• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bolvangar

Old player thinking of coming back

Posted (edited)

In the process of installing the game, just wondering if it's worth coming back to? I started playing around 1.25 maybe (?) Possibly earlier...and I quit just as Foggers were released. Had a few level 200's, did a lot of PvP but all my friends were quitting, I was getting bored, and eventually I quit too. Played on Solar. 

What's the state of the game like? Would it be easy for me to get back into? Should I instead play the classic 1.29 version offered? 

I came here because only subscribers can post on forum now which is pretty bull, that and seeing an announcement about paying for an iop ability or something has me worried that this game has gone to shit lol...

So, worth checking out again or not? I LOVED dofus back at it's peak, and I sorta miss it

Edited by Bolvangar

So, everyone knows when 2.0 came out most of us hated it and started quitting and coming back over and over again... Dofus 2 is a completely different game now, youve got to learn how to play and how to make kamas all over again.

I came back around the time when 1.29 got released again thinking i could do the things i never got to in the past just cause i was a dumb kid thinking dopples and targets (pvp) was the way to make a living... 

Dofus 2 is a beauty, a box of chocolates really... The maps, the gameplay, basically everything is nerdgasm for old players and new.

My advise, try both; old style is still the grinding god of games, Dofus 2 offers you the real deal.

Whatever you do have fun, and welcome back! :D

3 people like this

It's always worth coming back to Dofus since it's amazing. I dislike 1.29, because they are not going to support it at all and leveling here and testing all the characters takes YEARS. You can expect really cool updates on +2.0 with fantastic themes. There are alot of quests/dungeons/classes and many other things. It's not that hard to level and making kamas for sure. Also there are many players over there on Echo for example. As you said - you did quit the game before 2.0? They did revamp many spells on nearly every single class. It will take you some time to learn everything.

2 people like this

ehm... you didn't log at all in the past 2 years? 

because if i remember right ankama deleted all the account that hadn't log for the past 2 year when they merge all the servers.. 

Posted (edited)

regarding the "iop ability" on forums, that's not what u think, it's just a cosmetic extra animation at the end of the fight which serves no purpose but to crash ur dofus client offer a visual beauty, ankama thinks it's cool for new players

i personally never played 1.xx so i can't say anything, but some of my friends/guildies are actually playing there and are pretty happy, despite frenchies having over9000 top exos with 20+ ap or smth, having friends there sure gives fun and helps a lot

but 2.xx for me is not as bad many opinions would state;

ofc since it's like another game compared to 1.xx u'd have a hard time adapting to all changes (to interface, to design, to class and stats revamps, to different mechanics, getting dofuses from quests instead of dropping), but there are many benefits in 2.xx, you have many more different things you are able to do, there are lots of achievements which grants you xp and resources, many more quests and different mobs

i'd say if you can get past the "noob" lvl and mindset and get used to 2.xx version u can actually do a lot more stuff overall there than 1.xx

obvsly if you don't think changes are for u, 1.xx is always there c:

less support in 1.xx but seems ppl still enjoy old school

p.s. ankama did "delete" inactive chars for the echo merge but they stated they still have some backup and ready to restore a deleted char (if deleted by ankama due to merge) upon contacting support

Edited by Quadro
3 people like this

5 hours ago, Angelzeven said:

ehm... you didn't log at all in the past 2 years? 

because if i remember right ankama deleted all the account that hadn't log for the past 2 year when they merge all the servers.. 

The accounts had to have never subscribed too.

5 hours ago, Quadro said:

x

2.xx is a far better game. Most of the people that think 1.29 is better have rose tinted glasses. I liked 1.x wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than I do the current Dofus though, but that doesn't mean 1.29 is better than 2.xx it just means my perception of Dofus was better back then. It's hard to continue loving a game playing for all these years on and off.

46 minutes ago, ЯeveЯt said:

The accounts had to have never subscribed too.

No, one of my accounts was due to be deleted even though it had 6 years of sub time on it.

get rekt bobe

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, bobeur said:

No, one of my accounts was due to be deleted even though it had 6 years of sub time on it.

It's nice to know you were going to be rewarded for being so committed.

1 person likes this