• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Gravestorm

Tell me your ideas for Dofus in 2018

38 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

As some of you may have seen, there's a thread on the official forums about giving 10 ideas for Dofus in 2018 from which the English Ambassadors would select the most requested/needed/realistical/having the biggest impact ideas to be presented directly to the devs in Ankama HQ. Sadly, we won't get English Ambassadors for this particular duty, so I'll be helping Nerodos and Izmar compile a separate list from all channels that the English community use, feel free to add every single idea you have in the official forum post if you want of course, though be sure to reply to this thread with serious ideas and maybe even some reasoning behind them here as well, every idea has a chance to make it to this list, I'm sure the English community knows a lot of different subjects that can be presented to the dev team that the French can't even think of.

We don't have too much time, so be sure to share this and act quick.

Both long term and short term/urgent ideas for the game are wanted.

Thank you.
Let's make Dofus English again.

Edited by Gravestorm
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Well, you said every idea had a chance, so

I want the inventory item transferring buttons (transfer all visible/all items/etc., that are available in the bank) to be available in interfaces such as the magus crafting interface so that we don't have to hold ctrl and spam click for a minute.

I'd also like more variety in ways to earn profession xp, so it's more than just clicking on harvestable things for hours. Maybe simply more ways to do it, or quests and achieves that give (a meaningful amount of) xp to professions? This one came off the top of my head. At the moment profession levelling is pretty boring, which is why I've never really bothered with them.

This one came off the top of my head too - and I don't know if this one is possible or worth doing, but a kanjoedo server where you can test out sets - with a bank of all the items provided, like is done with the tournaments. Of course, you shouldn't be able to fight other monsters or players here, as that kinda removes a lot of incentive to actually play the game.

Also, add better market filtering - so one can perhaps search the tailors market and filter by items that give 90+ strength and 40+ wisdom, and in the pet market, only see level 100 chamo mounts. And make more info visible on mount certs too.

Edit: Just remembered this I wrote quite a while ago, this is a pretty big thing but I still think it would be a cool idea. http://impsvillage.com/forums/topic/149352-mechanically-interestingdifferentunique-fights/

Edited by Sommanker

17 minutes ago, Sommanker said:

This one came off the top of my head too - and I don't know if this one is possible or worth doing, but a kanjoedo server where you can test out sets - with a bank of all the items provided, like is done with the tournaments. Of course, you shouldn't be able to fight other monsters or players here, as that kinda removes a lot of incentive to actually play the game.

Ankama doesn't want to let the players do that, and if you can't fight monsters/players, then it's pretty much a Set builder, can just use a website for that.

1 person likes this

More methods of transportation or shortcuts. The world keeps getting bigger and sometimes more complicated (compare new Sidimote to the old one). Haven bags make a lot of stuff easier, but mainly for coming back. There are many places that are annoying to get to.

I'd like if there were more quests that made moving around easier, like the elevators in merkator's zone (though that may not be the best example because that part of the game was made hard to access on purpose to begin with).

They could also open imps carriers and wabbit tunnels to everyone for a price, with the owners of the zones getting free transport.

3 people like this

A option to teleport to the group leader

pokemon repel potion so u dont get aggroed by mobs wherever u go

2 people like this

19 minutes ago, phakboi said:

A option to teleport to the group leader

pokemon repel potion so u dont get aggroed by mobs wherever u go

Agro is actually the most annoying thing in this game. They should delete this finally :(

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

well there will be no big impacts anymore in this dead game, these '''big impacts'' should've happen 4-5 years ago.

if they just made proffesion easy before the rework instead of grinding it hours of wasting, than it would be alot more fun to get gears and items.

An option  for maged & non-maged gears mode in kolo.

oh and trust me french only listen to the english community for like 1%.

Edited by God Iop

The list so far, feel free to add in and/or suggest the numbering, will expand a bit more tomorrow morning and send it in.

rsz_screenshot_from_2017-10-05_01-36-45.

rsz_screenshot_from_2017-10-05_01-36-49.

1 person likes this

My two cents:

ADD MORE IDOLS. PLEASE. P L E A S E.

