• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Gravestorm

Dofus 2.42 Changelog

169 posts in this topic

Completely ignoring whether I like these changes or not, I find the whole notion "it's hard for solo accounters and requires multi" utterly stupid and simply not true.
Having done all but 1 dungeon in the game as a single accounter, I know it's BS, just shifting the blame towards something else. There isn't any mechanic that really heavily favours multi accounters, good communication goes long way. 

Moving to opinions, I'm personally torn on this.
I don't believe 'content should be accessible by everyone', because games should reward the time and effort put in. If everyone with little effort can get any item and complete any dungeon, they lose their 'endgame' feel.
But I am all for nerfs that would allow different team compositions to succeed, more ways to beat a boss. With how restricting the mechanics in new dungeons are, you're pretty much forced into one strategy, and some particular teams have it so much easier it's funny. I'm not really saying 4 foggernauts should be able to beat Vortex, but having something that would allow for every class to shine, thus introduce more diversity, would be really cool.

This is especially true for  some 'duo' achievements. They are often completely out of your reach for your class.

Posted (edited)

With all do respect @Satsuki I disagree. That may very well be your experience but you can't say thats the norm or even a remote reality for many casual gamers. If everyone had that experience solo-accounting we wouldn't be here, in fact the game developers even said in their post "We don't want to ignore the increasing number of players who have reached level 200 but find that the content at that level requires far too much time and effort to complete."

End-game content by its design isn't available to everyone in that there generally located in area with powerful mobs and like frigost require that you complete previous dungeons to get there. Sure people can be leeched through but again that isn't the norm so the notion that there making end-game content available to EVERYONE isn't quite accurate. Every in this sense is every class and player alike, whether a casual or hardcore gamer, or even multi-logger or solo-account. 

Edited by anthonyclark

Why no solo dungeon tho?

A tower with a lot of floors getting harder the futher you progress.

All this Multi client content is shit AF.

The content they release is the same anyway, use 4 characters (panda/iop/elio/enu) beat everything.

Headhunter Mission again please.

2 people like this

@Professor So just generally speaking, there is no argument to me that can be made for solo account players. The game isn't meant to played in a solo account way. As far as I can see being a Solo account is the most causal way to play this game and you're literally restricting yourself because you don't want to make 3 - 4 alts to allow yourself to do 90% of this game. I mean if you just make an eni, panda, and iop the amount of things you can do increases dramatically. You can say whatever you want but I thoroughly believe there is no reason ankama should cater to solo accouters.

2 hours ago, anthonyclark said:

End-game content by its design isn't available to everyone in that there generally located in area with powerful mobs and like frigost require that you complete previous dungeons to get there. Sure people can be leeched through but again that isn't the norm so the notion that there making end-game content available to EVERYONE isn't quite accurate. Every in this sense is every class and player alike, whether a casual or hardcore gamer, or even multi-logger or solo-account. 

I don't really understand what you mean, generally speaking all dungeons besides F3 have no skill requirements to get to. I mean as long as one person is capable of running to the dungeon entrance they can teleport the group to the entrance as long as they have the lvl requirement or in dimensions case the mobs don't even agro... I mean you're right this update doesn't mean everyone and their brother will be able to go beat every dungeon in the game without trying, but this update does make all of the dungeons considerably easier and greatly reduces the skill gap between top tier and mid tier players (I make the assumption everyone is 200 and if you're not 200 then you really shouldn't be complaining the game is impossible)

Posted (edited)

I would agree if I thought the game was intended to be played with multiple accounts. Considering the multi-account restrictions in some areas of the game, the increased fun that can be had by grouping with other people, and the fact that they are "catering" to solo players, and that those with multiple accounts have to pay more (although that argument was more valid before ogrines), I believe that the game was never intended to be multi-account focussed. Multiple character, maybe. Multiple accounts at the same time, I don't think so.

Although they may have shifted focus towards multi-accounting, I personally agree with the shift back and even though that is a matter of opinion, I don't think it can be validly stated that they "should not cater" to solo accounters. That's (almost) like saying that the government should not cater to the poor because they haven't put in enough time and effort to become wealthy.

