• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
  • Announcements

• Rob

Merry IMPSMAS 2017!   12/07/17

There's 35mk up for grabs this year along with an Atanip hat & cape! 'Click Here' for your chance to win.  Yule regret missing out.
Animuffin_Rosal

TOURNAMENT OF THE DAWN

98 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, yellowaznboi said:

Nice idea, I really like this, good work Amber! 

Only issue I see at the moment is finding enough good players to join the tournament, and having DAWN as the representative of the tournament wouldn't look good either, given the current climate of things. (i.e. CYGNUS being absolutely trashed on and holding a large majority of the servers population)

I suggest making a neutral tournament, where no brands are mentioned, this would most likely increase your participation rates by a good degree. 

Of course there are many factors involved in gaining traction to the tournament, but good start! 

Of course, I won't be joining this time around, but it will be interesting to see what potential we have on this server, good practice for next year too! We need to beat those Frenchies! 

-Love

c7b287d104f94e76cca0e4310436085e.png

It's a "dawn" tournament because it was originally just for the dawn alliance members, but after further demand to participate, amber kindly opened the doors for anyone (-thesus and his multi logging bumfuckery) to join. 

Im sure players won't be as petty to not participate because of a "branding issue", heck coca-cola knowingly destroy my guts yet I'll still drink it?

1 person likes this

coca cola for plebs ^____^

Band Of The Hawk

Team Captain: Urmom, Sacrier, 200 

Urdog, Ouginak, 200                              

Enimportequoi, Eniripsa, 200                              

Pervalidus, Iop, 200                              

Sub:                Neo-Khalifa, Enutrof, 200

Edited by xjoost
1 person likes this

weak

2 people like this

3 hours ago, Tezar said:

It's a "dawn" tournament because it was originally just for the dawn alliance members, but after further demand to participate, amber kindly opened the doors for anyone (-thesus and his multi logging bumfuckery) to join. 

Im sure players won't be as petty to not participate because of a "branding issue", heck coca-cola knowingly destroy my guts yet I'll still drink it?

Well you'll be surprised how petty some people can be. Just a suggestion either way. 

I don't mean to get on your case, but what demand? LOL! 

2 teams registered and its been 2 days already? Honestly I think you guys should have just beta run it within your alliance to fix some quirks and what not, then open it up to a wider audience. 

And if you didn't realise, branding is really important, maybe not on Dofus because of its small player base, but you only drink Coca-cola because of the very fact that they have a good brand. LOL! So sure, keep drinking, because they are selling you hard. 

Kek.

6 hours ago, yellowaznboi said:

I suggest making a neutral tournament, where no brands are mentioned, this would most likely increase your participation rates

Hi Matt! I'm very grateful for your input and am going to take this opportunity to talk about how this tournament came to be. I started out with a small, guild-only tournament for my members to get to know each other better and bond. At some point we had to open up registration to alliance members to fill in spots, and it's been so beneficial for our guild as a whole hence the idea for an alliance tournament. After discussing with our alliance leaders, however, we realized that this would be an amazing opportunity to bring the server together for something other than prisms and percs. So it transformed into this - a tournament for all of Ech'O organized by leaders of dawn (with some spies from plat). The tournament hasn't even begun yet but I've been in contact with the leaders of various alliances who have been nothing but positive, even helping with contributing banners, advice, and streamers within their alliances. I won't be changing the name because I want to remember the tournaments roots and how incredibly fast our referee team worked to open it up to the public. I'm very excited to see what the pvpers of Ech'O bring to the table and I can't wait to learn from this experience

4 people like this

33 minutes ago, Animuffin_Rosal said:

Hi Matt! I'm very grateful for your input and am going to take this opportunity to talk about how this tournament came to be. I started out with a small, guild-only tournament for my members to get to know each other better and bond. At some point we had to open up registration to alliance members to fill in spots, and it's been so beneficial for our guild as a whole hence the idea for an alliance tournament. After discussing with our alliance leaders, however, we realized that this would be an amazing opportunity to bring the server together for something other than prisms and percs. So it transformed into this - a tournament for all of Ech'O organized by leaders of dawn (with some spies from plat). The tournament hasn't even begun yet but I've been in contact with the leaders of various alliances who have been nothing but positive, even helping with contributing banners, advice, and streamers within their alliances. I won't be changing the name because I want to remember the tournaments roots and how incredibly fast our referee team worked to open it up to the public. I'm very excited to see what the pvpers of Ech'O bring to the table and I can't wait to learn from this experience

It's a very touching story, and I'm all down to players bonding over a tournament. You guys have my blessing for sure, and I'm amazed at how fast you got back into the game considering you came back a few weeks ago. 

