• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
42 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I am just happy I will be able to try the current 200 dungeons achievements that were a no go for a agility/cha xelor, Kout for example I was about to clear in the first week of it being released but not before leveling a elio specifically to boost damage.

Mind you, back then I was not aware of the increased damage the further you are from the double but I feel a reduction of mp usable by monsters in all zones is welcome.

There always seem to be particular turns where a boss fight is at its hardest, where the difference between critting or recieving too much damage focused on one character seems at its highest.

Currently most level 200 dungeons seem more déjà vu rather then challenging, where you are looking for the best ways not to get your team koed and a way to clear them through blitzing that mostly involve the 'required classes'.

Normally including a panda rogue elio iop enu or cra.

I disgree with Ankama's argument that playeers want to spend less time on these dungeons, perhaps some simply just find it ludicrous to the amount of preperation needed. Against the amount of kama you are willing to spend, using consumables to try fights that are unforgiving.

Edited by Zargabanth
1 person likes this

I was talking about this update with my teammate, who is one of the top pvmers in the game, and we both agreed that it is a godsend. We CAN beat every dungeon, but that doesn't mean we want to because it's such a pain, and it is very taxing mentally. People are saying "This is going to be terrible for the markets because the mats are going to be accessible by everyone..." But it is so so nice to those of us that farm these dungeons to make our own equips. It is extremely selfish to see this update as a hit to your bank account when its intention is to make the whole game more accessible to the majority of the players. 

6 people like this

If current epic content would be downgraded to 18x content so an influx of new epic content could come in that would be good. Epic content getting nerfed and no longer really being "epic" isnt really epic is it. I am not amazing like the pros on Rushu who PVM but I figure if you are better at something than someone else its fair game you should reap some form of benefit from it but from looking at that devblog it does make it seem like they will just do what they did to F2 make it piss poor easy then throw in some new hardcore content that not everyone can complete.

Personally I am quite ok with not being able to complete x dungeon if I don't fully understand the mechanics or have good enough damage output/tactics/gear or a mix of all of the above I believe thats the reason it is epic for the best of the best and if you can't beat it you need to practice so you can actually beat it regardless of the demoalising deaths against said boss, some people still saying F3 is all class specific which I I would have to disagree with due to the fact of the newer trophies being added newer better gear and now shields which is making F3 far easier than when it was first out I would imagine the same with 200 Dimension bosses but yet to make my way in that direction due to being lazy af to redo dungeons more than a couple of times especially if quests are involved.

End of the day everyone will benefit from the "gitgud nerf update" coming, dungeons get easier for players who have not yet beaten them and it opens the door for newer hardcore content I just hope there is abit of an influx of hardcore content over the coming years to keep me entertained hitting that brickwall at F2 for sometime made the game dull for sometime until F3 did eventually come out.

Posted (edited)

Random note

Rilur:

Lightning Harpoon: Range changed: 3 => 2

This mob has two damage spells, both only linear. The first one has 5 range and attracts the monster into CC of its target (like the spell of Masqs). The other spell apparently had 3 range.

The monster will thus do the following: approaching itself until it's on 5 range linear to a target, then attracting itself towards it, and finally casting the second spell.

This nerf is literally useless since the monster will always cast the attraction spell first anyway, which makes no difference whether the second spell has 1, 2, 3 or 4 range (except for random cases when a trap is exactly 3 range linear to the attraction target, etc).

I hope there's at least some reflection behind the nerfs (because when reading this you'd think they throw dices).

Edited by masik233
1 person likes this

Honestly, as long as dungeons don't require you being a multi clienter to complete I'm game for a little nerf.
Just as long as you don't make it like flicking a monster on the forehead and it keeling over easy.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, masik233 said:

I love this so much. No better way to show how ridiculous the dungeons are than to completely destroy them.

Great video as always!

Edited by Fravanlan
1 person likes this

2 hours ago, masik233 said:

Ok kind of unrelated, but how can you find tryde so easily in dantinea? Is there a trick to it? 

It took him about 10 attempts to figure out the tryde, according to the description. It's also easier in 2.42 than before because of 3 PM instead of 4.

6 hours ago, Fravanlan said:

I love this so much. No better way to show how ridiculous the dungeons are than to completely destroy them.

Great video as always!

try this without Iop's jump.

1 hour ago, winged-one said:

try this without Iop's jump.

That's an irrelevant point. If you can do this using just a bow and iop's jump then it's not that hard to do with other characters using the full spell bar, because this isn't using a broken spell or system. This is using an understanding of AI, showcasing how AI on the whole is piss poor and very predictable, which makes it exceptionally predictable.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, SamTheKing said:

Ok kind of unrelated, but how can you find tryde so easily in dantinea? Is there a trick to it? 

Tryde is actually really predictable in its movement. Only when he's on low hp (like <250 or so) he starts running away and it can be annoying to find. Note that he will just keep running towards you, and he can only jump (5 range) if he has a target to jump on. So if you stay at least 6 cells away from where he can move, he'll never jump and you can easily find him due to the low mp. 

If he starts jumping, keep track of where he jumped last, and you can usually find him around that target (assuming it used mp before jumping). Just use AoE spells (Striking ftw) to find it if you're not sure.

Edited by bobeur

Need two servers;

Achievement server - Normal

Casual play server - Easy

Then no server hopping viola.

This will ruin any challenging game play I was looking forward to.

They will be using the old servers left after merging all servers to develop seasonal servers in the future.

2 hours ago, Gravestorm said:

They will be using the old servers left after merging all servers to develop seasonal servers in the future.

Seasonal servers?

Explain please :o

Server(s) that get reset every x months.

Ah.

Well, I won't be using those. I don't like seeing all the hours I put in get wiped.

1 person likes this