• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Steam-alb

Echo Tournament

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone, Fe-cabrun, Defuse and myself were thinking about organising a PvP tournament in Echo and I've been asked by different players whether I'm doing an event soon.

All the rules, details and dates are not decided yet but our goal is to allow a lot of team to participate. For now this is only a preview :

3 vs 3 :

The less character the teams need the more team we can make but it is also easier for solo players to find a team, need less multi account and it will be easier to have at least 3 sets for the team instead of 4.

Also the kolo helps a lot for the practice when it might be harder to find practice for 4 vs 4.

Selection phase :

Unlimited number of teams, 5 or 6 rounds depending on how many teams are competing.

In each round you fight a team that has the same or close to the same score than yours, a ranking will be done.

If you lose some fights, it doesn't mean you're disqualified or have no chance to qualify for finals.

The map will be randomly drawn for each round and will be the same for everyone.

It's not impossible that a map is banned from the entire tournament if judged unplayable.

Final phase :

8 or 16 teams are qualified depending on how many teams are competing.

A tree is generated and the 1st and 4th teams are placed in one half of the bracket and the 2nd and 3rd in the other half, the rest is placed randomly.
And for the direct opponent, in the first round of the final phase the best team fights the last, the second fights the before last etc.
Those two characteristics are made to avoid having a bracket too strong and another too easy, strong teams killing each other and having a “ poor “ final.
It is also a good reason to be in the top ranking and it gives a motivation to teams that are theoretically qualified during the last rounds of the selection phase.
Starting from now a loss is definitive, so to reduce the luck part different things are added.

The possibility to ban 3 maps for each teams, then a map is randomly drawn between the left ones.
Starting from the 1/4 finals (or 1/2 finals if only a few teams participate) a BO3 system is included. It means you need 2 victories to definitely win the match.

3 Maps will be selected but the 3rd map will be played only if the two first fight result in a draw.

Multi account :

It will be allowed, I don't believe someone who plays his team alone has more chances to win although it might be easier for him to crush weaker teams, but once the fights get harder this one player will make many more mistakes under pressure (I've seen teams with solo players in other tournament and they never went far, making huge mistakes or passing with AP).

Well we never know if some genius will appear and win everything alone but it must be seen to be done.

So if someone decides to play alone despite the fact that he might have less fun or less chance of winning -  it's his own choice and fully respected.

Composition :
No change is allowed once the registration is done, the compositions are fixed and are the same from the start until the end of the tournament.
The only restriction will be the double pillars, the Sacri, Xelor, Feca, Osa and Eni are pillars and if played together it leaves very few solutions to the opponent and it would force everyone to play double pillars to be able to compete against it.

Every other combination is allowed, indeed making duo restriction or a system with point is very long and uncertain, it's very hard to say which compos are the strongest or shouldn't be allowed because of all the updates with shields, cra's erosion, emerald nerf, osa hupper and ougi nerf. It's also impossible to balance everything perfectly because someone who's looking for the best compo will just take the next best compositions.
I don't believe there will be any unbeatable composition, for example a typical xel enu iop can win or be beaten by a feca sram panda which can be beaten by another compo like eni hupper + masq/elio/enu/sadi/sram/... as third. The enu elio + dmg dealer will also be allowed, this team is strong but not safe and is vulnerable to rushing strategies since it doesn't have any pillar when an osa/eni/... + elio +rogue/iop/... might be more solid.

So I do believe the match up will be more based on the plays and the ability to punish the opponent's mistakes than exploiting an auto win compo (which doesn't exist imo).
The last reason is I want to allow ppl to play with their friends and not force anyone to buy class change potion because their compo is not allowed. And the players who think they have more chances to win with different class are free to reroll of course.

Although I don't think double classes are cancer because of the global cooldown of OP spells except for double elios and cras I guess that can be ultra cancer, it will be forbidden since it doesn't make a lot of sense and isn't very aesthetic for a tournament. (unless the majority wants it)

To conclude, It is enough balanced and adding more restriction might instead result in less balance.

