• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Gravestorm

Dofus 2.42 Changelog

163 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

On 6/4/2017 at 5:07 PM, ReaperSurm said:

As Jim Jefferies would say; "We have to play to the 1% that are such fuckwits, they ruin it for the rest of us. We have to walk as slow as our slowest person to keep society [dofus] moving."

Just because a few casual gamers bitched and moaned content was too hard for them. Now the people that could beat it before, can beat it wayyy  easier. Causing a deficit of resources, meaning you'd probably end up just buying the mats anyways, because you wouldn't want to invest the time or effort farming it yourself OR you'd start bitching and moaning because people with better gear can beat it was easier than you still. Having clearer game mechanics however just makes it clearer on how to beat them. Haven't tried 2.42 yet, but I know when i get back, i'll be able to fly through most achieves I haven't already gotten, because it looks 10 times easier.  

Don't like people expecting hand-me-outs. 

I suspect that you're wrong in who are the "few". Sure, there's a video of an Iop wearing the latest exomaged set soloing an end-game dungeon. But there are many, many more people who tried and repeatedly died to the dungeons that would be required to craft a set like that. Most people don't share videos of their failures. Instead, they eventually stop trying, stop playing, and stop subscribing, and I think Ankama has noticed that.

Anyone who wants to make the game more challenging already has plenty of ways to do that: do challenges, do achievements, use idols, stop using a cookie-cutter team, stop multi-accounting, and stop account sharing.

Edited by Happida
16 people like this

Posted (edited)

Update should have just been to make it abit clearer on what status a monster/boss is under not nerfs, I am all for removing all materials from just beating the boss and actually having to kill the boss successive times to drop materials if its getting nerfed.

Only thing that should be dropped is having to piss around with getting exploration gears for the underwater areas why b/c I'm lazy af but not lazy enough to go die a few times and learn a dungeon. Its pretty fair people commenting to read the status on monsters/boss wiki or asking here shit I thought F3 was unbeatable so I generally learned the hardway essentially just doing each dungeon on 300 score now I can nail them with ease (F3 ofc) Count still left. As for proto don't think it needs any nerfing since the hp on the summon scales to number of allies in the fight I made a post sometime ago when I couldn't beat it/was to sucky to do so but its another simplistic dungeon providing you are willing to suffer abit to win. Have beaten the dungeon with a shitty sac and a +1 summons osa and since both have been changed I can't say I am that great at playing them.

For the F3 stuff heres how I went time wise;

Nileza 300 prob 2 months of on and off deaths whenever I could log (why just bad tactics letting me down) had a break and played Arkham knight to get away from the game abit then went back to it and beat it on the second day of having a clear mind space and paying attention.

Freez 300 completed within 3hrs or less.

Sylargh 300 2ish days started Friday night finished by Sunday night/evening.

Klime 300 2-3 weeks again on and off attempts as working later hours at work.

Information not relevant? I think it is since the above dungeon successes were my first time actually beating the dungeons on my own with a poorly geared team Nileza was the exception as I had idols on and killed it but the achieve didn't come through as it was a bug (vid on youtube to veirfy was queried with Izmar at the time also) ,same sets used for Proto aswell (just normal dung completion not had a time to look into 300 or the others there yet). How did I get the just beat the bosses achieve when the dungeons first came out pm'd chedarface (I shit you not didn't understand a damn thing just got told where to stand and to hit x monster).

Above info on the fact I had shit sets can be verified by Reaper since he did spec me when I was trying to clear proto and Ala (though she is gone also spec my fights on proto).

Also my last problem was trying to be omni/multi element once I cut that crap out and just went single element these dungeons became a hell of alot easier I think there is a large fixation about being omni b/c treadfast set.

Could agree with Shadow needing a small nerf b/c for its level its a hard dungeon but easy enough to handle once you get how the boss works.

Edited by Auron
Not done anything past F3 and Proto just for the fact I am taking my time enjoying content I don't care anymore to rush to keep up with dungeons since new ones coming out often.