Edited by Sommanker

@Bob-skittle I'm not talking able simply getting to the dungeon, I'm talking about running dungeons successfully or fighting the mobs with some level of competency, that remains unavailable to low level characters so in that sense, yes, that content is available to them but what can they do with it? Sorry for the confusion I guess but there really shouldn't be any, why would anyone be arguing that low level characters can arrive physically at dungeon entrances and teleport others to it? Who cares about that?

Yes, I agree about the lengths they went to make the dungeons easier my be a tad too far for quite a few people and I think this is still very much a work in progress in the sense they will continue to tweak and review current and future dungeons difficulties. I also think this is a better approach to varying difficulties because that doesn't really go far enough if you ask me.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@Sommanker you mention having to pay more for having multiple accounts as a reason why ankama doesn't really push multiple accounts; however I see that as the exact reason why ankama pushed multiaccounting, 1 player with 4 accounts is spending more money to play than a solo account player. Strictly from a business stand point I would never think to care about the solo players. Frankly this is in my mind the biggest reason ankama wants multi accounting to be more of the focus. I believe Ankama is trying to make the game something is can be enjoyed as a solo player but if you truly want to be good at the game you have to make multiple accounts... I can go on a whole rant as to why I think this for many reason but this isn't really the forum topic post :P

@anthonyclark I'm still not sure exactly if you understood my point that I don't believe this game is meant to be played at any other level other than 200 strictly talking PvM. Since F3 and the release of lvl 200 gear, the gap of abilities and stats of a 199 and 200 cannot be compensated with any amount of skill. In my opinion I believe this nerf to dungeons was not made so that lower levels are capable of doing these dungeons but instead it is allowing the majority of lvl 200 players (who cannot currently do the dungeon)  to be able to beat the dungeons. That is why people are upset, anyone can level to 200 without any skill and then simply because they're 200 they can now do these currently 'impossible' end-game dungeons. That is where people are torn should end-game content only reflect the level you are or should there be skill involved realizing that the skill level of many 200's is currently well below what is required for some of the current dungeons.  

Edited by Bob-skittle
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@Bob-skittle I'm starting to see what your talking about and I agree with you to a point. There are a lot of 200 running around who don't know come here from sic'em. I run into them all the time in Kolosseum however, that doesn't mean that there isn't a impressive amount of competent level 200 players, like myself and my friends, most of which have been playing the same class since before 2.0, who still find end-game content such a big investment of time and resources that we just don't have or come up short. Unlike my friends who had their pals with multiple accounts to assist them in completing it, I sit here having done none of it and the one time I came close was because I was also with a pal who had multiple accounts.

I'm not disagreeing with anyone who says that end-game content should be difficult and require skill to complete, but I've yet to be convinced that the current dungeon set up is so open and inclusive that some relatively well coordinated friends and maybe a random just don't know what there doing and need to "git good", I've managed to run all frig 1 & 2 dungeons with random groups. Why isn't this the case with frig 3 and other dungeons?

Look up my character page on the website, my character name is Anthonyclark.

Edited by anthonyclark
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Bob-skittle said:

the gap of abilities and stats of a 199 and 200 cannot be compensated with any amount of skill.

I disagree, yes the level 200 gears are way stronger than anything below, but skill does matter. Take this guy for instance. There are a lot of mid level players that tackle end game content with skill instead of just power.

And yeah I do agree to the fact there are a lot of level 200s with good gear who just don't know how to play.

Edited by bobeur
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

@bobeur I'm not saying skill doesn't matter, however look at the best set a 199 could make for something like an int rogue vs the best lvl 200 int rogue set. I mean I truly believe there is a limit to how much skill can make up for the lack of stats you gain from 199 - 200, I will say maybe that gap isn't as large as I actually think but still there is a gap. 

Also I'd argue that with the exos that guy you linked has one his 5 lower lvls, that his sets for those 154 or 199 lvl teams is probably worth more than your average lvl 200 players set.