Though again, I'd like to point out a few things more. Though I realize for the current moment, you guys have already started so this feedback would only be viable in the next tournament.

1. First the wall of text. Very hard to read, you see, I'm Asian, my eyes don't work so well. 
2. Amazing that you've spoken to others about it, keep going. Though again, CYGNUS, 7000 members, would they be down?
3. Timing could have been better

• I think this event could have probably been postponed to a later date when things have calmed down from the official dofus tournament among other factors. I actually think doing this tournament in conjunction with a theme would have been ideal. 
  1. For example, A Halloween holiday tournament. The idea is to gain exposure with aid of the fact that Halloween is a holiday, and where people have more time to play. This aims to solve 2 issues. Busy people not having time to play and not many players know about this website.

4. Branding could be better like anything else, but if it were me, I'd probably target towards the masses. Get  CYGNUS, XEL, FORCE, INT alliances to participate. That can only really happen if they believe they are standing on neutral grounds in my opinion. It is quite patronising in some sense to be playing under the roof of DAWN. 

Though I can see why some members from other alliances would be down for that. The 50mk being the biggest incentive. 

5. Barriers to entry. Considering this is a new tournament. I'd consider reducing or removing the entry fee for now, so as to convince people to join. The whole idea is to gather a community together. 1mk might not be much to ask for some, but more so for others than you might think. 

Good work Amber! You really are a leader among others like Adam :P 

But not to get petty about things, the larger picture should be about a few things.

1. Community, creating a unified sense of belonging to the server ECHO and not DAWN.

2. Bringing together good players, and exposing good players who wouldn't have such opportunity to show off their skills. 

3. Inspiring the newer generation to play to such a high caliber.

4. And ultimately, beating the god damn Frenchies at their own game.

Hyun-Ae (Matt)

c7b287d104f94e76cca0e4310436085e.png

Edited by yellowaznboi
2 people like this

12 minutes ago, yellowaznboi said:

1. First the wall of text. Very hard to read, you see, I'm Asian, my eyes don't work so well. 

Your wall of text hurt my eyes

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Tezar said:

Your wall of text hurt my eyes

Same :( 

Had to be done though. 

Here's a nice song to ease the pain.

16 minutes ago, yellowaznboi said:

1. First the wall of text.
2. keep going
3. Timing

4. Branding
5. Barriers to entry.

Again, I appreciate your input.

1. I'll see what I can do about formatting later while remaining thorough and detailed
2. Absolutely, but I would appreciate any assistance I could get. Outreach is a group effort, and I could absolutely use the help!
3. I consulted with a group of people while creating the schedule, but I will keep this in mind for next time.
4. I understand where you're coming from, and will take this into consideration next time. I will not be changing the name of this tournament.

5. I am reducing the entry fee to 500kk per person, or 2mk per team. I'll be donating another 16m towards the tournament so this should not affect the prize pool unless we receive more than eight entries. Thank you for pointing this out.

3 people like this

Who is CYNGUS? Anyone who actually takes PvP seriously knows they barely got real PvPers. Percs for example. And we all know the amount of people an alliance has, has absolutely nothing to do with howmuch interest there is for a tournament.
Pff timing? Seems fine to me, everyone back from holiday, no one even participates in Dofus World Series anyway. 
And who cares about the damn name, just sign up already instead of tingoing everyone at -1,0.

Edited by Goji
4 people like this

Hi

12 minutes ago, Iplayprofanity said:

Hi

Big fan 

1 person likes this

30 minutes ago, Animuffin_Rosal said:

Big fan 

Even bigger fan 

6 minutes ago, Iplayprofanity said:

Even bigger fan 

IMG_9012.PNG

me

7 people like this

21 hours ago, Animuffin_Rosal said:

IMG_9012.PNG

me

I'm still bigger fan. 

Just now, Iplayprofanity said:

I'm still bigger fan. 

its ok i am air conditioning 

4 people like this

Just now, Animuffin_Rosal said:

its ok i am air conditioning 

wow ok you got me. <3

1 person likes this

Update: The prize pool is now over 132mk based on kama donations alone!
Thank you Steam-alb, Morchaa, and America-The-Greatest for your generosity <3

Reminder that registration will be closing on the 28th, get remember to get your team composition/entry fees in y'all!

1 person likes this

Hi,

We suscribe : No noob no arnak

Captain :       Justin-Doua - Xelor.

Choca-Pikk - Rogue

Mask-Hagaz - Mask
Dorafwer-sacri - Sacri

+ Todes-lenoub - Enutrof

Gl all.

1 person likes this

30 minutes ago, Fe-cabrun said:

We suscribe : No noob no arnak