• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Dedlaw

A few questions about the new Osa

Just got back and seems there isn't a lot of info available on the new Osa. Just a note, this is mostly for PvE, I don't really PvP.

From what I can gather, Int/Dragon is the healer build, Agi/Tofu is the soloist, and Str/Gobbal is....ignored (I see a few for PvP but that's it). Is it that bad?

Because of the stat sharing with summons, is it viable to go for a dual and/or tri-element or just straight up mono?

Since buffbot was scrapped, what role can they fill in teams? Or are they just subpar to other classes in that regard?

Cheers for any feedback

It is for sure better to be mono element as Osamodas. All depends on what you are going to play and what characters you already have in your team. Int build with wyrms is based on healing and dispelling enemies or allies. It doesn't deal alot of damage with spells (only wyrms). This one is probably good in PvM as a support also in PvP. I don't like Agi build here, but in some ways it's really nice. Pushback spells and transpo one are helpfull in PvP and PvM. Every tofus in it's turn buffs 30% of damage If I remember. The only disadvantage here is =vitality that makes you really easy to target. I'm in love with Str build aka gobbal one that is one of the most interesting. There aren't a lot of people using it, but I don't know why. First at all it gives you lock and damage reduction. Secondly every gobbal is annoying and locks you with gravity (black one). The last thing is damage that is even around 2000+ per turn on medium resistances. There were some nerfs after the update, so the things I mentioned here might changed abit, but it's still nearly the same.

2 people like this

Cool, thanks for the feedback. Was looking at the Strength build but there's so little info about I was worried about it being sub-par.

So with the controllable summons and the utility they bring, are summon Osas at least more welcome in groups now?

Yes, for sure they are. You have nearly everything that other character for example: gravity, pushbacks, healing, locks, transposition and many other things. 

1 person likes this

Awesome, thanks for the help!

On 7/5/2017 at 6:44 AM, Machiavelli said:

Yes, for sure they are. You have nearly everything that other character for example: gravity, pushbacks, healing, locks, transposition and many other things. 

What kind of setup are you using on your osa? I want to switch to strength but can't come up with a decent set. 

8 minutes ago, Lanturn said:

What kind of setup are you using on your osa? I want to switch to strength but can't come up with a decent set. 

Actually I don't have Osa, but I'm talking about the one I used to fight versus on kolossium. The best thing is around 30%+ resists and some good Str to deal damage. I might make some sets for you later when I'm not busy.

Posted (edited)

My sets

Front line - http://dofp.la/Zr8wn/

Mid Range Damager  - http://dofp.la/JBssR/

Edited by beehiveone

@beehiveone I see you've got 7MP on the sets. If you go gob-mode and lose a MP, do you stay at 6 because of the extra MP from gear?

Also, why the Crimson? I thought Power is less useful on Osa because it doesn't count towards summons.

Posted (edited)

The 7 mp is just cause thousand excuses cape is a really good cape. Osa will still have 5 mp in gobball mode, however if osa isnt next to enemy abyssal dofus will boost him back up to 6mp. 

I use Crimson dofus because that set is more so for Osa relying on his damage rather than summon spamming. Besides White gobball with high energy shot boost is still hitting 600x2 so I dont think it matters much.

Edited by beehiveone

isnt agi good lol ? i just geared my osa and made it agi , based on vids i see on youtube , cuz they switch shit up and stuff 

4 hours ago, hweh said:

isnt agi good lol ? i just geared my osa and made it agi , based on vids i see on youtube , cuz they switch shit up and stuff 

Agi is less popular because it got slightly nerfed. You can only swap once a turn and the spells which dmg is based on summoned tofus got dmg reduced.

Posted (edited)

You can still use Agi element in PvM and even in PvP. There are few Osas like this, but the most important thing is to hide your summons and spam them. The more tofus you have the better damage you deal with them and your spells If I remember. In one turn you are able to blitz your enemies :)

Edited by Machiavelli

yeh , i might change it , but whats the best elmelent ?

29 minutes ago, hweh said:

yeh , i might change it , but whats the best elmelent ?

In PvM I think it's still agi one even after nerf. 

1 person likes this