I can verify his gear is arnak

1 person likes this

On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 8:01 PM, bobeur said:

It's very simple. Pride is one thing (people who worked very hard for specific achievements/ornaments are now laughed at), but more importantly is a way to make kamas. Everyone who invested a lot of time to make specific teams/sets for dungeons and were farming those dungeons are now completely messed up. The markets will overflow with boss resources due to the achievement rewards which EVERYONE will get now and the prices will just continue to drop. 

If they gonna do this, I'm all for deleting resources from achievements as someone suggested earlier. The markets will literally be fucked after this.

So you're essentially whinging because you wont be able to make tons of profit anymore from dungeon achieves because now everyone will have an easier time completing these dungeons. It will no longer requires an optimal team composition.

It's about time things were changed so that the richest players in this game don't dictate the markets, making themselves richer in the process. Casual players who have other commitments can get a foothold.

1 person likes this

Nah, I'm far too lazy to actively make kamas. I don't care how rich/poor I am as long as I can buy the stuff I need (not want, need). Hell, I still use TF/bearb or danathor/bearb on my panda cause I'm too greedy to buy expensive items and this combo works for me. For me personally it's about the achievements. I don't want the dungeons to become this easy, because it will not make certain ornaments special anymore. 

Also stop with the "muh optimal team composition" argument because it's invalid. I'm pretty sure the most random teams can do these dungeons (except maybe for koutoulou or vortex).

3 people like this

Can confirm bobs set since I totally stalked him.

2 people like this

Only frivolous items bobe owns are a few range bear swords I dumped on him

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

nothing's been special ever since elios and the new osa arrived. the game's been in easy mode ever since those were added. though you would think those classes as well as the dofus and shield buffs would make everything even more of a walk in the park already, so the dungeon nerfs are just overkill

Edited by Sebdot
1 person likes this

did they forget whale ? 

Posted (edited)

19 hours ago, Zeds-Dead said:

So you're essentially whinging because you wont be able to make tons of profit anymore from dungeon achieves because now everyone will have an easier time completing these dungeons. It will no longer requires an optimal team composition.

It's about time things were changed so that the richest players in this game don't dictate the markets, making themselves richer in the process. Casual players who have other commitments can get a foothold.

No, he is whining because easy dungeons will make dungeon boss resources completely worthless, basically F2 level of worthless (Kolosso Claws anyone? CB Tails? Remember how the prices of these changed?). The market will overflow with those easy-mode boss resources (nobody will be buying them since they will be so easily obtainable through a single dungeon run), they will go down to 1kk a piece and the only valuable mats will be the regular monster drops. Nobody will care about dungeons as a result (other than for farming unique monsters that appear in those dungeons exclusively), unless Amakna removes the achievement rewards for completion before they patch 2.42. If they do, we're back to farming easy'ish dungeons for boss mats, which I'm fine with (since this requires you to do challenges in fights and use idols to be efficient). If they don't, we will be playing farmville pve outside of dungeons to farm large quantities of monster drops (no need to fight dungeon bosses due to no rewards being out there to be had) which is frankly pathetic for how good Dofus's pve has been. I don't mind occasionally farming 80 Mummystic Garnets or Crabtun Lanterns to be honest, but I don't want farming those to become the only time-worthy pve activity.

I'm all for nerfing some of the more ludicrous dungeons, but not in the way that'll drive the whole economy into full, unrecoverable collapse. Because you can't possibly claim that what happened to F2 mat prices with nerfs+achievement rewards combined can be referred to as 'healthy'.

Edited by Mikefield
Edit: grammar, details
2 people like this

Resources as achievements rewards ruined and will keep ruining the game no matter what the difficulty is, imo.

3 people like this

The beta servers have been updated, here is the list of changes made:

Marteau de Katrepat: AP cost changed: 4 => 5,Critical Hit chance changed: 4 => 8
    Strange Wand
: Uses per turn changed: 2 => 1, Minimum Range changed: 3 => 2

Anerice: She is now immune to Vertigo, Trap of Silence and Paralysing Poison spells, Cooperation: Anerice teleports near the nearest enemy ghoul instead of exchanging places with it.