Put a Phoenix in each Divine Dimension, or at least make the energy loss from dying 2000 instead of 4000.

More cosmetics can literally never go wrong.

Add an achievement/challenge tracker in fights: e.g. you can set it so that the game will tell you if you fail Statue or Nomad or Barbaric, etc. 

Can we just ... cool it on the mother-in-law jokes? There are enough of those. xD

3 people like this

Out of all the items on that list, the only thing I'm concerned about are pets. Most soul eater pets are disproportionately grindy to feed. Especially the ones that are outclassed by something else, which makes them extra pointless. Look a this http://dofuswiki.wikia.com/wiki/Scarakiri. Does it make sense to run minotot 6 times to get a worse +damage pet? Or running field dungeons hundreds of times for this https://www.dofus.com/en/mmorpg/encyclopedia/pets/12982-mouselet?

Posted (edited)

raise the level cap.

get rid of adobe air already. (java based wakfu engine?)

Edited by winged-one

What will ankama even consider if it's not a service or a cosmetic that you have to spend ogrines for? :thinking: Game will dead if ankama can't keep sustaining ogrine prices, because mom's wallet users will use alternative methods to get kamas due to ogrine price going down real quick.

Give us 64-bit clients. The memory leaks in this game are awful. Run through village to see the vendors and then you have to restart because the game is running on some outdated crap abobe air. Funny how the game itself is the bottleneck for it, since hardware does absolutely nothing in this scenario, unless you're using on a pentium with its inbuilt iGPU.

Posted (edited)

There are some really good points here, but I wanna add my thoughts into some:

1. Locking Items: is really good, but I have another idea to solve the problem of picking items back from your bank.

Two new slots of inventory (like equipments, resources, etc.) and they are idols and gadgets. Idols part is self-explanatory, and the gadgets would hold Xelorium time-winding clocks, Sufokia propellers and new gadgets to come.

Or alternatively we can have a "Locked" item slot, where we can put all types of items that won't go to Bank.

2. Cosmetics: New costumes/cosmetics area always good, but I think separating them into sleeves, pants etc. would make it really messy, we would probably have to grind resources for each part etc. Though I would want more crafted harnesses and costumes through handyman and tailor (like the Foggernaut Harness, we can have a special harness/costume for each area which wants resources from that specific area).

3. Kolossium: I think ISK needs more rewarding, right now I do Kolossium for fun but there is no way a person can actually grind himself SP scrolls etc. through it. Maybe there could be a win-streak bonus or a Kolossoken bonus depending on your rating (3500-4000 rating gets +50 Kolossoken per win etc.) or like others said, a seasonal ranking prize.

4. Idols: I really agree we need more idols. I like the 508 where you play around ranged/mp red. comp but we need a rewarding idol "combo" for a melee and mid ranged fight comp. (Maybe an idol only works when you are between 5-10 cells from your target for mid range etc.)

NEW CONCERN: Teams, I use a team myself but having one should be a choice not a must. Two things: there are too many group fights in quests (Srambad, im looking at you), game should give you NPC-sidekicks in group fights if you don't have people with you.

Also the amount of resources required for a single item, most sufokia items want 70 to 90 of resources, is way too much. I know they are easy to farm with 508 etc. but for a single accounter its unrealistic to grind that much for a single item.

Edited by Azaknami
2 people like this

I don’t play dofus on pc for like 4 years, so take it with grain of salt because some ideas may be out of date. I’m playing the dofus touch tho.

-  

Bunch of Keys: Change the color or strickthrough the used keys instead of remove from the list.  (sometimes we roll couple times to be sure there is no key used)

- For those that have a craft profession: Add a short menu in theirs chest/bank to filter only related item to selected profession. ( something like we already have in craft interface, this feature may help a lot)

- Allow the craft interface to access the bank chest

_ I would like to see in the shopping char slot to sell, to increase our char number per server, something like we already have in wakfu. It may be usefull mainly for mono acc server.

- Allow us to insert a note in the friend list and guildies, help to identify ppl.

- Put an encyclopedia in game to allow us to search for item

- I really appreciate the lairs introduction on dofus touch, mono acc server would love it too.