Items :

Except for the incarnations and multimen, everything is allowed : Class items, shields, dofus, healing weapon, ..

Schedule :

July : There is a bigger version of dofus cup during that period although Ankama hasn't given any details about it. There are a lot of players who go on holidays too so maybe it isn't the best period.

August : We aren't available as organizers so without organization there is no tournament I guess (at least not from us).

September : Most of the players come back from holidays or finish their exams so it looks like a good period.

Time : We are aware that is an obstacle for Echo so we will look for some solutions. But the main logic remains this : know your priority ! If you don't have time, don't participate.

Reward :

This is the base of any competition and an additional motivation to the teams and sometimes a proof of the seriousness of the event, whoever claims it is not needed and what matters are the participation and the joy of fighting is invited to decline the reward at the end of the tournament.
- Battler shield, it is a linked shield that you can obtain only by winning a tournament. You can choose on which account it will be given if you've been using a character from a different account.
- Battler helmet, also linked but one of the rarest item in the game because you can win this only if your character has already the Battler shield, it will also open the access to further Battler items that Ankama will add (official sources)
- Kamas from two sources :
The registration fees and donations. The amount is not decided yet but efforts will be done to make this part as clear as possible and anyone who is willing to make a donation for the price pool is welcome but must respect some rules.

To avoid false promise and any confusion, you're considered as a donor only when the donation has been made, no promise or words are accepted and your kamas will be put in a chest and not be used until the tournament is over. Also, donations are not accepted once the tournament starts (basically in the opening ceremony after the registrations are done), so the total amount will be fixed and everyone know what they can win.
But in any case I won't reveal the names of those who want to be anonymous.

Streaming :

A streaming is needed to officialize the tournament and allow the Battler reward. We've already fixed that part but any independent streamer is free to record the fights.

Discord :

A server dedicated to the tournament will be open and given further in the time.

PS : We are volunteers, we do it for fun so it is not our duty to organize something, to be available for every request or solve every problem you might encounter. We will try to solve issues as long as it is reasonable.

Negative players aren't welcome; players who cause trouble, have always a lot of problems, aren't respectful to the other participants or to the organization effort,...

Sorry If I've hurt your eyes with my English mistakes.

Edited by Steam-alb
10 people like this

Posted (edited)

Defuse est bourre.

I'll donate to the prize pool if you guys can get some good people and good fights for my satisfaction of spectating. 

Edited by Alchy
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I haven't heard anything good about this 'Defuse' guy before, the only story was about how he was a jerk to some player named Marwen during Goult. 

Real talk: Defuse is a cunt

Edited by wot
5 people like this

I remember one fight Marwen had a 10/6 panda because the 180 cri res outweighed 11-12 ap??

Defuse top nice. 

2 people like this

This looks promising and I am excited to partcipate in this tournament. Thank you Steam, Defuse, and Fe-Cabrun for iniating this event. See you in September. 

Defuse ditched goult for restaurant  :thinking:    

HI REN HI MARTIN 

Defuse loses to rank 1 str srams on beta 

but hes cute

2 people like this

As great as this sounds, and I'm sure everyone's as excited as i am, but why not try something new? You can almost bet your money this tournament in July will be a 3 vs 3, So why not give 5 vs 5 a try? I mean why not go all out and entertain the spectators, allow people to play crazy compositions with no class restrictions, show us something we don't see every day during kolosseum, show us well thought out carnage, show us a play that can only be pulled off through certain class compositions.

As a spectator, Dofus Esports can be a hard watch at the best of times, especially if it's something we could potentially watch in game every day, spice it up a little, show us how you and your group of friends like to do things/approach a fight rather than just 1 guy and his team/best mate.