Kérigoule: MP changed: 2 => 4, Area of Effect for the spell
Tranche changed: circle of 2 cells => circle of 3 cells.

Cra Dopple: Lashing Arrow is replaced by Punitive Arrow.
    Dantinea: The placement positions of the map are changed. The cells of appearance of Grokillages are modified.

Goulclier: The distance damage penalty is replaced by a melee resistance penalty.

3 people like this

Rip agi/int/crit damage blitz xD

took them way too long.

(although it makes me unsure wether ill be able to solo merkator and stuff after update or not)

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, lufalan said:

took them way too long.

(although it makes me unsure wether ill be able to solo merkator and stuff after update or not)

You can at least solo all the nerfed stuff....

17 hours ago, lufalan said:

took them way too long.

Pls. You can solo anything as it is right now.

Class spells that remove MP now have a maximum cumulative limit. It will therefore no longer be possible to exceed their limit per turn by having several same classes in the same fight. This change only affects fights that include multiple same classes on the same team. "

First u make explosion arrow global cd -> class change 7 cras, now u make all mp reduc spells global? u guys are fking dumb. How about u make all spells global cd so u cant use double classes at all, way to ruin your own game. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, phakboi said:

Class spells that remove MP now have a maximum cumulative limit. It will therefore no longer be possible to exceed their limit per turn by having several same classes in the same fight. This change only affects fights that include multiple same classes on the same team. "

First u make explosion arrow global cd -> class change 7 cras, now u make all mp reduc spells global? u guys are fking dumb. How about u make all spells global cd so u cant use double classes at all, way to ruin your own game. 

this started with 1 chest / team :D RIOT !!!! Hahahaha

I still got four Enu-accounts spare (lvl 160~165) called Dirty-Chest, Clean-Chest, Hot-Chest, Wet-Chest all leveled by DP Souls :D

Edited by winged-one

1 hour ago, phakboi said:

You still have chance eca team and str sadi team no worries =^.^=

On ‎06‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 6:43 PM, bobeur said:

Nah, I'm far too lazy to actively make kamas. I don't care how rich/poor I am as long as I can buy the stuff I need (not want, need). Hell, I still use TF/bearb or danathor/bearb on my panda cause I'm too greedy to buy expensive items and this combo works for me. For me personally it's about the achievements. I don't want the dungeons to become this easy, because it will not make certain ornaments special anymore. 

Also stop with the "muh optimal team composition" argument because it's invalid. I'm pretty sure the most random teams can do these dungeons (except maybe for koutoulou or vortex).

''Muh ornaments'' argument though, lol

2 people like this

Laugh all you want, the whole point of achievements is satisfaction and getting recognition from others for being good at something. If they take away the satisfaction and prestige, of course I'll complain about the ornaments being available to everyone. 

You barely see it here on imps, but PvM'ers have e-peens too :^)

2 people like this

I was on youtube and this pops up, no surprises here 

2 hours ago, bobeur said:

Laugh all you want, the whole point of achievements is satisfaction and getting recognition from others for being good at something. If they take away the satisfaction and prestige, of course I'll complain about the ornaments being available to everyone. 

You barely see it here on imps, but PvM'ers have e-peens too :^)

Achievements lost their point when they introduced class change service.

6 people like this

The only problem as I see it is what will follow. A majority of the people saying nay and those who lead the achievementboard are longtime and loyal players since between 2005 and 2009 (not easy to check but possible for the curious - creationdates at OF). Dofus already lost most of them. Those who are left- will they stay or will they leave? Would they reccomend dofus to others? Dont think so.

Personaly I dont mind as I no longer play on 2.XX but I'm pretty sure this will cause Ankama more damage then good, which is sad since it ruins the communities rather then markets. We've seen it happen before and people are already quitting again. 

I hope this works out for you.