• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
white cat 22

What the hecking honker is happening right now?

Posted (edited)

Long story short, I logged in my account which had all characters in Rushu but I was prompted to select a different server due to some merging and such. Ok.. I chose a new server (forgot the name but it was the only one I could choose) and a brief moment later, I was greeted with a new character creation page. What the hell? I made a sadida really quick to see if it wasnt a bug, but when I tried to change the character, the newborn was all I had. 

Are my 4+ years of progress gone? Is there an update I haven't heard about? I logged through ankama thing too and it showed this:

2IV4sA1.png - all chars gone.

I'm trying to use my wizardry to remember the other 3 alt account names, along with passwords, to see if the same thing hasn't happened to them. If anyone else has been hit with this thing, let me know.

edit: logged on 2nd, 3rd alt, same thing ---

edit2: more people seem to have this issue over at Dofus subreddit >> https://www.reddit.com/r/Dofus/comments/6iemrj/cant_find_character_after_server_merge/ 

Edited by white cat 22

Have you logged on in the last few months?

I think there was some cleanup where they deleted all inactive accounts that hadn't been logged in X period.

I can't remember if it was an actual thing, or a troll as i was playing regularly so it didn't affect me.

Dunno what the solutions are, but char revive should work, or contact tardkama and see if they can gift you account back for free. 

Best wait for top nerd to reply tho, im like 30% sure this is it. 

1 person likes this

I recommend contacting support.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, ReaperSurm said:

Have you logged on in the last few months?

My memory is short but last time I remember logging on was the last summer. Guess I got wipe-out'd.

Time to contact the support I guess. Hopefully I won't be required to go through the same process four times as it has happened on every single account. Let's see how fast they respond --- remember them being worse than Steam support back in the day.

Edited by white cat 22

*crosses fingers that this maintenance fixes the nasty bug*

aV33VWp.png

They wiped out inactive accounts to reduce player count in Echo. 

If I remember right, they even send emails warnings

As far as I know, the accounts that hadn't logged within 2 years would get deleted. 

So no wiping of characters, you would have probably lost your account instead. 

They restored the accounts but me and other people still have empty banks. So weird.

Yeah that def sucks. Sorry to hear and from now on I guess I will sub randomly during my little breaks I take >.<

Update (if anyone even cares :D) - apparently banks and other stuff will be restored on the next maintenance next week.

1 hour ago, Dovahkiin said:

Yeah that def sucks. Sorry to hear and from now on I guess I will sub randomly during my little breaks I take >.<

You shouldn't really worry about it. It's not like these server merges will happen again any time soon.

I also found one of my real old, unused characters from 2009 which I also hadn't logged in for ages. The surprising part was that their banks were there and all of the account's characters were automatically transferred to the Echo server. Guess RNG played big time during server merge.