- Dungeon teleport potion *.* ( Useable just for those that have done this dung once)

- Dual spec – A purchase item that allow you to create an alternative build, something like: Your main build are Feca int used for PvM but u can change to Feca str for pvp switching anytime between builds. ( I heard that they are changing the orb to allow something similar).

17 minutes ago, Sano said:

- Dual spec – A purchase item that allow you to create an alternative build, something like: Your main build are Feca int used for PvM but u can change to Feca str for pvp switching anytime between builds. ( I heard that they are changing the orb to allow something similar).

Yes they're changing orb so you can restat anytime in a period of 30 days. But the main problem for me haven't changed, you can't change your stats in pre-battle.

2 hours ago, dreamnvz said:

Yes they're changing orb so you can restat anytime in a period of 30 days. But the main problem for me haven't changed, you can't change your stats in pre-battle.

Not changing but adding a second orb type.

Posted (edited)

....andd for that new orb type you pretty much need to pay for 2.5 extra subs/month/acc, so imo it doesn't really solve that for those who aren't rich af.

Edited by Sommanker
1 person likes this

12 hours ago, winged-one said:

get rid of adobe air already. (java based wakfu engine?)

12 hours ago, white cat 22 said:

Give us 64-bit clients. The memory leaks in this game are awful. Run through village to see the vendors and then you have to restart because the game is running on some outdated crap abobe air. Funny how the game itself is the bottleneck for it, since hardware does absolutely nothing in this scenario, unless you're using on a pentium with its inbuilt iGPU.

Dofus Cube will be their solution to that, sadly Dofus 2 won't be able to get such drastic changes, unless it flourishes with activity I guess.

16 hours ago, Scour said:

Put a Phoenix in each Divine Dimension, or at least make the energy loss from dying 2000 instead of 4000.

Add an achievement/challenge tracker in fights: e.g. you can set it so that the game will tell you if you fail Statue or Nomad or Barbaric, etc.

They've said no, sorry (well they didn't say sorry, it's just there to make it a bit better).

4 people like this

19 hours ago, Scour said:

ADD MORE IDOLS. PLEASE. P L E A S E.

14 hours ago, Azaknami said:

4. Idols: I really agree we need more idols. I like the 508 where you play around ranged/mp red. comp but we need a rewarding idol "combo" for a melee and mid ranged fight comp. (Maybe an idol only works when you are between 5-10 cells from your target for mid range etc.)

The main problem with Idols currently is the Ranged 508 meta we have and adding more Idols, even if only Melee, wouldn't make it any better, Idol rework of sorts would probably be a better first step.

Final probably useless thought:

Get rid of energy entirely. Fuck it. It's totally useless and the only thing it has ever done for me is waste my goddamn time. Keep ghosting for Primitive Cemetery and AvA but otherwise fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck it. Shoulda been abolished years ago.

1 person likes this

Acts as a resource sink through bread/potions and also prevents people attempting dungeons endlessly without sacrifice. Fucking annoying but I believe it has a purpose. 

Give me an option to get rid of that annoying tab that comes up every time I become a ghost. I find it very condescending. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

15 hours ago, Sommanker said:

....andd for that new orb type you pretty much need to pay for 2.5 extra subs/month/acc, so imo it doesn't really solve that for those who aren't rich af.

There's nothing to "solve" though. If you want to reset every day (which is retarded by the way)  you either pay for it or work for it. Orbs are a luxury thing, you don't HAVE to buy them to reset. Just spend a day on oto and a normal person has enough relics for another year.

It's like saying woah Lamborghini just released their new car but it's so expensive that doesn't solve it for those who aren't rich af. It's a fucking luxury product just like orbs in dofus, and for luxury you have to pay.

Edit: stop whining and just be happy they release a new kind of orb.

Edited by bobeur
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Are there any news on Spell Points? I heard from some people that they will remove them or change them? Which I think they should... 2 of my single element chars required 45-60 sp scrolls each for utility spells :(

Maybe not remove them completely but allow us to get them with doploons or questing etc.

Edited by Azaknami