I mean this is just my view on things, i'd probably spectate either way, past tournaments have had a decent viewing & maybe what I'm talking about now could perhaps be done as another tournament on another day.

If you need any help setting things up or running things, hola @ me.

6 people like this

1 hour ago, Tezar said:

So why not give 5 vs 5 a try? I mean why not go all out and entertain the spectators, allow people to play crazy compositions with no class restrictions

Thank you for your interest Tezar.

Even though this is something we have thought about, this sounds more like an idealistic vision because you'll have osa feca eni + 2 class vs osa eni feca + 2 class like perk and prism fights. (based on your criteria).

And this is not what we prefer and we are going to do a 3 vs 3 tournay.

If we wanted to spice it up we would go 8 vs 8 which has never been seen instead of a tournament version of 5 vs 5 perk and prism.

But the main reason is the ease of a 3 vs 3 like I explained before, more teams can be built, it's easier for the players (the time and sets) and the organization.

For the restriction, it is already very low.

For the spectators, it really depends on the fight, it could be very slow or very fast but basically a 5 vs 5 can be messy and anyone could lose the focus or not have any idea on what is happening which is the opposite of the E sport.

Waiting 9 turns before your favourite huppermage can play or not knowing what cooldowns are available since each global turns are mega long, a very large number of boost malus and states on multiple entities (if not all).

Show us a play that can only be pulled off through certain class compositions.

This is not the organization responsability.

So I would advise anyone who cares about competitive integrity to avoid joining this tournament as it has been proven in the past that this tournament organizer is unreliable, shady, flat out lies to you about the prize pool( of his last tournament promised over 300m and ended up giving out 0) among other things like changing times of fights against him without telling the other team and then giving them a forfeit for not showing up the fight they didnt know was rescheduled ^____^. Also his main character is now on french servers where he will never have the hope of winning a tournament, so he is literally only hosting this tournament so he can get the battler shield won on a seperate character then have it traded over to the fog for the helmet, have fun

Posted (edited)

There wasn't even 300mk sadly, though there was even supposed to be ~700M at one point Kikn, Brutt-os, Herosdumaroc, Real, Rob and a few others ended up bailing out/swindling Alb, as a consequence there was only Alb's 100M + 60M  from me + tournament fees which Alb took after winning the tourn. Collecting beforehand should prevent this scamming but lets see how much people will actually donate now.

Edited by Surtris
1 person likes this

On 3/31/2016 at 9:28 PM, Thesus said:

turns out fr daylight savings time kicked in so fight was 1 hr earlier than it was originally, my b for not keeping up with when fr daylights savings kicks in ^^^^ i will be sure to brand a digital fr clock into my body so i can be on time for my dofus fights

You get that clock made yet 

Yes I'm the evil himself, conspiracy believer will believe even if his teamate was also part of the organization and claim the opposite but whatever.

2 people like this

On 2017-6-9 at 2:28 AM, Surtris said:

There wasn't even 300mk sadly, though there was even supposed to be ~700M at one point Kikn, Brutt-os, Herosdumaroc, Real, Rob and a few others ended up bailing out/swindling Alb, as a consequence there was only Alb's 100M + 60M  from me + tournament fees which Alb took after winning the tourn. Collecting beforehand should prevent this scamming but lets see how much people will actually donate now.

for ur information me and steam alb had 100m everyone ready to give for the winner of tournament,we won so he keep hes kamas same as me ^^

6 people like this

wow i want to join this tourn pls I will carry rushu to victory

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Invite me plez will win top place in tournament

Edited by Cleveland Brown

11 hours ago, Brutt-os1 said:

for ur information me and steam alb had 100m everyone ready to give for the winner of tournament,we won so he keep hes kamas same as me ^^

HHHHH omg hurttos is back !!

1 person likes this

well if this becomes a thing im game

bump for goult 2017 kappa

Goult2017 or riot

tim2riot friends

3 people like this

Is this still happening?

Riot4victory