• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Zechmeister

Disability of Eni's Coney & uncontrollable summons

Okay here's the thing. Anyone of you got screwed in dungeon because of your Coney running around and cause the whole map manipulation changed and you eventually lost the fight. Especially when you are in a dimensional dungeon and you almost done it but coney just screw you up. 

Okay heres my fucking suggestion, let us control our own summon and not only osa can control theirs. Dont tell me it is unfair whereas Osa's summons are offensive and Coney is just little piece of shit. 

Totally agree. Coney is one of the dumbest summons and extremely difficult to predict. It's not as easy as "don't summon it then" because it's essential.

>coney

>essential 

ok friend

2 people like this

Lock it in a corner, or get an osa on your team so they can take control of it on especially important turns. Or deal with it like you have for the last however long. You have more options available than anyone, including osas, did before the osa rework, due to osas.

Ccontrolling summons is a key mechanic of the class now. It isn't a matter of "Osas can do it! Why can't we? It's not fair!" - or is it unfair that srams are the only class that can go invisible? (for example). Just because another class gets a mechanic doesn't mean you're entitled to it too.

Sorry if I sound a bit harsh, but I think it's kinda true... 

Uncontrolled and unpredictable summons don't really have a place in a strategic game. I'd rather have Osa's control spell as a common spell like Leak Pie etc. Osas could still, outstandingly, control a whole group of summons for 0 AP while other classes could finally fix crucial turns with a summon with some AP investment (but one can dream xd)

1 person likes this

I think they have a place, but I would agree that they don't have this much of a place, and hence I may be inclined to agree with that, to be honest.

Ankama would never do that though :c - so, for now, having an osa do that for you seems to be the only way. It probably fits more this way, thematically I mean, since osas are supposed to be the animal taming class.

If only summons had more reliable AI.

Bombot and the weird tree are controllable already, so they are well aware of the problem (even if it's quite logical for these two summons...). The contradiction is that it's the exact same thing for Shovel or Sram Double in some situations and especially Madoll. Such a spell would be fair in this regard, even in worse if needed (like 3 AP and 3 cooldown).

1 person likes this

I think the devs should start experimenting with controllable summons. Examples:

Make them controllable during their first turn, which is often the most crucial.

Create a general spell for controlling summons as volcasaurus said, just make it so that it doesn't let osamodas use the special spells of tofus/gobballs/wyrmlings.

Distribute the ability to control summons to more classes (?)

The reason to not allow full control all the time has been stated multiple times and people have noticed it in fights with osas: turns take too long.

1 person likes this

Well I fed up of coney because it screwed my Catseye fight where I was doing a challenge and limpwrist achievement.

In my personal view, I would suggest two options:

1) Changing Summoning of Coney spell to some other spell either healing or offensive one, it doesnt matter.

2) AI it to be running away from enemies instead of approaching them, if you have an eni you will understand what I am saying. 

I'll be honest here, don't use a coney if you're doing achievements or challenges and can't handle its movement. If you rely on coney to win a dungeon you're doing it wrong anyway.

I don't think coney needs to be controllable, it only slows down fights and it's pretty useless since there's not really a strategic advantage to gain like mp/ap red or placement. I agree the Coney AI needs a revamp though (especially with portals). 

3 people like this

2 hours ago, bobeur said:

it's pretty useless since there's not really a strategic advantage to gain like mp/ap red or placement.

How about the strategic +2AP and placement (Through Lifting Word).

2 people like this

Yeah but to get that you don't need control over the summon???

3 hours ago, bobeur said:

I'll be honest here, don't use a coney if you're doing achievements or challenges and can't handle its movement. If you rely on coney to win a dungeon you're doing it wrong anyway.

I don't think coney needs to be controllable, it only slows down fights and it's pretty useless since there's not really a strategic advantage to gain like mp/ap red or placement. I agree the Coney AI needs a revamp though (especially with portals). 

your revamp means that Coney should be revamped to be controllable by summoner? 

1 hour ago, Tibalt said:

How about the strategic +2AP and placement (Through Lifting Word).

this make sense

I wonder what "essential" use you'd have of Coney to begin with, since you can fully heal yourself for nothing in Catseye (even with Limpwrist, killing 2k 0% res dies is not too much to ask, especially in between waves). 

The 2 AP don't make a strategic difference since they affect the Eni which results maybe in a bit more damage.

52 minutes ago, Zechmeister said:

your revamp means that Coney should be revamped to be controllable by summoner? 

If it's going to be controllable by a summoner it's not exactly an AI revamp is it?

16 hours ago, masik233 said:

I wonder what "essential" use you'd have of Coney to begin with, since you can fully heal yourself for nothing in Catseye (even with Limpwrist, killing 2k 0% res dies is not too much to ask, especially in between waves). 

The 2 AP don't make a strategic difference since they affect the Eni which results maybe in a bit more damage.

I am not rely on using coney in fight for sure, it is just a bonus. If the spells doesn't help, why it would be exist then? 

15 hours ago, bobeur said:

If it's going to be controllable by a summoner it's not exactly an AI revamp is it?

Yes AI revamp means reset the way Coney move. 

10 hours ago, Zechmeister said:

I am not rely on using coney in fight for sure, it is just a bonus. If the spells doesn't help, why it would be exist then? 

For fights where it does help? Cawwot doesn't help in every fight, should that not exist? The same goes for every other spell in the game.

Yes AI revamp means reset the way Coney move. 

No, AI revamp means changing the artificial intelligence that the Coney uses to decide where to move.

On 7/30/2017 at 1:14 AM, Sommanker said:

For fights where it does help? Cawwot doesn't help in every fight, should that not exist? The same goes for every other spell in the game.

No, AI revamp means changing the artificial intelligence that the Coney uses to decide where to move.

it doesnt sound any difference tbh

I love when they go through a portal and then just get locked by an enemy at the end of the portal chain, that's my favorite "oops" bunny moment 😁

13 hours ago, Zechmeister said:

it doesnt sound any difference tbh

Ok now you're just triggering me. 

Controllable summon = a human playing the summon

AI = a computer playing the summon

If that's the same to you then idk what to say.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

"Controllable summon = a human playing the summon

If that's the same to you then..."

Next time you log in on dofus:

qp9ivdg.png

Edited by colombo-ll
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, bobeur said:

Ok now you're just triggering me. 

Controllable summon = a human playing the summon

If that's the same to you then idk what to say.

oh i think i misread your comment. But I know what AI is. 

On 7/30/2017 at 1:14 AM, Sommanker said:

Its alright if some spells do not help, but it shouldn't making us to lose in a fight. 

The thing is, it isn't making you lose. You don't have to cast the spell.