@anthonyclark I mean of course the difficulty jump from F2 to F3 is a large one but I still think that F3 is honestly a very balanced and doable set of dungeons as is. I mean any of those dungeons can be done relatively easily with a group of friends assuming you have the gear for it and the classes you bring have ways to counter the dungeon mechanics. I'm not saying that I can go beat all the the f3 dungeons right now first try but I am confident that I could beat any of those dungeons within a day or two and I think anyone who is 200 is capable of doing these dungeons.

I'm not going to say you lack the skill the beat these dungeons but perhaps you might think about revamping your set I mean just from what I see on the characters page, you're sram has plenty of room to be improved and overall made stronger without having to be any better at the game. I mean it's one thing to say you can't beat these dungeons and you have an optimal set and your spells are leveled, but not to be rude but your sram has a long way to go before I think you can justifiably say that these dungeons are too hard.

Edited by Bob-skittle
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Bob-skittle said:

@bobeur I'm not saying skill doesn't matter, however look at the best set a 199 could make for something like an int rogue vs the best lvl 200 int rogue set. I mean I truly believe there is a limit to how much skill can make up for the lack of stats you gain from 199 - 200, I will say maybe that gap isn't as large as I actually think but still there is a gap. 

You don't go from prespic set to godly lvl200 int set.

You have to farm sets, like, you use your lvl 180 set to farm a lvl190 set, then use that to farm a 199, then use that to farm your first 200 set. then as you upgrade, you're gradually able to do harder and harder dungeons, and thus acquire better and better gear, until you have an op int set. 

@Bob-skittle With all do respect man, you have no idea how hard it was for me to get the gear I have, I had to save for awhile to get this stuff from dungeons I couldn't run and you're telling me I have to go farther if I'm serious about running end-game stuff. Are you serious? My gear is the best I can do without investing serious time and energy into the game, I have other things to do besides grind for kamas and buy gear to run end game dungeons, I can't make that kibd of investment is a game and there are a lot of people like me who can't but maybe you can't understand that.

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, anthonyclark said:

@Bob-skittle With all do respect man, you have no idea how hard it was for me to get the gear I have, I had to save for awhile to get this stuff from dungeons I couldn't run and you're telling me I have to go farther if I'm serious about running end-game stuff. Are you serious? My gear is the best I can do without investing serious time and energy into the game, I have other things to do besides grind for kamas and buy gear to run end game dungeons, I can't make that kibd of investment is a game and there are a lot of people like me who can't but maybe you can't understand that.

You don't get good at anything without investing time and energy. 

You cant bitch and moan other people are better than you because you're not willing to invest time/energy. 

I'd like 1bk handed to me too, but that ain't going to happen without investing lots of time and energy. 

3 people like this

@Bob-skittle Yeah, you definitely don't get it. First off, its a game. Second off, I'm in no way saying you shouldn't have to invest time and energy into something to be good at it, i'm arguing that the current state of the games end-game requires too much of casual gamers. I'm done talking with you, your obviously incapable of understanding and discussing how someone wouldn't and can't invest the same kind of devotion to casually enjoy all a game has to offer and won't be pursueded otherwise so as far as i'm concerned you and I are done here.

I like how you aren't able to quote the right person...

Honestly the game today is so much less demanding of end gamers than it has ever been. Everything is so much more accessible, there is far far far far far far far far far far less of a grind to make gear than it used to be, and there are so many cheaper possibilities for genuinely viable gear. There might be a few more dungeons that perhaps take a bit longer than some of the older content would have done when it was released, but in general everything is so much quicker - levelling to 200, making money you name it.

I've maintained a position near the top of the leaderboard for achieves by literally playing the week after an update + the occasional extra few weeks for the last 6 months to a year. I rarely log more than 2 chars as I tend to do stuff with a select few others (hi bobeur) and it's so easy playing it as casually as this now. I miss about 5 dung achieves (not counting some event stuff I missed last summer) so it'd be even easier if you weren't someone aiming for full success.

This came was easy to play casually before, soon you can play it with your eyes shut, blind drunk and using your feet.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Whoops, lol, I shouldn't reply and work at the same time but I stand by what I said. The developers agree as well. What you call casual isn't what the majority of the community calls casual cause again, I highly doubt we would be here if it was.

