• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Roope

Questions about huppermage

Are huppermages good in pvp or pvm? 

What role they play in team, damage dealer or some kind of a support?

What builds are best for them ?

I have seen many full agi in PvP videos, i have seen couple as full cha in kolossium and i heard from friend that huppers should be atleast hybrid or omni if possible. 

Some example builds would be nice also.

18 hours ago, Roope said:

Are huppermages good in pvp or pvm? 

What role they play in team, damage dealer or some kind of a support?

What builds are best for them ?

I have seen many full agi in PvP videos, i have seen couple as full cha in kolossium and i heard from friend that huppers should be atleast hybrid or omni if possible. 

Some example builds would be nice also.

Huppermages are good in PvP that's for sure (probably in PvM also). Most of them are damage dealers, but you have some spells that are support based like shields/heals? In my opinion the best builds are full Agi or full Chance. Any build mix with cool damage and resists should be even fine if only you are good with this class. 

i play mine in pvm

she's the hardest hitting single target damage dealer on my team and her kit is bloated with all kinds of utility for weird situations. someone needs a heal? she can do that if it's urgent. mob needs to be moved? she can coop, telefrag, push and pull. someone's locked? she can make mobs in an aoe unable to lock. just about the only thing she can't do is take MP to prevent approach (water spells are mostly CC, so water/earth combo is more to prevent escape) and summon.

huppermages are consistent dps, not burst dps. they ramp up and then stay like that mostly for the rest of the fight. ramping up is easy and because all your buffing spells are also attacks you're not sitting there casting a bazillion buffs (which turns me off of iop and cra). it's a lot of fun just jumping straight in with fighting things on turn one.

she's also tanky as all hell, elemental shield buffing her res to 50% across the board, and she's able to steal fuckloads of agility to lock while reducing the boss's final damage and just sitting on it while the rest of my chars go to town (and not even doing bad damage while stealing their stats). i've used her to tank bosses you're "not supposed to" tank, because i don't listen to cowards who don't have a huppermage.

to more directly compare her to an iop (since they're both melee damage dealers), i would say. pick a huppermage if you don't mind sacrificing some damage to gain all the utility and tankiness in the world. pick a huppermage if you want to play something that's more interesting than an iop. pick a huppermage if you want to finally play the meme chance iop.