• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Snarkles

Back, and some special announcements!

Hello everyone on Imps~
I just wanted to make a post detailing a few things on why I've been on breaks this year and the last, why I am back, and finally what my plans are, because I have some announcements I think many would be interested in. :)

I've been playing for a long, long time now, and pretty steadily, with few breaks. In the last couple years though, that changed, and I found on break more often than not, and even avoiding logging on. There are many reasons for this really.. but the main ones are that I was adjusting to new work,schedule, changes in my life, bothered by certain updates (sac revamp for one..) and that I actually felt under too much pressure to get online.

Which I know sounds ridiculous: under pressure to log on, this is Dofus we're talking about right? A little 2D cartoony game with a fart emote. Well the thing is, on top of leading a guild, one of the main reasons I logged was to write more dimension/Dofus quest guides. And when that got frustrating, or I was stuck, or didn't work quickly enough on it, I'd "fall behind". And falling behind made it even harder to get back on, so I avoided logging on. And the more I did that, the more content piled up, the more I missed with my guild, and so on. When that compounded, months could easily pass before I got back on.

Now, as for why I am back, and feel more confident about it. Early this year life hit me with a truck, forcing me to find new living arrangements and such, and after too many months out of work, I just recently started a new position. Something about working full-time again (ie much less free time) actually invigorated me, and gave me the energy to log on after what had been 3 months at least. After logging, I found myself doing questing, and now and then, I'd get a PM from people thanking me for the guides and all. I think what cemented my current mentality was people asking for Abyssal/Ivory guides.. which brings me to my final point and announcements.

I'll make another post about this tomorrow with more detail, but essentially I intend to finally continue working on my guides. :) I'll be going about it a different way, going at a more regular pace than before, instead of tiring myself out. Additionally, and this is an experiment I hope will prove fruitful, I will be opening up a Patreon. Not only do some posts take hours to complete, but I often need to subscribe extra accounts for either fights or getting more accurate information. With my new job, I have less time than I have before, and I'm making, for now, about half I once was, so help making it possible would be much appreciated. I intend to officially launch it on September 1st, and again, more details will come tomorrow.

IMPORTANT: I got into this to help others, and continued because it ended up being fun, and never for personal gain. Regardless of the result, I intend to work on guides for as long as people appreciate them, so long as I enjoy doing it, and will never put them up behind a pay-wall or anything.

516eff2d4698a742d25ea0e46ed52c33.png

19 people like this

gl snark god

2 people like this

welcome back and gl with ur future guides!

imo never u should rush things, in the long run quality is better than speed, moreover with slower speed u can also enjoy the overall process of doing quests and guides

even if frenchies and some nerds get dofuses done within few days after new update, new players will always find the guides useful, heck those guides might be the main encouragement for new players to start doing dofuses (or quests overall)

i remember long time ago ur merkator map was the thing that encouraged me to explore the abyss area, and while today i'm sure i know the entire area almost by heart, the guide will always be useful for other players

take ur time c:

2 people like this

Nice to see you again here, but I had the same problem with the Sac update and now I'm a Panda. Also I have a break till next month and I can't wait to comeback. Good luck with everything you are going to do :)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

It's great to have you back around! I've been using your guides since I came back to Dofus, and they've crutched me through more dungeons and quests than I'd really care to admit. What Quadro says is correct - don't pressure yourself to churn out content as fast as possible. I still use and refer people back to your dofus/Srambad/Enurado guides just because of how quality you are. Good stuff lasts.

Edit edit: how could I forget the Vulk guide, which saved my life

Thanks for everything you do, and I'm looking forward to your Patreon!!

Edited by Capslok
2 people like this

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. :)

17 hours ago, Quadro said:

i remember long time ago ur merkator map was the thing that encouraged me to explore the abyss area, and while today i'm sure i know the entire area almost by heart, the guide will always be useful for other players

You know, people mention that from time to time, and I always forget I even made it. ._.

7 minutes ago, Capslok said:

I still use and refer people back to your ice dofus/protoz'orror guides just because of how quality you are.

That sinking feeling when you've been confused for someone else... I did Divine Dimensions/Kwismas/Vulk/Dofi quests, but not Ice Dofus :/...

1 person likes this

I realized my mistake as soon as I posted it, please forgive me ;_;

ive followed your guide for every primordial dofus i own. i would die for you, snark. welcome back.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Scour said:

i would die for you, snark. welcome back.

Please do not do that.

Edited by Snarkles
5 people like this

It's awesome to see such a dedicated player! I've used just about all of your guides as well, and some of them years after you made them. For example revisiting quests on alts and going back to Vulkania. It's been nice being able to rely on your page. You'll have my support! 

1 person likes this

I figured it would be best if I put the post under my Artist Cove thread, here's the link. Please share it so it gets traction! Thanks <3

Can't wait for your next guides to start rolling out Snark! Welcome back ♥️

1 person likes this

The Patreon is now live! You can sign up and everything, though my understanding is that processing won't take place until the start of the next month.

https://www.patreon.com/snarklesparkles

On 8/30/2017 at 0:48 AM, Animuffin_Rosal said:

Can't wait for your next guides to start rolling out Snark! Welcome back ♥️

Thanks <3 I have extra shifts this month (right in the middle of my days off) so it'll be slow at first. But that's how I want it, slower and steadier should make it less taxing on me. I think I want to start with the first branch of the Abyssal Dofus (need a fresh character for that), clean up some errors due to changes in the game, and begin Ivory. ^^

Hi Snark. I been Following for a LONG time as well. i just returned(After 5yrs) and was wondering when/if you have time, will you be doing videos again as well i enjoyed watching them in the past and would love to see more :D

1 person likes this