I agree the game has become less demanding but to what degree of less demanding? To the point where casual gamers can compete without consistently, and in same cases religiously, committing hours upon hours to a daily/weekly gaming schedule? Ain't no casual gamer got time for that.

Edited by anthonyclark
1 person likes this

As Jim Jefferies would say; "We have to play to the 1% that are such fuckwits, they ruin it for the rest of us. We have to walk as slow as our slowest person to keep society [dofus] moving."

Just because a few casual gamers bitched and moaned content was too hard for them. Now the people that could beat it before, can beat it wayyy  easier. Causing a deficit of resources, meaning you'd probably end up just buying the mats anyways, because you wouldn't want to invest the time or effort farming it yourself OR you'd start bitching and moaning because people with better gear can beat it was easier than you still. Having clearer game mechanics however just makes it clearer on how to beat them. Haven't tried 2.42 yet, but I know when i get back, i'll be able to fly through most achieves I haven't already gotten, because it looks 10 times easier.  

Don't like people expecting hand-me-outs. 

3 people like this

It's definitely a balance and hopefully we can find it cause I don't think we have yet.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Extreal said:

I've maintained a position near the top of the leaderboard for achieves by literally playing the week after an update + the occasional extra few weeks for the last 6 months to a year. I rarely log more than 2 chars as I tend to do stuff with a select few others (hi bobeur) and it's so easy playing it as casually as this now. I miss about 5 dung achieves (not counting some event stuff I missed last summer) so it'd be even easier if you weren't someone aiming for full success.

This came was easy to play casually before, soon you can play it with your eyes shut, blind drunk and using your feet.

Fine. You're ultra pro, i see.

Edited by winged-one
1 person likes this

3 hours ago, ReaperSurm said:

You don't go from prespic set to godly lvl200 int set.

You have to farm sets, like, you use your lvl 180 set to farm a lvl190 set, then use that to farm a 199, then use that to farm your first 200 set. then as you upgrade, you're gradually able to do harder and harder dungeons, and thus acquire better and better gear, until you have an op int set. 

I'm aware of grinding for sets, I simply mean the peak ability of a 200 is far outshines the peak of a 199 and that this nerfing of dungeons wasn't made with the mind of letting 199's do it but rather so the people who are 200 but haven't put in the grind the peak of 200 set wise can do these dungeons. 

2 hours ago, anthonyclark said:

Just to start, I don't actually play Dofus anymore so you can take what I'm about to say and just assume I'm a quitter cause I didn't feel like putting effort into the game. But I was a solo player and I also had to put in time and effort into this game in order to get to where I am in this game. I know exactly how hard it is to gear an account to a point where F3 is beatable and if you can't do that but I'm sorry you really do just need to put in more time and effort into the game.  If you can't put in more time and effort into this game then do you deserve to be able to beat what is supposed to be the end-game hardest content in the game? I get it's a game, but all dofus boils down to is a way to waste time, but you're saying you don't have enough time to waste? I mean I fully understand not enjoying the grind at times but you still have to respect the people who do put in that time and what this update does is make it so all those people who have already put in the time are now being screwed over. So I mean the have good reason to be upset with this. I'm personally just here because my summer job doesn't start till next Friday and I'm bored.

3 people like this

@Bob-skittle Well... I have to admit there is a lot of truth to what you just said, casual gamers like myself just need to commit more time to gearing our players to run end game content. Until the next update that is.

Does anyone happen to have any info on the level 9X Intel set, something Riktus I believe. Recipes and/or stats would be great, cheers!

eme/carc/pelt nerfs. rip oug.  probs won't be able to beat osa or rogue now unless they have shit air res but every other class still np. may go 12/6.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Atrophy said:

Does anyone happen to have any info on the level 9X Intel set, something Riktus I believe. Recipes and/or stats would be great, cheers!

You can see the lower level sets on dofusplanner

Edited by Extreal

Posted (edited)

30 minutes ago, Extreal said:

You can see the lower level sets on dofusplanner

I've just tried now, unfortunately once I select the set all slots stay blank

Edit: Works if you select each item one at a time

Edited by Atrophy