• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Zeds-Dead

Shovel Range Damage

Posted (edited)

Is the range damage on Shovels bugged or is the damage preview bugged?

I'm at work right now so cant provide any screens but I'm inclined to think its the damage.

Last night I crafted the new Forfut Shovel and tested on my Eni.

With CA shield and hitting in melee it was damage preview between 16xx-18xx and always landed between these.
With Four leaf Shield and hitting from one square away it was damage previewing 12xx-14xx (seems low when you have range damage buff from shield) but was hitting 1100s. So a huge difference.

When hitting with an Axe under the same circumstance (CA shield melee, Four Leaf range) they do around the same damage.

Tested quickly with Dark Court Shovel too and was the same.  

Edited by Zeds-Dead

Are you taking into account that damage in AOE drops by 10% per cell outwards from the target cell - so its only 90% damage for a shovel on the back cell ;) try testing a staff if you want to see

^ what he said.

It' the same with every spell in the game too AoE decreases 10% every square from target square. 

On 26/06/2017 at 10:07 PM, Proxy-Error said:

Are you taking into account that damage in AOE drops by 10% per cell outwards from the target cell - so its only 90% damage for a shovel on the back cell ;) try testing a staff if you want to see

Yes but for Axes the damage is the same in melee or diagonal range, technically 2 squares away

http://imgur.com/a/ZuYA7 Melee and range damage on axe without shield

The Axe doesn't have an AoE effect. AoE is where a spell or weapon targets multiple cells with one cast.

1 person likes this

What Rob says, and I thought it was even like 25% but idk where to find the exact stats.

I thought it was 25% too, I remember doing doing the maths for it when I used a Foggernaut Hammer. But when I did it yesterday for the Sunshade staff it was only 10%. Maybe it differs per weapon category?

Ahhhh makes perfect sense now. thanks