• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tibalt

Echo Server Name Reservation Fixes

I'm assuming some of you were as surprised as I was yesterday to log in and find your character's name had changed. Turns out some people incorrectly got name precedence during the server merge which Ankama has now (Partially) fixed, with intentions to fix the remaining issues on Tuesday's maint.

2017-05-20_16-13-41.jpg

I personally lost one of my character's names and got another back, so swings and roundabouts...

2 people like this

Weird. I used some of my reserve names for all the alts that lost names, then they all had their names restored. When I came back to reclaim the reserve names that I used with some new character creations they were all unavailable. These names are names that aren't exactly names that would be taken.

I'm guessing maybe the names that got replaced are glitched in some way? Or I was just really unlucky with those three names being taken.

It's still weird as hell.
Before the supposed fix my Xelor didn't have the [RUS] in it's name, but after the 'fix' it does, despite the fact unless Character Pages are still broken no one except my xelor has that name, on any server.

I got my name back, top update 

Posted (edited)

One of my alts did not have the [Ros] after it's name when the servers initially merged. With this 'fix' they did give my alt the [Ros] tag behind his name. Wich would mean someone else had the name on a diffrent server correct? NO.

Nobody else had the name my alt had, cuz when my alt got the server tag behind its name, i was able to create a brand new character with his name. Aka nobody had the name, yet they did give my alt the server tag. Not the biggest deal considering i did get the name afterall, but it's still a little strange that it happened.

Edited by Plop
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hahaha.

I got my name back:

"Dark-Chest"

It was "Dark-Chest[Ros]" right after merge... ;)

Sry guy, whoever you are :D 

Edited by winged-one

When I search the Dofus database for "Iku", no-one even has the name (or they're not subbed?). So I was very angry to find I was unable to claim my old name, "Iku" for myself when I returned to Dofus, but my partner Apex was able to get his, despite his being a more likely harder name to claim. Who has Iku and why are hogging my name!!

I've even issued a ticket to Ankama about this. I checked for Iku again on Saturday and found it was still unavailable.

There's still some issues that should be fixed tomorrow during the maintenance.

To appear in the Dofus website, the character needs to login to the game at least once in the last 6 months and be level 20 or higher, to appear in the game (/whois), the character needs to login at least once to the Echo server. Ankama deleted accounts that never had P2P and haven't logged in to the game in the last 2 years or more, and when deciding who keeps the name you're given priority over F2P, lower than level 50 and younger characters.

1 person likes this

On 5/22/2017 at 3:33 PM, Gravestorm said:

There's still some issues that should be fixed tomorrow during the maintenance.

To appear in the Dofus website, the character needs to login to the game at least once in the last 6 months and be level 20 or higher, to appear in the game (/whois), the character needs to login at least once to the Echo server. Ankama deleted accounts that never had P2P and haven't logged in to the game in the last 2 years or more, and when deciding who keeps the name you're given priority over F2P, lower than level 50 and younger characters.

Ankama replied to tell me my name was unavailable. They didn't give any clarification as to why, as the crown king worst customer service team ever...

I don't understand this. I will use my name change potion tonight and try again.

I'm glad I got to keep my name haha did they fix the bug yet where you can actually add people to friends list without it saying ur already full?

Posted (edited)

No luck. I'm told someone else has Iku but just hasn't logged into Echo yet. Well I hope they never do and I get the name back.

Edit: A level 55 Pandawa? Really? Had this name for 8 years and I lose it to a level 55 pandawa with no guild or professions...

Edited by Iku

On 21.5.2017 at 8:10 PM, winged-one said:

Hahaha.

I got my name back:

"Dark-Chest"

It was "Dark-Chest[Ros]" right after merge... ;)

Sry guy, whoever you are :D 

back to "Dark-Chest-[Ros]", d'oh :D bad luck ;)

Blaze-it -> Blaze-it-[Rus] -> Blaze-it 

gg ankama

I wonder if there was some issues between character age and account age, this account is old as fuck (big up Xu's C-Tuc account for any oldies out there) but Blaze-it is a relatively new character (was created on elio release). I think it's my only account where this phenomenon occurred and also only account to have a common name which might reasonably be used by someone else but the character is young

The name is taken by a character that has priority over you but has not logged on Echo yet. That's why the character pages give you no result (a /whois wouldn't either), and that's why the system tells you the name is already being used: it actually is.

;-;