called for it back so much. That way, they never actually have to solve the current aggro system in the game.

if only it was true for sac revamp

1 hour ago, Jesternaut said:

Maybe Ankama is playing some five-dimensional chess here. They're implementing an aggro system that's SO bad, everyone is begging for the old system back, so they can turn around and claim there was nothing ever wrong with the current system since we all called for it back so much. That way, they never actually have to solve the current aggro system in the game.

I'm actually more willing to bet that they only revamped the aggro system because the current one would make it impossible for them to implement the auto-pilot mounts. If you don't get aggro'd if you never stop moving, then mounts shouldn't be aggro'd, and it incentivizes people to buy the auto-pilot meats. Under the current aggro system your mount would go 5 maps and then run headlong into some monsters.

1 person likes this

Lol that must be it! Good catch

In that case, they should just make an option for these supposed auto-pilot mounts that avoids aggressive mobs and just waits if it can't T.T

6 hours ago, Sommanker said:

In that case, they should just make an option for these supposed auto-pilot mounts that avoids aggressive mobs and just waits if it can't T.T

sure, and next update will have 5 extra GB for the AI to avoid mobs 

2 people like this

Was the beta supposed to be updated with the 60sec immunity to aggro? If so, then that didn't work at all. I made it 4 maps into the new area before I wass aggressed, not even 5 seconds after I entered the map.

2 people like this

4 hours ago, --VU-- said:

Was the beta supposed to be updated with the 60sec immunity to aggro? If so, then that didn't work at all. I made it 4 maps into the new area before I wass aggressed, not even 5 seconds after I entered the map.

60 second if you don't move at all once you enter/log in a new map

Suppose I arrive at a map in an aggro area. I stand still for a few seconds because map loading takes time, lag etc. Even if I'm not aggroed in those few seconds, the instant I try to move, I'll be hit. That is wrong. I recommend you do some testing yourself.

5f9b694932b22e94c664a606897f06a6.gif

3 people like this

For what it's worth, I've run another test in the new area. I autopiloted to the dungeon entrance (or what I though it would be, couldn't find an NPC to talk to). That worked without aggro. I then ran around the area, even collecting the odd Waste Item for a quest, talking to NPCs but never standing still much and was not aggroed either. When I ran past mobs they started oggling me but left me alone. So something has changed for the (marginally) better.

Aggro was disabled in a lot of places today on the Beta for some reason, except the new areas, maybe they did something to it.

2 people like this