• Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sommanker

I'm looking for a very specific game. It may or may not exist.

Posted (edited)

I just realised in a sudden moment of epiphany what I would really like out of a game, and I want to know if it exists.

If you know of anything that might roughly fit the following description, please tell me. I will be eternally grateful.

 

The game has a turn-based, or similarly strategic, combat system, like Dofus and Pokemon.

The game has a system that allows you to plan strategies and that outside of battle. (Like building a team in pokemon or a set/team in Dofus).

The game has little to no grinding.

The game is not p2w.

The game allows you to play solo, alongside or against friends.

You are forced to very regularly come up with new strategies fast and on the fly, keeping the player on their toes. Think building a new pokemon team to follow a random ruleset in a set time each time you queue for a match, or building a new set for your character in Dofus to follow a random ruleset in a set time each time you queue for kollo. This prevents the game from getting stale.

 

 

 

Edited by Sommanker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

>The game has a turn-based, or similarly strategic, combat system, like Dofus and Pokemon.

Dofus

>The game has a system that allows you to plan strategies and that outside of battle. (Like building a team in pokemon or a set/team in Dofus).

Dofus

>The game has little to no grinding.

Dofus?

>The game is not p2w.

Dofus

>The game allows you to play solo, alongside or against friends.

Dofus

>You are forced to very regularly come up with new strategies fast and on the fly, keeping the player on their toes. Think building a new pokemon team to follow a random ruleset in a set time each time you queue for a match, or building a new set for your character in Dofus to follow a random ruleset in a set time each time you queue for kollo. This prevents the game from getting stale.

Dofus

 

It seems you've already found your game :^)

 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, bobeur said:

>The game has a turn-based, or similarly strategic, combat system, like Dofus and Pokemon.

Dofus

>The game has a system that allows you to plan strategies and that outside of battle. (Like building a team in pokemon or a set/team in Dofus).

Dofus

>The game has little to no grinding.

Dofus?

>The game is not p2w.

Dofus

>The game allows you to play solo, alongside or against friends.

Dofus

>You are forced to very regularly come up with new strategies fast and on the fly, keeping the player on their toes. Think building a new pokemon team to follow a random ruleset in a set time each time you queue for a match, or building a new set for your character in Dofus to follow a random ruleset in a set time each time you queue for kollo. This prevents the game from getting stale.

Dofus

 

It seems you've already found your game :^)

 

the last and third are the reasons why Dofus is not the game :(

 

20 minutes ago, white cat 22 said:

I will certainly look into that :3 (albeit it doesn't seem to fit the last point very well, from what I've read in 5 minutes, correct me if I'm wrong). Thanks for the suggestion :)

Edited by Sommanker
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, white cat 22 said:

I've played the original divinity which has local coop and meets a lot of your requirements.

  • You can have several characters
  • You can drop & craft your gear
  • Combat system similar to dofus: turn based, ap/mp, more tactical because it adds environmental & status effects that play a crucial role in the outcome of the fight
  • Sometimes you need to drastically change your playstyle to beat certain bosses (I'm thinking of the use and placement of environmental effects for example or )
  • Has more of a storyline to it compared to dofus which is always a plus

Easily in the top 5 of my all time favorite games, you should definitely check it out.

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should try chess. It's a great game, only doesn't really meet 3rd requirement. But other than that, it's perfect

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.